Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-08, 01:31 PM   #1
Mattern Guide Servic
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Mattern Guide Service on Sam Rayburn

Mattern Guide Service on Sam Rayburn

Hello Everybody,

PSALM 80: Verse 3; Turn us again, O God, and cause thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.

Well The Big Bass are in, after water temps are 58 degrees or higher. Some of the Bigger Bass in the double digits were in 3-6 feet. Colder air temps. brought the Lake water Temps. to 49-50 degrees and alot of those Big Bass moved into the thicker edges of Hydrilla and into deeper water haunts such as creek channels and off point cover.

Water temps are warming back up again right now till the next freeze. Now is one of the best times and February to catch that Biggest Bass.

Most 2-6 lbers with some Bigger Bass along with them are hitting lipless crankbaits. Reds and oranges as well as golds are some exceptional colors right now.

As far as plastics creature baits such as Nichols creatures or Phantom Tackles Stink Hog and Zoom brush hogs have been working well on Bigger Bass. Good colors are watermelons with blue or purple mixed in with the watermelons. Rigging them Texas rigged.

20 Bass a day are the average but if your after Bigger Bass the Darker colored Jigs are producing some real monsters. I like the Nichols Jig, It has a great hook that really holds on to those bigger fish.

One 12 lber. that came to the boat on 12-19 -07 proved that those Bigger Bass love those crawfish in which a Jig with a craw trailer represents so well. Sometime those Big Bass do not feel like chasing a lipless crankbait and will take a Jig moved slowly in their territory.

This looks like a great year for Bass fishing and CHECK OUT MY NEW WEB-SITE. You can find it at matternguideservice.fghp.com. It has all the water levels and more info on the 3 Lakes I guide on. As well as my rates and other info.

E-mail me for bookings and lets go get some of those Big Bass. Well God Bless and remember my great spomsors who make these great days on the water possible. Call me at 903-478-2633 or 903-724-1203

MY Sponsors:

NIchols Lures- 903-589-8100
Kistler Rods- 281-259-8033
Phantom Tackle- Phantomtackle.com
Fishing Guide
Home Page - FGHP.com
Date Added: 2008-01-07Type of Fishing: Bottom FishingCharter Service Name: Mattern Guide ServiceEmail Guide or Angler: donmat@earthlink.netWebsite URL: matterguideservice.fghp.comCaptains Name: Don Mattern Sr.Region You Fish: TexasBiz Phone: 903-478-2633
Mattern Guide Servic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-08, 04:43 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

that picture is awesome!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.