Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-09, 04:36 PM   #1
TRUMAN BASSER
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Beads....not just for your Carolina Rig...JIGS TOO!

Here is a tip for the angler who is on a budget. Being a full time student who's worked odd jobs most of his life I've had to come up with some creative solutions. When you want to add some type of rattle to your jig and you don't have any jig rattles or you can't afford them one of the next best things to do is add a bead in front of your jig before you tie it on. Yes the same ones or a larger one that you would use for a carolina rig. I like to add a red one to the front of the jig. When you hop the jig the bead is gonna hit the head on your jig and make some noise for sure. Use a plastic one because glass beads shatter and will nick up your line a lot more than just some plastic ones. Also don't get your beads in the tackle isle. Go to a craft store for these because you can get like 4 times as many beads for the same money. One last thing that this trick does is that the bead when the jig is on the fall will go up your line a little and it will look like the jig is chasing the bead. Bass are attracted to this because the jig looks like its preoccupied with getting the bead which looks like a small bug or baitfish in front of the jig. Next time your fishing a jig try this little tip it really works. Keep it reel.
TRUMAN BASSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 07:11 PM   #2
Mac2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thanks for posting....here's another bead trick.......get some red plastic beads that are elongated....say about a three quarter inch long....slide that up your line, tie on a worm hook and put on a seven inch worm. Color, Ive had good results with a red bead in front of a black culprit worm. I swim it slowly on top with occasional pauses....the bass bang the heck out of it at times. The bead serves as a head and the fish apparently read it as a snake.
Mac2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 07:40 PM   #3
cassidyta
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Good tip Truman.

I would say that craft stores offer a lot of possibilites. Like a lot of people, I use hard plastic containers that I put into a tackle bag. I have found that I can get these containers at the craft store for half the cost as in the fishing stores.
Old 01-05-09, 07:47 PM   #4
pig n jig

Hey Truman basser, Thanks for sharing the tip, I have a terrible time keeping rattles on a jig. Mac,That is interesting.Glass facet beads might give off more light reflections so they can't get a good look or it might appear larger due to the reflection ? P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 08:49 PM   #5
abu4600
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Thats a great tip. Ive used them in front of a slip sinker when fishing a texas rig but never on a jig, I will for sure give it a try .
abu4600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 09:01 PM   #6
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Heres another tip from yesteryear, try in the spring a brass sinker with a red bead, and follow with a zoom lizard...makes for some good action.
Around here the zoom lizard in chartruse and pepper is a great gravel pit lure , with the rattle a plus unless its super clear
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 09:09 PM   #7
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

HHHMMMMMMM very interesting gang. i like this....ALOT!!!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 09:27 PM   #8
woody

Thanks for sharing that tip Truman, perfect for one of the lakes I fish that has low visibility 2-3ft.
woody is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.