Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-08, 01:02 AM   #1
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default First Loomis – Super Stoked

Well, I can finally say that I own a G Loomis rod, and the best thing about it is that I won (or probably selected for) it.

It is a custom rod that was built on a GL2 blank and given to me by a most generous benefactor at another forum. I am very grateful and was told that that the win was not necessarily random. I don’t know what I did to deserve it, but I think it might have been partly due to the stories and reports I’ve posted in 2007.

I cannot wait to give this rod a try. I was also given the choice of spinning or casting. I chose the latter. I realize GL2 is not GLX but, who would I be to look a gift horse in the eyes and say no?

Sorry, I just couldn’t contain the joy and had to share it with all of you. I’ll try to post a pic when I get the chance
Old 02-22-08, 08:33 AM   #2
Cranebird
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The fact that it was a custom build can make alot of difference. Some rod builders can make up for a lower grade blank in the building process.A more precise fitted components and properly placed guides will outperform a factory made high end rod, or at least be very comparable to it sesitivity and fishing ability wise. Congratulations, I hope you load the livewells with it.Ivan
Old 02-22-08, 04:35 PM   #3
lunker-lander

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Congrats!

-Lunk-
Old 02-24-08, 06:33 PM   #4
bassnman30

I remember my first G.Loomis rod. Since then I've bought two more. The Shakey head rod is probably my favorite, especially for Shakey heads. I've got a spinnerbait rod and it performs great. I also got a deep crankin rod thats 7'6" long. That thing cast a big crank. a mile (give or take)!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.