Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-11, 01:40 AM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Who's your buddy?

My last thread took a slight turn to the left....which got me thinking (I know, not again). I really love this forum. There is more knowledge here than any magizine, show or forum out there. I truely enjoy the jousting between fellow members and the humor rarely escapes me.I tell anyone who will listen , to join. With the season approaching fast this is what I would like to know....

What two things did you learn from this forum this year that made you a better fisherman? Feel free to expand on this. You may have more than two, feel free to add them on.

Who do you feel brings the most to this forum that increases the FUN YOU HAVE fishing? This can be multiple people for multiple reasons. Again feel free to expand on this.

The people that bring me joy....You guys wouldn't know them thier not members here.... Just joking! I do have my list and I will post it but being pretty new I will wait.
Let's have some fun with this and I hope all members will post something, I don't care if you joined yesterday, someone or something brought you here. Thanks again for a great site and you know Kevin the creater is always going to be tops on my list. Kevin it would be great to hear from you on this post
Now for the official disclaimer.... This thread is not meant to hurt or bring ill will to anyone here and if you find this piece as problmatic just say so and we will delete and move on. This thread is corney (can you tell I'm from the mid-west) and is not for venting.

Ok, my two lessons....

Dropshoting or jigshoting (using jig as wieght) I always thought of this as a boating technique but you guys showed me differently and I will always be gratefull. I've already caught doubles twice and I'm just learning.

Jigging-- again I always thought of it as a boating technique untill you guys set me straight. And swim jigging, I grew up fishing with and against one of the pioneers of swim jigging (Monsoor) and yet it took you folks to convince me it was worth my time. I thank you again!
I've learned alot and I'm very happy to be able to talk with people who actually know what the great SPORT fishing is about and pursue it with a unique passion only true fishing folks know!
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-11, 04:47 AM   #2
Crankbait
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have learned many things from this forum. For me the best thing is a difference of opinion with almost any topic talked about……be it cranking, sideview imaging, lines used, or reel care. Pro reel and Tavery5 always correct me on my reel post. JK But I always know I will here from these two because they know so much. There are a bunch of guys to many to name who have given me advice
Crankbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-11, 12:14 PM   #3
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I've been a member here since 7/05 and I can honestly say there are so many folks in here that have added to my knowledge over the years I couldn't pick my top two. Obvioulsy, the owner of the site, Kevin ranks at the top because without him, this site wouldn't exist, and he has provided tons of good video, posts, mailings and so on. Of all the regular members, there is one who sadly is no longer with us who undoubtedly tought me more things about bass fishing than any others. Zooker was an old timer here who was a wealth of info and always very willing to share what he knew with others. I really miss not only what he had to share as far as fishing knowlege, but also his witt, his comradery, and his friendship. Plus his pictures of whats "cookin on the grill"! Outside of that, I have many good friends in here who all know their stuff and have made a differnce in my fishing and my life in many ways. I couldn't even begin to rank them. I'll just suffice in saying thankyou to all of you guys.
Old 11-07-11, 08:14 PM   #4
Jrob78

I've been here for a little over 2 years. I can't imagine my life without Bassfishin.com. I am here many times a day and this is the first place I go when I get online. The knowledge and the willingness to share is about a quarter of what makes this site so great. The members are the other three quarters. I come here for fishing info but mainly to see what my buddies are up to. I love the back and forth between people, the inside jokes and the general camaraderie. We all share a common interest in bass fishing and a love to talk about it. We do have an occasional blow up but for the most part, we don't need a moderator and we police ourselves quite well. Everyone gets along and treats each other with respect. I am proud to be part of such a great group of people. I'm not going to name names but I have made a good number of friends here, you guys know who you are and I appreciate each and every one of you. Also, Joedog, you are a great addition to this site and we are glad to have you.

So, I would have to say that swim jigging is the technique that I learned about here that has most positively influenced my fishing. Conversations with Tavery5 and ProReel in the chatroom are what first got me to try this technique. Tony had been fishing the swim jig for awhile and got me to try it. It has been a very productive technique for me and has quickly become a confidence bait.
Old 11-08-11, 01:10 AM   #5
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

I really haven't strayed too much from norm this year, because I have been on the same water all year and doing well.

As for the people here, it just doesn't get any better. I have met several people here over the years and made some good friendships. I have learned the majority of how to build rods through Pancake and JRob. I have learned MSBoy will hang you out to dry when mentioning spinning gear. But I wouldn't trade the good times for anything around here. There are tons of forums with vast information and have their place, but this one is my personal #1.
Old 11-08-11, 04:09 AM   #6
carolina-rig-01

I am sure that I have learned a lot of stuff from the site this year but honestly one thing has really helped me so much that it just overshadows the others, and that is the swim jig. Like Jrob I was around in the chat room when there was a lot of swim jig talk going on. Although I paid attention to it, I always considered swim jigs to be a technique that needed vegetation to work, and since we don't have any of that around here I never really gave it much thought. Until this past September when I found some fish while pre-fishing for a tournament that were starting to move up as the water cooled off. These fish were in text book spinnerbait areas but they literally were just starting to move up and were so skittish that spinnerbaits were spooking them. I spent the drive home from the lake trying to think of a way to get a shad type bait in front of them without spooking them. That's when I remembered that we have a few swim jig guys on here. Once I got home I started texting some of the boys from the site and with a little help from them I didn't learn all I needed to know about swim jigs but I did learn enough to get me on a good pattern the next day and win the tournament. From then on I have been working hard on my swim jig fishing and the more I learn the more I like it.

There are so many members on here that are important to me that I don't want to name anyone because I am affraid that I would leave someone out. I have a lot of friends that I met through the site and I have never been disappointed when I get to meet a member off the site in person. In my book everyone on here are good dudes.
Old 11-08-11, 08:52 PM   #7
bamabassman

i'm still thinking of how to make my response short enough to go here. but i can't. i have learned SO many things from this site. and the people? i can't write enough aobut the people here. i have said over and over how much i LOVE the people here......and yes even YOU bassboogieman and docirv,hahaha!! we are a crazy group of folks here. some are not with us by GOD'S hand, some have left us by their own choice for one reason or another. but sometimes they come back. we'll see them again i am sure.

see? not enough room here to explain it all. so i'll stop now.
Old 11-08-11, 11:22 PM   #8
Bassboss

You could write a book about this site and it's member's. I've come and gone from a few other forums in the past 5 or so years, but when I find this one (almost 3 years ago now), I knew it was a good one. For one, I learned from first hand experience (yall remember the good ol days right! ), that we don't need a Mob to always be looking over our shoulder, policing us to settle something. I've learned lots from this site, to much for me to remember it all at one time, but learning the ropes of fishing in the north is definitely on the top 5 list. While this site isn't really the place I come to learn about the newest thing in fishing (all though we all know our stuff, from chucking swimbaits, to catching dinks! ), it's the place were I come to visit my home away from home. While I've never gotten a chance to meet someone here, I feel like I've know them my whole life. I know I can come here when things get tough, and in times of plenty, and still feel like I'm with family. You guys have helped me through some tough times, taught me to never hang my head, and be proud of who I am.
I know I'm here to stay!
Old 11-09-11, 10:41 AM   #9
rrw4258

I have been a member of the forum since Feb. 2005 (I can't believe I am going on 7 years on the forum!) I joined the forum when I first started fishing all together, and the people here have helped me tremendously. This forum has a family like atmosphere to it, and I feel like every one of you guys are a part of my family. I have never experiened another forum where there is such a great respect between members. Everyone here is willing to help in any way they can. It makes me proud to be a Bassfishin.com member.

Ryan

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.