Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-09, 01:29 PM   #1
pinkbass
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to pinkbass
Default Redoing Eyes on Rods for 2010

OK I am looking into redoing my rods for 2010. I'm having a heck of a time finding the right color/type of rod. I found the right color but its a spinning rod, I need a casting rod. If I buy the rods is there a kit I can buy to re-do the eyes?
Old 12-21-09, 01:55 PM   #2
Jrob78
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Do you mean buying a new spinning rod and taking off all the guides and the reel seat and converting it into a casting rod? While I'm sure that "can" be done I don't think that's something that would be worth the time or the effort. You're best bet would be to look at some rod building suppliers websites and try to find the blank you are looking for. Take it to a custom rod builder or buy all the components to build it yourself. If you've never built a rod before do a google search and read as much as you can and get an idea of what it takes to build a rod.
Jrob78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-09, 09:06 AM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

I think it'd be more trouble than it's worth. Especially with a spinning reel seat. Under it, you'll most likely have graphite arbors that you've have to remove since it isn't tight to the blank like a casting seat.

From your name, I'm going to assume you want a pink rod. Correct me on this if I'm wrong. I normally don't recommend St. Croix rods, but they do have a new Avid Pearl series. I'd check those out. http://stcroixrods.com/product/avid-pearl

BB
Old 12-22-09, 11:28 AM   #4
Jrob78

Mudhole also has a line of blanks that they offer in pink and purple. It would still be up to you to get the rest of the rod assembled but that would be far easier than doing a re-do on an already put together rod.
http://www.mudhole.com/Shop-Our-Cata...ummer-Specials
Old 12-22-09, 02:13 PM   #5
pinkbass
BassFishin.Com Member

Gulity.... I am looking for pink rods. How come you don't normally recommend St.Croix? Aside from the price tag what i have read on them they seem to be decent rods.
Old 12-22-09, 02:42 PM   #6
Jrob78

I think I found exactly what you are looking for. American Rodsmiths makes great rods. These aren't too terribly expensive and probably a much better bet than trying to build your own.
http://www.americanrodsmiths.com/Pro...7/Default.aspx
Old 12-22-09, 04:00 PM   #7
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkbass View Post
Gulity.... I am looking for pink rods. How come you don't normally recommend St.Croix? Aside from the price tag what i have read on them they seem to be decent rods.
I guess I've just never been a big st. croix fan. Most of the people I talk to compare them to Loomis rods, and I'm always on the Loomis side of the argument. It's not that they're bad rods by any means, I've just never had an interest in them. I do have one of their new Mojo rods (which have a nice price tag than the Avids) and they are a black cherry color that's pretty cool.

BB
Old 12-30-09, 04:52 PM   #8
pinkbass
BassFishin.Com Member

Well after checking the web for pink rods, and talking to my husband and my bait monkey(who has alot to say about rods as well as baits) I think i am going to go with St.Croix, they make a very nice pink rod. Howe ever if i win the powerball i am SOOO going to this fellow... http://www.RedtailRods.com . He is amazing, and he can make a dream rod for any fisherman. I totally suggest checking him out of you want a custom rod.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.