Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-11, 11:54 PM   #1
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default The good and the bad

Well, boys, I probably shouldn't admit this, but I recently hit the big 5-0. That kind of sucks, although I was kind of surprised I made it that far. Like most if not all of us I did enough dumb things that I could very easily been dead a long time ago. For you young guys if you haven't done any or many of those you will.

Anyway, when my wife turned 50 last year-I really gave her a hard time, and I can testify that what they say about paybacks are true-she got a new car. Well, the good part is we agreed that I could get a new truck. My truck was 10 years old, so last Saturday I traded it in on a brand new 4WD Ford F-150 Lariat, white with gold trim-it matches the boat. I went with a 4WD not for off roading, but for getting from the bottom of a slick ramp to the top. Haven't towed the boat yet, but that will happen real soon.

I can't turn back the clock, but it kind of eases the pain!
Old 05-08-11, 04:29 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01

Congrats on not only the birthday but also for getting the new truck. I come from a long line of Ford lovers and married into a long line of Chevy lovers so both families were scratching their heads a few years back when I got a brand new Nissan Titan. I myself love Fords and the only reason I went Nissan was because it was in the middle of the bailouts and although I didn't hear of Ford being in any financial trouble I didn't want to take a chance on my warranty being ran by the government. Now that it looks like Ford is out of the woods my next truck will probably be a Ford with the Ecoboost. My grandpa ordered a new F-150 every 2 years for about as far back as I can remember, however he loved his 02' King Ranch so much that he is still driving it (but mentions a new Diesel or Ecoboost every once in a while lol). I haven't been without 4WD for 10 years or so now for the same reason you mentioned, we get some slick ramps here as well and there are some places that I launch that are just gravel bars and 4WD is a must. Plus we occasionally get some mysterious white stuff on the ground once in a while in the winter and 4WD is nice then as well.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-11, 05:04 PM   #3
bamabassman

50?!? you're only 50 yrs old? man.........here i thought oyu were at least 90 something man. i mean oyu sound so OLD, bwaaahahahahahaaha!!!!!jsut messing with you rebb. i ain't far behind oyu buddy. hitting that mark come december.

now..........WHERE ARE THE PICS OF THE TRUCK?!?! WE WANT TO SEE IT REBB!!! hooked to the boat too. sounds sharp, i love white trucks, mine is white with crimson (no daniel, it ain't marrom,lol). 3 reasons for white, 1; looks clean ALL the time (unless oyu drive it through red clay like we got here. leson learned). 2; cooler in the summer. (ever put your arm on a black vehicle in july or august? burn sity there gang.) 3; warmer in the winter. black may draw heat, but how much sun is out during winter? usually it is always cloudy in winter.

congrats on oyur new baby carrier rebb. and happy belated birthday to you buddy.
Old 05-08-11, 06:57 PM   #4
keithdog

Well Happy Birthday "OLD" buddy. I turn 52 in June, so I know how your feeling pal. The new truck sounds awsome! Like John said, PICS MAN PICS!!!!!
Old 05-08-11, 08:03 PM   #5
nofearengineer

Welcome to the club!!!

Not the "50" club...the new truck club!!

Your Ford sounds nice...it sure does feel good riding in a new truck, huh?
Old 05-08-11, 11:17 PM   #6
Rebbasser

Bama, I'll get some pics up asap.
Old 05-09-11, 05:22 AM   #7
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Wow, I'm only 19, but if I get a new truck when I turn 50, I CAN'T WAIT!!!.......... and maybe a new Ranger Boat at 30!!

Ryan
Old 05-09-11, 06:10 PM   #8
bamabassman

hahahahaha....rryan................ i am laughing my ARSE off at your post man. dat was goooodddddd buddy. now oyu got something to REALLY look forward to.
Old 05-09-11, 08:18 PM   #9
66KingFisher
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Congrats on the Birthday.....I turn 54 in July, so I know your pain...lol. The truck sounds nice, and I've been a Ford fan for many years, even though I own a Chevy....A 20yr old Chevy I might add,so something new sounds nice...lol....Enjoy it bud.
Old 05-10-11, 10:26 AM   #10
jdw174
BassFishin.Com Member

Just wait until you hit the bigger 65.....

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.