Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-06, 10:05 PM   #1
freebirdz
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Big Bass Site?

Does anyone know of any websites out there that are strictly dedicated to catching big bass? I mean I know that everyone wants to catch a big bass but I'm referring to a site that only discuss's big bass catching tactics specifically. I tried WorldRecordBass.com but the site seemed a little dated and not enough about catching big bass.

I realize that a big bass could be caught on a rooster tail, but you sure do up your odds when you have the right gear, big bait, right time of day, week, year, lake, using the right presentation, in the right depth of water, and so on.

I would like to see a site where you can not only learn everything you ever wanted to know about increasing your odds for catching big bass, but also a place where you can buy all of your gear, baits, books, and everything else related to big bass fishing.

To me there are 3 types of bass fisherman. The first being someone who just wants to catch alot of bass, no matter how big (usually beginners IMO). The second being a tournament bass fisherman who not only wants to catch a lot of fish, but wants them to be bigger fish too. To him, 5 average bass will usually make him happy. The third is way different from the other two. He will be happy if he only gets one bite all day as long as it's a hawg. He knows that he may only get one bite all day-maybe none. But he is just as excited as the other two bass fisherman when he gets on the water. He could care less about how many little bass he catches or doesn't catch, although he still enjoys catching them when he does. He could care less about winning any money in a tournament. He knows that what he's fishing for could make him rich overnight-although the chances are better than slim for most of these guys.

The third type of bass fisherman is what I'm turning into and I crave the information I need to fill my role. I don't want to spend time going from forum to forum or site to site to get my questions answered. I want one central hub for everything big bass.

If there isn't a site like this, am I the only one who would like to see one? I get tired of going to all the different forums and sites and trying to put together bits and pieces of information on how to catch big bass, what to catch them with, when to catch them, yada, yada, yada.....I've fished all of my life for bass and don't get me wrong, I still like catching a little bass over catching no bass, but the reason I'm out there fishing is to catch a lunker!

Am I just being impatient or do you guys feel the same way?

Freebirdz
freebirdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-06, 10:09 PM   #2
flippin4it
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Give trophybassonly.com a look.
Old 04-27-06, 10:13 PM   #3
freebirdz
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippin4it
Give www.trophybassonly.com a look.
Thanks for the tip. I believe I ran across this site some time ago and was impressed with all the photos of big bass, but it seems to me that there wasn't much in the way of information. I'll give it a look again and see if it fits the bill.

Thanks again...anyone else have any suggestions?

Freebirdz
Old 04-28-06, 06:03 AM   #4
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdz
Thanks for the tip. I believe I ran across this site some time ago and was impressed with all the photos of big bass, but it seems to me that there wasn't much in the way of information. I'll give it a look again and see if it fits the bill.

Thanks again...anyone else have any suggestions?

Freebirdz
Freebirdz buddy you really answered your own question beleive it or not buddy. I am afraid to say that Big Bass fisherpersons are a breed all there own. True sportsmen most of them and the fact that they fish strictly for the biggest makes them keep most of there secrets to themselves. I am not nocking them in any way shape or form. Any outdoor trophy hunter is usually pretty closed mouth when it comes to divuldging there secrets. Its just part of life.
Old 04-28-06, 07:20 AM   #5
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Its kinda like the deer hunter passing up hundreds of deer waiting on the big buck to come over the fence... makes sense if you know the big un 's in there
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 12:39 PM   #6
freebirdz
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FASTLASER
Freebirdz buddy you really answered your own question beleive it or not buddy. I am afraid to say that Big Bass fisherpersons are a breed all there own. True sportsmen most of them and the fact that they fish strictly for the biggest makes them keep most of there secrets to themselves. I am not nocking them in any way shape or form. Any outdoor trophy hunter is usually pretty closed mouth when it comes to divuldging there secrets. Its just part of life.

I totally agree that they are a breed of their own! But there are some very helpful Big Bass hunters out there. They are more than happy to share their knowledge of the Big Bass. Take Mike Long for example. Now I've never met him personally myself, but everyone who has says what a great guy he is and how helpful he is to someone who is not a seasoned Big Bass Hunter. I hear "Fish Chris" is the same way too.

Now getting any of these guys to show you their honey holes, that's another story!

Freebirdz
Old 04-28-06, 01:46 PM   #7
Deacon

Free,

you could also look here.... www.swimbaitnation.com or www.ncbf.com
The first one is dedicated to swimbait fisherman. It has a decent forum and pics page. The second 1 is a california based site but has a great pitures page and also has www.westernbass.tv Westernbass.tv is a GREAT place to watch videos(must have quicktime and DSL is good to have too. I think the videos of on this site are really a great learning tool. I know it is designed for Cali but if you take the essentials you could use them out where you are.....
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-06, 03:59 PM   #8
bass kicker

Quote:
thats true with musky anlers up here they never tell you what they catch there fish on
Old 04-28-06, 09:00 PM   #9
bassguy2004

Freebirdz, there is no real tried and true web site for big bass. I have found one which is Bass Fan.com which has a pull down tab called Big Bass Zone, which is under "Tips and Tackle". Now the two fisherman which write the articles for this is Bill Siemantel and Michael Jones. They have written a book called "Big Bass Zone". It is a compilation of information which the two gentlemen put together. I would guess this is what you are looking for. I have not read the book but is on my list to purchase. I hope this helps feed the fishing fire.
Old 04-28-06, 10:22 PM   #10
lizardsrule

For $500 and a case of Mountain Dew, I'll take ya to a place where I know you can catch a 10 lber if you fish it enough, and correctly. The key here is you gotta come to Florida rotfl.

Lizards
Old 04-29-06, 01:27 AM   #11
freebirdz
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassguy2004
Freebirdz, there is no real tried and true web site for big bass. I have found one which is Bass Fan.com which has a pull down tab called Big Bass Zone, which is under "Tips and Tackle". Now the two fisherman which write the articles for this is Bill Siemantel and Michael Jones. They have written a book called "Big Bass Zone". It is a compilation of information which the two gentlemen put together. I would guess this is what you are looking for. I have not read the book but is on my list to purchase. I hope this helps feed the fishing fire.

Thanks I'll check it out!
Old 04-29-06, 01:28 AM   #12
freebirdz
BassFishin.Com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule
For $500 and a case of Mountain Dew, I'll take ya to a place where I know you can catch a 10 lber if you fish it enough, and correctly. The key here is you gotta come to Florida rotfl.

Lizards
Thanks, but I'll take my chances in Cali....
Old 04-29-06, 06:13 AM   #13
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizardsrule

Lizards
I drink Mountain Dew have truck and boat will travel. Do ya take checks?? LMAO!!
Old 04-30-06, 10:00 PM   #14
lizardsrule

Quote:
I drink Mountain Dew have truck and boat will travel. Do ya take checks?? LMAO!!
You've made me laugh enough, it's only 10 Bags of Baby Paca Craws for you In Green Pumpkin of course rotfl.

Lizards
Old 05-01-06, 09:09 PM   #15
flippin4it

Lizards, be careful. I might just take you up on that.
Old 05-01-06, 10:11 PM   #16
lizardsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by flippin4it
Lizards, be careful. I might just take you up on that.
I love to Bass fish period. So I will fish anytime there's any kind of excuse I can think of. I need a hair cut so I go fishing to forget about it. I need to pick up something at the store, that's a good reason to fish I woke up this morning, another great reason to fish Anyway's it's no secret what lake it is or where it's at. I'll take ya fishing

Lizards
Old 05-01-06, 11:41 PM   #17
Rodman_Rob

I know the honey hole lizards is refering to, I'll take ya there for 3 bags of Paca Craws and a 6 pack of budwiser, lol. Oh, you got a boat? Heck I'll do it for free and even buy the shiners, lmao.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.