Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-10, 05:02 PM   #1
Backwater Charlie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Carrot Stix on sale at BPS!!

I know a lot of people will not buy Carrot Stix rods, as some people have had bad experiences.

Anyone that's been wanting to try one out or likes them and needs (hehe) another one they're on-sale at BPS! For $120... the originals i'm not for sure about the carrot stix gold.
Old 06-16-10, 05:12 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Just a warning, I've seen some cases where people have been having more breakage issues with the new ones.

Personally, I'd never buy one since it seems it is basically crap shoot whether you get one that breaks or not. It's also a crap shoot whether or not you get good service from e21. Those two things make for a bad combination IMO.

BB
Old 06-16-10, 05:43 PM   #3
WTL

And its not a crap shoot whether or not the carrotstik you buy will be a hideous orange color; its a certainty.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 05:53 PM   #4
nofearengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
And its not a crap shoot whether or not the carrotstik you buy will be a hideous orange color; its a certainty.

LOL

P (hideous orange)= 1

P.S. I wouldn't buy a Carrot Shtick even if it were capable of casting itself, simply because they tried the BS gimmick of using vegetable fiber to appear "green". I don't need the hippies invading my hobby more than they already have. Go bankrupt already, e21.
Old 06-16-10, 06:09 PM   #5
bassboogieman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Bryce, ya need a couple carrot sticks - blaze orange
Add a couple citrus sticks - blaze green
mix in a couble Abu vendettas - bright white.
My eyes hurt just thinking about that mix.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 06:21 PM   #6
WTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
LOL

P (hideous orange)= 1

P.S. I wouldn't buy a Carrot Shtick even if it were capable of casting itself, simply because they tried the BS gimmick of using vegetable fiber to appear "green". I don't need the hippies invading my hobby more than they already have. Go bankrupt already, e21.

Yeah what he said. My last rod build was made using poison and dead bunnies, and I carved the seat out of whale bone. Screw the hippies.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 06:27 PM   #7
nofearengineer

Quote:
Yeah what he said. My last rod build was made using poison and dead bunnies, and I carved the seat out of whale bone. Screw the hippies.
If you're really a purist, you can burn a baby seal to make the carbon for the rod blank.

No, you don't have to kill it, just 4 or 5 ounces of him. It'll be plenty. Besides, that's how you get the dried baby seal tears to incorporate into the epoxy.
Old 06-16-10, 06:32 PM   #8
Jim80

If you look around you can find them cheaper than that I got mine for $100.00 online well actually my wife got it for me .

Jim
Old 06-16-10, 08:18 PM   #9
BassFeverJohn
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofearengineer View Post
LOL

P (hideous orange)= 1

Is that why they put the carrot fibers in there? I thought it was just a strength thing. F@#%ing greenies drive me nuckin' futz!
Old 06-16-10, 09:19 PM   #10
BigBassin144

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassFeverJohn View Post
Is that why they put the carrot fibers in there? I thought it was just a strength thing. F@#%ing greenies drive me nuckin' futz!
I don't think it was a "Go Green" thing. I think they just wanted something different, which they got. However, the carrot fibers were a horrible failure, and the rods don't even contain them anymore. The first batch of carrot sticks was the worst for breakage and was made of carrot fibers. For the second batch, I believe they dropped the carrot fibers and adopted graphite although they claimed to still be using "nano-fibers." Then like I said above, I've heard of a lot of breakage issues with the newest batches. Not to mention their AWFUL customer service.

BB
Old 06-16-10, 09:25 PM   #11
TN_Bassin

http://www.carrotstix.com/catalog/e2...e_original.htm

As far as I can tell they still use the nano-fibers. And BTW the first batch of carrot stix wasnt the batch that had the breaking issues. As far as the customer service, they originally had it bad but now it's about the same as every other rod company. Pay a replacement fee and send the part of the rod that has the model numbers on it and you get a new rod. Or you can take it back to the original seller and get them to exchange it, within a year of purchase anyways.
Old 06-16-10, 10:30 PM   #12
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassboogieman View Post
Bryce, ya need a couple carrot sticks - blaze orange
Add a couple citrus sticks - blaze green
mix in a couble Abu vendettas - bright white.
My eyes hurt just thinking about that mix.
Vendettas are the black and red ones that are on the shelves now, veritas, when it is released is suppose to be the BMW white.
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 10:43 PM   #13
Tavery5

I like the carrot stix rods, I think they have their share of problems just like a lot of other rod makers have had. Dobyns had an issue with mfg he had lots of rods that were breaking, if you ask the pros around here, they will tell you they are junk. he moved his production from China to Korea hopefully problem solved. BPS new carbonlite appears to have problems, they are pulling them off the shelves. W&M rods, lots of people will tell you they have problems with the reel seats.

I say all this for one reason, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if you listen to everyones personal opinion and never actually try anything for yourself you are going to miss out on allot. Oh and the comment about they only put the nano fibers in the rod to appear green, may be one of the silliest things I have heard on here in quite a while(my opinion) .
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 10:45 PM   #14
lilmule

Well I only gave 100 for mine and wouldnt buy another,yes it broke ,after several months they said pay them so much money and its replaced or take it to a carrot stix dealer.I took it to the dealer who said Yea I bet they said that.repaired locally(sleeved) as was cheaper than what they wanted plus shipping and its a decent rod now.
Ps mine broke on a power cast with a gsplash,not on a hookset.
It was the changes made after the initial batch that altered the rod so it would break,and their pro left them as a result,yes go bankrupt.
I dont however hate that hideous orange.
lilmule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 01:25 PM   #15
geezer1

I try not to fish with rabbit food.
geezer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-10, 10:35 PM   #16
rangerryan

Quote:
Thats the funniest thing ive heard on here. ive been laughing for 10 minutes
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.