Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-11, 01:37 PM   #1
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser
Default Just out of boredom

In Equatorial Guinea Africa, they don't seem to have the same passion as football as we do, but they have been showing the World Cup Rugby. I have watched enough to figure one thing out, those are some tough bastards. Don't take offense by bastard, it is just a word I refer to people I don't personally know. I am getting a little knowledge of it watching it though, but not enough to spark a google of general rules of rugby...yet.

And incase anyone is wondering, EG, or Malabo (An island of EG) is under the western peninsula of Africa. I can see the mountains of Malabo on the bow, and the mountains of Cameroon on the starboard. And I went to watch some footage this afternoon from the ROV unit and I got to see a marlin and 3 big sharks on video. The marlin was at 250m (around 800')water depth, surprised me they would be that deep.
Old 10-01-11, 01:43 PM   #2
MississippiBoy

You are bored, aren't you?
I thought you were working in the Mediterranean, close to Jordan?
Old 10-01-11, 01:45 PM   #3
3dkicker

Let me give you the simple version of the game....

Run the ball forward to score...called a tri. Kick (punt) the ball to advance your team and pin the opposing team back in their end. Or to get out of trouble. Backwards or lateral pass is used to find holes in the defense and score. No forward pass in this game.

Ruck, maul, and scrum. Goes like this. Ruck is when ball is on ground and players stand over it. Maul is when player holds the ball in a group. Scrum is a restart of play.

Line out is a throw in. Typically a play is called (like a qb does before snap) and ball is passed in but ball must be between the two teams.

Knock on is when a player hits the ball forward when trying to catch it and it hits the ground. One of the rules of the game. You must release the ball when you are tackled. Another important rule.

Basically ball control is vital in the game and those who control the ball normally win. Although speed kills and teams can score very quickly if they can find holes in the defense.

Last edited by 3dkicker; 10-01-11 at 01:50 PM.
3dkicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-11, 02:07 PM   #4
Bubba_Bruiser

D, I was last time, but the rig had issues and went to port. So I came over here for this month and I should be going back to the Med in Nov. Thanks for the run down Smitty. All the teams have been well matched I guess, because none have been super high scoring. But I like it when the guy kicks the ball in the air, what seems to be a mile, and runs down the field and catches his on kick and scores hahahahaha.
Old 10-01-11, 03:06 PM   #5
3dkicker

The ball is bigger but lighter than a football so you can do that. Plus the kicker has to advance to keep his players onside when he kicks so he's got to move.

Remember that Aussie Rules Rugby is very different than World Cup Rugby. And then you have 7's (which only has 7 players vs the normal 15).

US typically gets beat 110 - 17 or something like that in World Cup games. Aussie and New Zealand are the typical powerhouses.
Old 10-01-11, 05:45 PM   #6
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

HUH?!?!?! LOL!!!! is this like the movie? hahahahaha!!!!
Old 10-03-11, 03:25 AM   #7
Bubba_Bruiser

I don't know Bama. But I have been taking a pill called Malarone. It is for malaria prevention. And one of the lesser side effects is vivid dreams. They are almost like a movie and so real it's scary, but good most of the times. I seldom remember a dream, but like Porky said, these give a night to remember.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.