Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-06, 07:18 PM   #1
Denny_K
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default fishing Tenn. in may?

Does anyone know how the fishing is in May in Tenn.I will be going on the 16th?.My wife and self are going to J. Pecry Preist Lake .Will they be spawning?....Any info would be great.And any certain bait?...just wondering thanks again Denny
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06, 07:23 PM   #2
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Should be a post spawn pattern for tenn. in may...ya may wanna brush up on throwing a 4-5 inch smoke grub for those smallies denny....
Ya get your new rod yet? I just got a new wort........and some beer lol
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06, 08:37 PM   #3
Denny_K

Default no

NO not yet..what's the hold up.....oh well.Post spawn really..hum,should be fun...oh and the beer to Smoke grub.I plan on throwing a lead jig with a craw for sure and the spinner dinner .The rock ledges just cascade downward like stair steps....oh and the Buzzbait,who
am I kidding I will be throwing everything I will target cove's
and points (shallow water) stumps, lay downs and mouth's of creeks.
Denny
Old 03-14-06, 09:45 PM   #4
fishin_dude

Post spawn sometimes in late May here in Tn, but if you go early enough in May it should still be pre-spawn. Last year the bass were bedding in April so hopefully it will be the same this year, but this winter was slightly warmer than last year here so you might be out of luck. But even if it is post spawn it doesn't matter cause Pecry Preist is a great lake to fish and I can almost guarantee you will catch fish somewhere on that lake. My favorite baits to throw on that particular body of water are spinnerbaits in bright colors, jerkbaits, and natural colored jigs. Good luck!
Old 03-14-06, 09:46 PM   #5
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

This is a annual trip for you isn't it? If so start keeping a log, and it should help with all the future trips. And tell the wife this is a "FISHING TRIP", yeah right LOL.

Lizards
Old 03-15-06, 05:20 AM   #6
Denny_K

Default Yes it looks that way

Yeah Liz,I think it is .keeping alog is a good idea.thanks will do.Fishing dude,Thanks for the respond also.I will keep what you said in mind.I was planning on the bright color pattern cause the color being clear and all.I will be def. throwing the x-rap (silver) that I picked up at Wally World.Plus I will talk to the campers and try to get a hold of fishing reports
via e-net.Thanks guys Denny

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.