Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-08, 07:28 PM   #1
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default the tapp lure..

you have heard me refure to them before. but here is what i have been able to dig up..bb144 heres why YOU found nothing on them..

these are oringinal tapps

this is what one of the "old" men at the candy factory told me..
from straight from skeeter's old pie hole..

i was introduced to it by Gerald Beck from NC...that was when Beck and David Wright were fishing team trails..in particular High Rock...the Tapp became a local (NC) legend because only a 'select" few had them...and they were 25.00 apiece...which twelve years ago for a crankbait was unheard of.....from what I understand...the flatside started with Tennesse Tuffy....created by Perry....OR the flatside started with TENNESSE KILLER....which Perry MIGHT have had something to do with...some how Steve Blazer got involved...Bill Morgan...(from Hawg Caller) (creating a similiar bait)..and legend has it that either Beck or Wright gave another NC angler the bait..(color golden shiner/ OR carp) before he won the Classic in AL..ie.Fritts...then Ed Chambers...who owns Zoom...of which Beck and Wright are BIG TIME staff members started to produce the WEC zoom baits..of which TAPP was one of them.....

there was so much BULL being told around that old oak stove in the back room i had to listen and wade at the same time..

zooker

Last edited by zooker; 12-13-08 at 07:34 PM.
zooker is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.