Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-09, 08:23 PM   #26
bassintom
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!Glad everything is fine.Need pics!
Old 10-01-09, 08:39 PM   #27
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Way to go Britney and Laken! And Kory....................ummmmmmm, better make that steak a good one man. Remember the deal, ya'll get 2 years then lisa and i get him along with Caitlyn. hahahahahahah.
Old 10-01-09, 10:50 PM   #28
flfireman

WWOOOOHHOOOO. Congrats.
Old 10-02-09, 02:47 PM   #29
carolina-rig-01

Another update:

Well it looks like we will stay at the hospital another night. Britney and Lake are still doing great but Lake is losing a little too much weight. It's normal for babies to lose a little weight after they are born but he is about 1 ounce below what they wanted him to get down to. The Dr. said it's nothing to be too concerned about, he is just having a little trouble getting the hang of breast feeding so they may have to supplement him with formula along with the breast feeding to keep his weight in check until he gets breast feeding down a little better. Yesterday he was doing a lot better at feeding and is starting to go through a lot more diapers (never thought I would hope for that lol) which is a good sign that he is starting to get enough milk. Anyways just wanted to catch everyone up on the status of my little bassmaster and his momma.
Old 10-02-09, 03:18 PM   #30
MississippiBoy

That happened with us, too, but Caitlyn didn't lose enough to cause any concern. Louann got excited when she changed diapers..."Look! Dirty AND wet!!!" Yay...go Caitlyn...lol.
Is he getting jaundiced any? That's also a concern when breast feeding. Caitlyn spent one night beneath the bright blue UV lights and it went away.
Glad everybody's doing ok, though. Good luck.
Old 10-02-09, 03:33 PM   #31
cassidyta

In 1995, my Son Aaron was born with a rapid heartbeat and he had an issue losing weight. Today he is 6'2" 215 lbs. I wouldn't sweat it.
Old 10-02-09, 05:19 PM   #32
ky southern

big congrats kory,he will get the feeding down pat.
Old 10-02-09, 09:32 PM   #33
66KingFisher

Our granddaughter wasn't able to breast feed and was raised on formula from the git-go....15 months later she's a healthy little gal runnin thru the house full of energy and eats everything you put on her plate....lol.....Don't sweat it Kory i'm sure he'll be fine.
66KingFisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 10:33 PM   #34
carolina-rig-01

Another update:

Well our troubles have switched from Lake to Britney. She is having a spinal neck and head ache because the epidural needle must have went in just a little bit too deep and punctured the sack that holds the fluid the brain sits on (can't spell any of the words but I am sure you can google it lol). They said that this won't hurt Brit long term but it let some of the fluid leak out and the brain is sitting on nerves which is causing her pain. They said the body will eventually make more fluid and get the pressure in this sack back up to where it ought to be and the pains will go away, problem is this could take a few weeks. So it looks like they will be doing what they call a blood patch where they draw blood and add it into the sack to get the pressure right in this sack until the body makes enough fluid to right this situation on it's own. So we are probably going to be facing this tomorrow but we sure hope this goes well and it's the last problem we have before we get to go home.

Also no jaundice yet, he is starting to get a little bit of a yellowish color to his complexion but they dr. said that jaundice usually peaks on the 3rd day after birth and they are checking his dirty diapers (how they moniter jaundice I guess) and so far it looks great.

Last edited by carolina-rig-01; 10-02-09 at 11:08 PM.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-09, 10:47 PM   #35
bcklash

She's going to be fine. Hopefully you can take them home soon.
Give her a big ole Va. hug from me and Adam.
Old 10-02-09, 11:24 PM   #36
MississippiBoy

Yeah, I read up a little on the spinal headaches. They're described as the worst headache imaginable, and it won't go away. They're not really dangerous, they're just torture. They recommend lots of fluids, and caffeine. Not sure what the caffeine is supposed to do, but it does something. Drinking lots of fluids helps the body generate more spinal fluid to bring its level back to where it should be.
This too shall pass, then you'll be at home with your wife and child, and it'll all be worth it.
Old 10-02-09, 11:49 PM   #37
1/4 stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Yeah, I read up a little on the spinal headaches. They're described as the worst headache imaginable, and it won't go away. They're not really dangerous, they're just torture. They recommend lots of fluids, and caffeine. Not sure what the caffeine is supposed to do, but it does something. Drinking lots of fluids helps the body generate more spinal fluid to bring its level back to where it should be.
This too shall pass, then you'll be at home with your wife and child, and it'll all be worth it.

I don't understand 40% of what this says, I assume they mean the caffine is used as a pain releaver. I've been told it does dull pain. but for what it's worth....

Intravenous caffeine sodium benzoate has been in use, off and on, for approximately half a century as a treatment for PDPH. One regimen was to put 500 mg of caffeine sodium benzoate in one liter of intravenous fluid and infuse this over one hour. It could be repeated every 8 hours. Presumably, the cerebral vasoconstrictive effects of caffeine help attenuate the vascular distention, providing analgesia. While some investigators reported very good results with intravenous caffeine sodium benzoate, others found it to be no better than placebo. These days it is difficult to obtain caffeine sodium benzoate in the United States.

Source... http://www.soap.org/media/newsletter...management.htm
Old 10-03-09, 12:07 AM   #38
carolina-rig-01

Britney says that the headaches don't even compare to how bad her neck feels. They told her the same thing about the caffeine and she drank a few cokes and said that they did help some but not nearly enough to get the pain down to a tollerable level.
Old 10-03-09, 01:38 AM   #39
1/4 stick

I wouldn't think there'd be enough caffine in coke to make much of a difference. Seems like MT. Dew or a energy shot or energy drink would do more. But then if one isn't used to it or has issues with caffine making them jittery, that might not be a good idea. With a "tweak freak" like me coke is what I drink when I wanna sleep.

Anyway, I'll send some prayers that it quits hurting soon.
Old 10-03-09, 09:37 AM   #40
bamabassman

Kory, do you think if she had a massage it would help? Just wondering, cause there should be a massage therapist in the hosiptal. I would ask about it anyway.
Old 10-03-09, 10:24 AM   #41
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
Kory, do you think if she had a massage it would help? Just wondering, cause there should be a massage therapist in the hosiptal. I would ask about it anyway.
No because before we found out what was causing the sore neck I just thought it was probably from sleeping in a weird position on the hospital bed, I gave her several messages and it did no good at all. The sore neck and headache are from the brain sitting on nerves becauses the fluid around the brain is leaking, the only thing that will fix it will be more fluid around the brain to get it off the nerves.
Old 10-03-09, 05:02 PM   #42
bamabassman

Ok bud. Please keep us informed alright?
Old 10-03-09, 05:16 PM   #43
1/4 stick

I wonder if laying with her head lower than her body would help releave some of the preasure on the nerves. Just a thought btw, I aint a doc, and I haven't stayed in a Holiday Inn in a couple years.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.