Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-12, 11:41 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default hopefully ya'll will see more of me in the near future....hahahahaha!!!

as ya'll know, lisa changed our internet provider. we were HOPING to cut donw on some cost here at the house. we have verizon cell phones, so why not go with the verizon "jetpack" wireless internet service right? no more land line, and only 1 phone bill.

well it SUCKS...BIG TIME!! "supposed" to be 4g networking. only up here on HTIS ountain i only get 3g. and SPEED?!?! dial up is faster than this crap. o i have been calling the folks and "explaining" my problem to them. getting the run around for the last 3 weeks. like "you'll get 4g in oyur area real soon." me; "how soon?" them; "within a year or so." gimme a break!

then they said "have oyu tried moving to other rooms in the house? look i said. i have put this THING in every room i have, no change. ok the said. how aobut going outside? OUTSIDE?!?!?! yessir, try it outside and see if that helps. so just to humor the lady i go outside. ......it's worse.

so she aske dme to do a SPEEDTEST on my computer. ok. i go to the SPEEDTEST.COM site and do it. what doe sit tell oyu on the upload sir? 0.24 mbg(?), and 0.62 on the outher. silence for about 30 seconds. HELOO? YOU THERE MA'AM? yessir, i am here. what is the g of oyur ocmputer? 4G!!! i jsut had it overhauled 6 months ago lady. it AIN'T MY COMPUTER OK?

ok sir, i jsut have to go through the process. yessir that is way below the reccomended settings. you should have someone from such and such call oyu within 72 hours to talk aobut what we can do or cancell this for you. but they may want to see if oyu would be interested in an antennea. "how much?" i asked. "normally it is $250.00, but we are having a special now, $100.00 and if it works we re-emburse oyu $50.00."

WHAT THE HE77!!! it costs me $170.00 to cancell, now oyuwant me to dish out another $100.00 for an antennea that MIGHT help and if it DOES, give me back $50.00. if it don't i am out $100.00 anyway. nope....no thanky ma'am. i want out and ain't gonna pay a thing. now if oyu want to SEND me the antennea for FREE. test it, ok. but then, if it don't help...i want out without paying ONE RED PENNY, UNDERSTAND? yessir.

now before i say don't do this folks. it is because of WHERE we live. way up and in out in the KUNTRY. ok? in the city, this is fine for wireless internet. one of my sister in laws has this and LOVES it. fast and works jsut fine. but she lives in the CITY of mobile. most all sities have the 4g. but not up here, lol.

and i also asked her this. i said we use verizon CELL phones and get FANTASTIC service. 5 out of 5 bars on the antennea. WHY NOT ON THIS THING? 3 OUT OF 5 BARS IS ALL I GET. dunno she says.

so hopefully i will go back to the land line and things will go back to where we were. we wanted this to work for real folks. so's we could take my laptop when we go somewhere and stay in touch with folks. maybe even get daniel to teach me how to post up pictures instead of me buggin him to do it for me. easier if i have MY computer so he can show me with it.

jsut had ot rant some MORE on this crappy thing and hope and pray i get it solved. i love my wife, she tries to help us out and i was REALLY hoping this would work. but it didn't. oh well.....
Old 09-03-12, 12:02 AM   #2
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

bama I had similar issues with my cell phone when I got home from my last deployment. It would bounce between 3 and 4g then just lose service...period! So I called, complained, they replaced my phone with another. After my 3rd phone my patience was shot! I have been a verizon customer since 98, when they were a small company called airtouch cellular.

I get the run around, we were working on it, we don't know what's wrong, we're going to send a tech out to check the antenna connections, etc, etc.

It came to a point where I exploded and told them I'm sure a lawyer could settle this real fast (I'm not the type to sue anyone, but it seems to work with business'). The manager/supervisor, whoever I was speaking with asked me what a lawyer had to do with this? I told him we were in a legal, binding contract....you offer a service I pay for it. You (verizon) offered me 4g service and I didn't have service period...none...nada...zilch. Then I proceeded to tell him that he their company was taking money from me every month for a service they agreed to provide and I agreed to pay for. I followed all that with, "therefore verizon is in violation of the contract we have and if I'm not mistaken that makes my contract null and void and I am no longer required to pay you anything and since my contract is void due to your lack of providing a service you said you would I can "cancel" my contract and you can't charge me for it!" The guy was like, uh, ummm, uh...well I guess you're right. Then he asked what he could to make it right. I told him to provide me the service they agreed to provide. Then he wanted to argue, "well it's technology and technology has problems", I said yep it is and if you can't make it function properly then you shouldn't offer it. Once again he shut up because he couldn't refute it.

Long of the short I got another new phone, different make and model. They sent a tech out to check the lines again and I've had my service ever since. They called me back and apologized, credit my bill for 1/2 of the actual amount for 2 months because that was how long it took to resolve this.

Either way I hope you get it figured it out and something that will work for the better for you!
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 12:18 AM   #3
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

There is nothing worse than getting dicked around by service companies, whether it's the phone company or the cable company. I've had my fair share of problems with both. It's too bad they won't/can't run Fios out to your house. That would solve all your problems, it has for me. If you're out in the sticks it might be easier said than done though.
Old 09-03-12, 03:46 AM   #4
bamabassman

thanks fellas, yeah i get peeod mos teverytime o turn on my computer. so slow man....so slow.

i think i am gonna get it resolved by wednesday.
Old 09-03-12, 09:13 AM   #5
bassboogieman

Well since you've never experienced it - dinkmiester John - it's exactly like playing a BIG BASS in the grass. Give him a good looking bait and get him to bite, then a little slack, THEN set the hook and cross his eyes. Sometimes they get away, but it ain't easy and if they do they have a sore lip to remind them of the bad experience. Good luck, hope you get things worked out.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 11:06 AM   #6
lilmule

Puppy comes with bundle only-puppy
I can relate have 1500 dsl off phone line ,upload sucks dl can live with but not speedy.Way over priced due to only thing available,cable stops 1/2 mile from house and while in their territory wont run a line to few customers .
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-12, 06:39 PM   #7
keithdog

That really sucks big time John. These companies are always painting a pretty picture, but when the results are less than favorable, they almost try to blame you! And provoding a cure is not very high on their list of concerns uless it's going to cost you even more money! I hope you get everything worked out soon buddy.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.