Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-05, 04:01 PM   #1
rrw4258
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Small Pond Fishing?

I fish a local small pond, its only bout 2 or 3 acres big, so not a lot of room, and i cannot fish from a boat. There are plenty of shallow weeds, and about a 200 feet or so long creek channel that runs into it, and it is lined with rocks for some of the way, and just grass in the other parts, deepest is bout 15 to 20 feet, what do you reccomend i throw? The water is somewhat murky from a mud bottom. This pond is in the city, but there are some nice hawgs in there, just the other day i caught a nice five pounder, on a baby -1, and a nice one on a worm in the spring time. Thanks.

Ryan

Git - R - Done
Old 09-26-05, 04:15 PM   #2
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Theres a pond in my town like that and i the last times i fished there before i knew about tikis i used kinami flash baits in white/chart. and red/shad and they were tearin em up my dad caught like two 6-7 lb bass out of there on those worms........
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-05, 04:59 PM   #3
Dyas

Send a message via AIM to Dyas

I caught an 8 pounder out of a pond like that on a trick worm. I would suggest maybe fishing a spook, buzzbait, or a frog around those weed beds in the morning or late in the afternoon. I would also suggest running a crankbait or spinner along side the weeds. I would also try fishing a worm weightless and throwing it on top of those weeds and pulling it off of them and let it sit for about 10 - 20 seconds and start your retreive. A Fluke or maybe a hard jerkbait may also be a good bet. Hope you catch em dude. Good luck.........
Old 09-26-05, 05:28 PM   #4
KH.

i have sucess with a small spinnerbait in small ponds,smaller the one you fish,try around that creek channel.it will be hard to find but try to a dropoff and fish the shallow part.those are starting to come to the shallows and feed.
Old 09-26-05, 05:31 PM   #5
Dyas

Yeah I have a good bit of luck on small spinners also. Considering I rarely ever use spinners it should be a good bet...............
Old 09-26-05, 07:47 PM   #6
Marty

I wouldn't rule out any lures. I do a lot of shore fishing, and while I'm not the epitome of huge success, I do throw almost every type of lure at one time or another. For example, topwaters during low light, soft plastics in dense vegetation, crankbaits where the cover permits, spinnerbaits when it's windy, etc., etc., etc.

You say the water is "somewhat murky." Depending on degree of murkiness, rattling crankbaits and Colorado spinnerbaits may be a good bet.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Rochester, NY
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-05, 06:47 PM   #7
KH.

tiki sticks ae good,i fish a lake just like your describing,except its about 25 acres.
the reason i use a tiki in the first place,is because that lakes is that grassiest lake i have ever fished.even a c-rig doesnt stand a chance,but with a tiki i can stick the point in the worm just enought so you cant feel the sharp point.buty little did i know that it was the best thing to fish in that lake
Old 09-27-05, 07:06 PM   #8
Dyas

This is a Zoom Horny Toad. You might want to give this a try. They are rigged weedless but have the same action of a buzzbait. You just reel em in. They can be reeled a little slower than a buzzbait to incase the fish want it slow. They have a little better floating ability that buzzbaits to lol. They come in many colors.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.