Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-09, 10:18 AM   #1
bassFishingWNY
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Cool A dude in a hot air balloon

A dude was in a hot air balloon realized he was lost. He lowered his altitude and spotted a fisherman in a boat below. He shouted to him, 'Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him an hour ago, but I don't know were I am

The person in the boat consulted his portable GPS and replied, 'You're in a hot air balloon, approximately 30 feet above the water elevation of 2346 feet above sea level. You are at 31 degrees, 14.97 minutes north latitude and 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude.

The dude rolled his eyes and said, 'You must be a Democrat.'

'I am,' replied the man. 'How did you know?'

'Well,' answered the dude , 'everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to do with your information, and I'm still lost. Frankly, you've not been much help to me.'

The Democrat smiled and responded, 'You must be a Republican .'

''I am,' replied the dude . 'How did you know?'

'Well,' said the Democrat, 'you don't know where you are or where you're going. You've risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air. You made a promise that you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. You're in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but, somehow, now it's my fault.'
bassFishingWNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 01:16 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

That is a pretty sad job of inserting Democrat/Republican into an old joke. The joke works in my office, with Architects/Engineers, but the political take on it is really not very apropos.

I mean, come on...only Republicans make promises they can't keep? Only Democrats are "full of correct information" and can "solve problems?" And unlike Architects coming to an Engineer to ask them if something can be done...do you think Republicans are always asking Democrats for their help? Neither side does that. Very poorly concealed excuse to say Republicans are "full of hot air". Have fun snickering with your fellow Blue-staters.
Old 06-09-09, 03:17 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01

dude this guy is an idiot. he comes on a fishing site and tells a joke ( although a very stupid joke) showing that he is against fishing (or atleast that is what i got out of it). and he probably read on here enough to know that almost everyone on this site is anti obama and tells a joke (although a little more funny than the first joke) like this. i think he is just trying to piss everyone off.

with this much free time on his hands maybe he is doens't have a job and is living off of one of obamas very helpful handouts

disclaimer:

the views and opinions stated in this post are that of the poster only and in no way should reflect the opinions and views of bassfishin.com and all it's members.
Old 06-09-09, 03:52 PM   #4
bassFishingWNY
BassFishin.Com Active Member

To start, I'm 65, retired at 62 with my pension. Now fish, fish, fish every day. My jokes come from my own mind, not told to me from the far right (FOX NEWS)!
Obama has 62% approval rating, and he don't need to invade a country to do it, or have America a scared for 8 years.
Try thinking for yourself, if possible, I know that's hard for the far right!!
bassFishingWNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-09, 03:59 PM   #5
MississippiBoy
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassFishingWNY View Post
To start, I'm 65, retired at 62 with my pension. Now fish, fish, fish every day. My jokes come from my own mind, not told to me from the far right (FOX NEWS)!
Obama has 62% approval rating, and he don't need to invade a country to do it, or have America a scared for 8 years.
Try thinking for yourself, if possible, I know that's hard for the far right!!
http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...jokehotair.htm

Hypocrite.
Old 06-09-09, 04:02 PM   #6
Bassboss

Well I thought it was funny!
Old 06-09-09, 04:03 PM   #7
Bassboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
Now that's sad.... Funny either way though!
Old 06-09-09, 04:16 PM   #8
nofearengineer

Nobody here ever said anything bad about Obama, though I would assume you are correct in that most members here are probably right of center. But what does that have to do with anything? It's like talking to a kid who has his hands over his ears and is yelling "LA-LA-LA-LA-LA_CAN'T HEAR YOU!!!" This is a great website for making new friends, regardless of religion, ideology, or political bent. You are really wasting your opportunity by being obnoxious.
Old 06-09-09, 04:18 PM   #9
flfireman

I think my iggy list is going to grow real soon. Just to save me some worthless reading.
Old 06-09-09, 04:27 PM   #10
fishin spro
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

yall take the political crap somewhere else...this is a fishing site. not a "b!tch about why the big black democrat fella is good or bad site"
Old 06-09-09, 04:28 PM   #11
Bo Dale James Jr.

I too feel another Iggy .........
Old 06-09-09, 04:31 PM   #12
Bo Dale James Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishin spro View Post
yall take the political crap somewhere else...this is a fishing site. not a "b!tch about why the big black democrat fella is good or bad site"

You are my hero!!!
Old 06-09-09, 04:58 PM   #13
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiBoy View Post
intresting......
Old 06-09-09, 05:01 PM   #14
fishin spro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo Dale James Jr. View Post
You are my hero!!!
i tend to have that affect on people...lmao jk
Old 06-09-09, 05:10 PM   #15
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I farted and it's fixing to hit my wife in 5.4.3.2.1.... Now that's funny!
Old 06-09-09, 05:11 PM   #16
bcklash

I'm left wing, no I'm right wing or maybe I'm both

What I really is, is a redneck from Va. who for the most part enjoys this site because of the people and to get an education on bass fishing.
Old 06-09-09, 05:46 PM   #17
Bassboss

Quote:
X's 2

X's 3 if you agree...
Old 06-09-09, 09:04 PM   #18
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
i am sure you must be talking to the guy who started this thread because there is no way you would tell guys who have been on this site a lot longer than you to take it somewhere else right?

and politics can and do have a major role in hunting and fishing. perhaps you have heard of gun control (which could make hunting a little bit more difficult). or maybe you have heard rumors of a lead ban, which could make fishing a little different if you weren't allowed to use lead products. i am not wanting to start arguements over what will or will not happen ie: gun control or lead ban. but as long as it is under non fishing related i think that politics have their place on this board. we all fish but we also have a huge interest in what is going on in our government, whether or not we agree on it, and whether it might start an arguement or not.
Old 06-09-09, 09:11 PM   #19
carolina-rig-01

fellas after reading what i said earlier about obamas handouts i got to thinking about the hardworking people on this site and all over the country for that matter that are out of work. then i realized how that statement could have come across wrong so let me explain what i meant incase someone read it and got the wrong idea.

i wasn't talking about the honest hardworking people who through no fault of their own are out of a job. i was talking about the just as large number of people who are too lazy to work and would rather sit back and collect a check that the working people pay for through taxes.

i hope i didn't offend anyone, and also when i called bassfishingwny an idiot that was a little much. his views are his views and as much as we might disagree with them, i shouldn't have went so low as to call him an idiot. now lets move on to bigger and better things.
Old 06-09-09, 10:23 PM   #20
bassintom

Send a message via AIM to bassintom Send a message via Yahoo to bassintom

I don't ever remember seeing a political debate turn ugly here.Each members political affiliation/religion/whatever means nothing to me and I respect each member equally.(except Zook,he gets double respect or he'll kick my a**)
Now go fish.
Old 06-10-09, 04:55 PM   #21
cassidyta

Politics/schmolitics....lets discuss important things like the need for a college football playoff...the reason that CA bass can not break a record, or a comparison of blondes, brunettes, and redheads.

One of the things that is great about this site is the ability to speak our minds in the right forum. That being said, no ne can expect to post any form of comment about religion, politics, or a lack of toothbrushes in the south without expecting to take a little retribution.
Old 06-10-09, 04:57 PM   #22
MississippiBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidyta View Post

One of the things that is great about this site is the ability to speak our minds in the right forum. That being said, no ne can expect to post any form of comment about religion, politics, or a lack of toothbrushes in the south without expecting to take a little retribution.
That would be TEETHbrushes...some of us down here still have several left in our mouths. See?
Old 06-10-09, 06:41 PM   #23
keithdog

Oh I have to chime in here. I can't resist. I remember very clearly it was the democratic camp that was pointing fingers of blame for every ill that exists on earth towards Bush and the republicans. Even making accusations that were redicuous. All the while promising the American people how Obama was going to save the day. But they never once told us HOW he was going to do all the things he said needed fixing. Since then, he has been printing money like never before and handing it out left and right, totally devaluating our US dollar. But that can't go on forever. And now he is promising the Arab nations billions of US tax payer dollars in aid. But where will THAT money come from??? We don't have it to give. More borrowing from China??? China will own the US soon if that doesn't stop. Get ready my friends for your taxes to skyrocket soon, and I don't care what tax bracket your in. After all, Obama is thinking about taxing our health insurance benefits now, despite saying durring the campaign that would never happen. And national healthcare, don't even get me started on that one. Obama says we can choose to continue to use our employer provided health insurance benefits if we choose. But how many employers are going to choose to pay for that benefit if Uncle Sam will provide it??? Personally, I don't want some guy in Washington deciding what I am going to be allowed to have done medically! And trust me, that will happen. And Obama wants to make it mandatory that all Americans have health care. While I like the sound of that, who will pay for it and how? All this from the party that claims to be the only ones who sympathize with the American people. The party who cares. The party who is about to reach into your wallet and take all they can grab.

Last edited by keithdog; 06-11-09 at 05:41 PM.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 06:57 PM   #24
keithdog

And while I'm at it, if it wasn't for FOX news, we would never hear anything from the conservative side of the isle. The Democrats and the national news media walk step in step together. Not every democrat is far left, and not every republican is far right. But the national news media constantly portrays all democrats as main stream and all republicans as far right lunitics. Fox news is needed in order to help balance the media. Without FOX news, we would only be spoonfed what the national media wants us to hear in order to achieve their polital agendas. There, now I can take a deep breath and go have dinner. While I am still able to afford it.

Last edited by keithdog; 06-11-09 at 05:43 PM.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-09, 07:52 PM   #25
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
i am sure you must be talking to the guy who started this thread because there is no way you would tell guys who have been on this site a lot longer than you to take it somewhere else right?

and politics can and do have a major role in hunting and fishing. perhaps you have heard of gun control (which could make hunting a little bit more difficult). or maybe you have heard rumors of a lead ban, which could make fishing a little different if you weren't allowed to use lead products. i am not wanting to start arguements over what will or will not happen ie: gun control or lead ban. but as long as it is under non fishing related i think that politics have their place on this board. we all fish but we also have a huge interest in what is going on in our government, whether or not we agree on it, and whether it might start an arguement or not.

What does how long you've been on here have to do with anything? Personally. I think political discussions should be taken somewhere else. All those discussions do is cause problems, which is the reason political topics are not allowed at some sites

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.