Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-08, 04:43 PM   #1
Lilmoosecountry
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Angry BPS Playing games with the People of Indep. MO.

1. they were slated to open over a 1 1/2 ago. That has yet to happen. This year alone it was slated to open Jan1 then mid Feb & then mid March. Now there saying they'll open earlier than they last promised. So there going back to the mid Febuary date. Many of these opening promises are there own faults. Last summer it would be a perfectly nice day. There would be no construction going on. But look that's just for Starters. 2. There hiring practices just completely suck. Yes i did try to get a part time job with them. I have to adimit i only wanted it for the discount. But i know people who need jobs. People who are struggling to find any kind job even a 6.00 hr job. They posted for mangement over a year ago on there website. They have had 4 job fairs & there still doing job fairs. The one i attended they had over 6,800 applicants in 3 days. That info. was according to the local news. They are still excepting applications on there web page as well. But i was told by a friend who attended this last job fair. In the interview the interviwer admitted to him that they had seen over 36,000 people. Seems to me with all those people who were interviewed they should have found some decent help. What is BPS saying to my town. That were good enough to take our money. But not good enough to work for yeahh. Well i have came to conclusion if they don'nt like us they can leave our little city. We do'nt need them. There is a Cabela's down the road on 170. I was really excited for BPS. But now i feel insulted.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 01-23-08 at 05:25 PM.
Lilmoosecountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-08, 04:50 PM   #2
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Good to see somebody who gives a damn working there. Most of them dumb broads just show up, get it easy, and expect a paycheck. At least some people try to help the fellow outdoorsman...

-Lunk-
Old 01-23-08, 05:04 PM   #3
Lilmoosecountry

well i nevor got hired. That's cool i just wanted a discount. Besides i allready got a job. But i know hard working people. Who are friends who need jobs. I mean anything they can get. I mean people who know somthing about hunting & Fishing that are not getting call backs. This city does'nt have much to offer for jobs. They have had allot of job growth in 1 area restraunts & shopping malls. But try to make a living on that with a family.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 01-23-08 at 05:22 PM.
Old 01-24-08, 06:28 PM   #4
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I'm always buggin my dad to go to Cabela's in Dundee, and when we get our BPS here, I told him He'll never hear me ask to go to Cabela's. The store their building in Rossford (toledo) is suposed to be HUGE. It's supposed to be open by the 2009 season. It better or I'm gonna be PO'ed.

BB
Old 01-24-08, 10:38 PM   #5
DaHorns
BassFishin.Com Member

How far is Independance from Joplin?
DaHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-08, 12:11 AM   #6
bassinbob

Lilmoose the same thing (almost) is happening here in west Pa. BPS is supposed to open a store next to a racetrack but there is some kind of holdup going on. Not sure what it is. Anyway I thought about applying for a part time job but asfter reading your post and some others I don't think I will. I still hope they open. That will give me a BP and A Cabalas within an hour and a half from my house.
Old 01-25-08, 10:38 AM   #7
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHorns View Post
How far is Independance from Joplin?
1/2 way north up the state!!!
Old 01-25-08, 10:45 AM   #8
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassinbob View Post
Lilmoose the same thing (almost) is happening here in west Pa. BPS is supposed to open a store next to a racetrack but there is some kind of holdup going on. Not sure what it is. Anyway I thought about applying for a part time job but asfter reading your post and some others I don't think I will. I still hope they open. That will give me a BP and A Cabalas within an hour and a half from my house.
Yeahh i don't know what there problems are. I know i want to deal with salesmen that know what there talking about. But in the same matter there not hiring people i know who do. So i don't know what there problem is. As far as construction is concerned. We had many nice day last summer when no work was going onat all for weeks at a time. That might explain why there a 1&1/2
behind.
Old 01-25-08, 09:09 PM   #9
Captmikestarrett

Default Scuttle is:

Two years ago they decided to sell more BPS branded products on a one year deal with many asian manufactors. The bill came due this year and the economy was flat or depressed. They held off all construction crews for non-payment 90 days in order to pay the BPS branded bill. Face it is hard times right now and not looking much better. They will bounce and finish the builds but service and selection will suffer.

About 40 % of the Balto BPS employees have left and I quote " Been promoted to customer"

Have you heard the radio killed the record market
Have you heard the IPOD killed the cd sales
Have you heard the internet killed the big tackle stores....

We wish to control big business so as to secure among other things good wages for the wage-workers and reasonable prices for the consumers. T. Roosevelt

Capt Mike
Old 01-25-08, 09:26 PM   #10
DaHorns
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
1/2 way north up the state!!!
Damn, sorry. I had a suggestion for you.
DaHorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-08, 10:32 AM   #11
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHorns View Post
Damn, sorry. I had a suggestion for you.
What was that!!!
Old 01-29-08, 11:50 AM   #12
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmikestarrett View Post
Two years ago they decided to sell more BPS branded products on a one year deal with many asian manufactors. The bill came due this year and the economy was flat or depressed. They held off all construction crews for non-payment 90 days in order to pay the BPS branded bill. Face it is hard times right now and not looking much better. They will bounce and finish the builds but service and selection will suffer.

About 40 % of the Balto BPS employees have left and I quote " Been promoted to customer"

Have you heard the radio killed the record market
Have you heard the IPOD killed the cd sales
Have you heard the internet killed the big tackle stores....

We wish to control big business so as to secure among other things good wages for the wage-workers and reasonable prices for the consumers. T. Roosevelt

Capt Mike
Yeah at what cost!!! It's just the walmart thing all over again. This time a different company. I go to a local fly shop called. The Rainbow fly shop. I 've been going there for over 30 yrs. They are a Orvis dealor. Now there contract say's there can't be another orvis dealor within 170 miles of there location. Now bps is just built a block away from there location. What do you think is going to happen to that businiess once BPS opens on FEB.20. Hey BPS is a orvis dealor as well. Why is this nocompete clause being ignored. Why is orvis allowing this to happen. Remembor this fly shop has a contract. Bps is in violation of this no compete clause. The way i see it.
Old 01-30-08, 12:02 AM   #13
Bender

The delays could be from any number of reasons.
The competition with the local tackle store is what bothers me. I sure wish there was a local place where I could spend what little cash I have left in our area. Just remember people that you are not just paying for what components you buy, you are (should be) receiving a service as well. Ask BPS staff guys about tips for your local lake and see if they can help as well as your local dealer.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-08, 10:44 AM   #14
basstech
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Heya Lilmoose, captmike I think is correct, not to mention BPS just opened a big store in olathe. With Rogers 20 minutes away (support your independent retailer) a Cabela's and the depressed economy, there is no reason for BPS to open that store. It will be convenient, but Roger's is still going to get the bulk of my business.
Old 01-30-08, 11:38 AM   #15
Lilmoosecountry

Yes i love Rogers. The Olathe store is not as big as the Indep. store. The Indep. Store will rival springfield in size. There doing a resort kind of thing like cabelas is at the speedway. They put a private lake in at the Indep, location. They will have Resort hotel going up next. This is to cash in on tourism. With Indep. being the home of Harry S Truman. Bps is trying to cash in on the tourist that wonder threw are town. The question why was Olathe built. The Store is older. But our store has tooken longer to build there for Olathe went up faster. I don't care anymore i have been dealing with Rogers for years. I pass that way going up to smithvile anywise. So they will continue to see the brunt of my businiess. BPS is not a bait shop. If BPS compete's for there businiess. Where will i get my worms & minows after BPS closes them down.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 01-30-08 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-30-08, 04:49 PM   #16
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
The delays could be from any number of reasons.
The competition with the local tackle store is what bothers me. I sure wish there was a local place where I could spend what little cash I have left in our area. Just remember people that you are not just paying for what components you buy, you are (should be) receiving a service as well. Ask BPS staff guys about tips for your local lake and see if they can help as well as your local dealer.
I find that funny that some 6.00 hr bps employee thinks he knows more about this area than i do when it comes to Fish'n. That includes there store manager. I don't pretend to be the best local fisherman at all. But Them people are Sick in the head if they think they can out fish me.

Last edited by Lilmoosecountry; 01-30-08 at 04:58 PM.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.