Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-28-12, 10:39 AM   #1
bassfisher
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Careful when selling your boat

Okay here was the deal (Or so I thought) when I sold my 94 Tracker Magna V17 DC with a 95, 115 mariner motor, and a 04 hustler galvanize trailer. The deal was that the new owner was going to pay the taxes.
I had already got the trailer tax notice in the mail, but hadn't gotten the boat tax notice yet. So we went down to the courthouse, and we signed all the documents, I handed him the trailer tax notice, and walked away, thinking all he had left to do was pay the taxes on the trailer 2.49 and boat 29.06. (that was last month) Well about a week ago I get another trailer tax notice which was typed in RED ink, saying the taxes were passed due, and I also had gotten the boat tax notice in the mail. Fast forward to today, I go down to pay my boat/trailer taxes for the 02 Tracker Avalanche. (and something just told me to take the other boat/trailer tax notices with me, to make sure everything was okay) Low and behold they say that he did not pay the taxes. Well of course I had to pay them. It wasn't really about the $32 as much, as it was that we had made the deal that he would pay the taxes. So I guess this little tale is more about sticking around till ALL the paper work is finished and money paid out as the deal was agreed upon.
bassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.