Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-06, 02:46 PM   #1
RiderGex333

Post cheap mototrcyle helmet

I interest buy cheap mototrcycle helmet, I found over here sme pages where is real cheap:

NOTE FROM ADMIN: This username is a spambot. Alert me if you see any future posts by someone posting a lot of links. This happens to a lot of forums every now and then. Thanks

Kevin
Old 05-05-06, 03:45 PM   #2
flbassman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Hey buddy, welcome to the site. This is a bass forum, and we mainly talk fishing, but we have some bikers on here that may be interested.
Old 05-05-06, 05:04 PM   #3
boater
BassFishin.Com Active Member

motor cycle helmets are a bass boat item I just got 2 if you have never tried on at take off early spring or fall or on a rainny day you do not know what you are missing they really help
boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-06, 06:31 PM   #4
bass kicker

any one use the fish hedz masks i just asked my friend for one of his paintball masks (they are the exact same thing just cheaper)
Old 05-05-06, 06:35 PM   #5
boater

They did a poll on fastbass.com and helmets were prefered about 2 to 1
Old 05-06-06, 06:11 AM   #6
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by boater
They did a poll on fastbass.com and helmets were prefered about 2 to 1
Hey buddy by any chance do you know where a person can obtain a cheap helmet for the same reason you use them. Looked everywhere around here and all they have are the high end full face versions. Way to much money for something I dont use everyday. Ive tried garage sales and all but no luck. If ya know of a online source that would be great.
Old 05-06-06, 08:21 AM   #7
boater

I got one of mine out of the bargain box in the news paper 40 dollars and one on ebay nice one like new 45 dollars.
Old 05-06-06, 03:51 PM   #8
Jackl

LASER,
What size do you need? I have a gold full face shield helmet in size Medium.

JackL
Old 05-06-06, 06:50 PM   #9
lovinfishin9
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to lovinfishin9

the fish hedz are awesome, i used one today in my tourney, i really suggest getting one. Theyre only like $70-80 i think. They make a big difference.
Old 05-07-06, 06:49 AM   #10
bassdreamer
BassFishin.Com Member

1fastlaser i work for the solid waste dept for the city ,if i find one on my route ,i will give you a yellll.they are a dime a dozan this time of year.full or half face shield?
bassdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-06, 06:51 AM   #11
1FASTLASER

Doesnt matter bud. Has your package arrived yet. Sent it out last monday?? Lemme know.
Old 05-07-06, 06:54 AM   #12
bassdreamer
BassFishin.Com Member

not yet laser ,can't wait ,
bassdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-06, 06:50 PM   #13
flbassman

Thanks for telling me, I didn't know. My boat goes 20 (if it wants to) , so a helmet has never occured to me.
Old 05-08-06, 06:25 AM   #14
1FASTLASER

On some of the runs I make and the conditions you have to have some type of protection. A junebug at 60mph plus feels like a brick.
Old 05-08-06, 08:10 PM   #15
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Check a PAWN shop.

Lizards
Old 05-08-06, 11:32 PM   #16
flfireman

Keep your mouth open, that way you can skip lunch or breakfast. A junebug at 60mph?? Is that considered fast food???
Old 05-09-06, 05:20 AM   #17
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by flfireman
Keep your mouth open, that way you can skip lunch or breakfast. A junebug at 60mph?? Is that considered fast food???
Wel to say the least...... it is FORCE FEED. Been looking in ALL the pawn shops around here. Seems like helmets have fallen off the face of the earth except fot the ones that cost an arm and leg. If I dont find one soon gonna have to bite the bullet and by one of them damn high end ones.
Old 05-09-06, 08:16 AM   #18
HOG Ranger

You almost need to try a helmet on before buying. Most stores have a no return policy on helmets as well.

I ride a Harley and wear a half or 3/4 helmet on the streets but I see most guys on the lake with a full helmet on. Some of the newer full face helmets allow the lower chin protection area to be raised so they are much easier to get on and off.

Pay the extra money and get a good helmet that fits properly.
HOG Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-06, 09:14 AM   #19
boater

ebay check em out 39 to 200 dollar type in full face helmet and hang on to your chair
Old 05-09-06, 06:12 PM   #20
zooker

hey i have a beenie that i wear when i ride my bike. but in truth knats at 60 are like bb's being shot at you..
zooker
Old 05-10-06, 11:30 AM   #21
bass kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinfishin9
the fish hedz are awesome, i used one today in my tourney, i really suggest getting one. Theyre only like $70-80 i think. They make a big difference.
it is the exact same thing as a paint ball mask except the fish hedz cost like 50 dollars more

the wind against my face doesnt bother me its the bugs in the eyes so were a ski googles
Old 11-21-06, 11:21 PM   #22
TheBossT127
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Fish Hedz vs. helmets/paintball masks

While some may look at the price of a Fish Hedz/Save Phace SUM (sport utility mask) and consider it to be a hefty price to pay vs. a paintball mask or motorcycle helmet, let me offer up a few differences: First, a full face motorcycle helmet is overkill for what we do with a bass boat. They are heavy, cumbersome, and they take up more room on your boat. Secondly, a paintball mask does not do the same as a SUM. The interchangeable lenses on a Fish Hedz come in clear, amber, and smoke tints. They are made from military grade plastic and are guaranteed not to fog down to a temperature of 10 degrees. Unlike motorcycle helmets, Save Phace SUM's are one-size-fits-all protection. You are sheilded from wind, rain, ice, and bugs while flying down the water, and if you spend any time riding off-road vehicles such as dirt bikes or ATV's, they will also protect you from dirt, mud, sand and tree branches. The company offers an excellent warranty program. These masks are tough!! On the way to my first fishing trip in '06, my mask blew out of my boat while going 70 on the highway, hit the road, bounced and hit the grille of a car trailing me and landed in the median. I circled around and found it...scratched up but with only one small crack that I epoxied and it is as strong as ever. Something I've learned along the way...price isn't everything. Try out the original.
Old 11-22-06, 10:38 PM   #23
WTL

Quote:
I interest buy cheap mototrcycle helmet, I found over here sme pages where is real cheap:

NOTE FROM ADMIN: This username is a spambot. Alert me if you see any future posts by someone posting a lot of links. This happens to a lot of forums every now and then. Thanks

Kevin

Dude, I GET IT!!! Its Borat!
Old 11-23-06, 08:23 AM   #24
1FASTLASER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBossT127 View Post
While some may look at the price of a Fish Hedz/Save Phace SUM (sport utility mask) and consider it to be a hefty price to pay vs. a paintball mask or motorcycle helmet, let me offer up a few differences: First, a full face motorcycle helmet is overkill for what we do with a bass boat. They are heavy, cumbersome, and they take up more room on your boat. Secondly, a paintball mask does not do the same as a SUM. The interchangeable lenses on a Fish Hedz come in clear, amber, and smoke tints. They are made from military grade plastic and are guaranteed not to fog down to a temperature of 10 degrees. Unlike motorcycle helmets, Save Phace SUM's are one-size-fits-all protection. You are sheilded from wind, rain, ice, and bugs while flying down the water, and if you spend any time riding off-road vehicles such as dirt bikes or ATV's, they will also protect you from dirt, mud, sand and tree branches. The company offers an excellent warranty program. These masks are tough!! On the way to my first fishing trip in '06, my mask blew out of my boat while going 70 on the highway, hit the road, bounced and hit the grille of a car trailing me and landed in the median. I circled around and found it...scratched up but with only one small crack that I epoxied and it is as strong as ever. Something I've learned along the way...price isn't everything. Try out the original.
The helmet in my case setves a 2 fold purpose and does it well. Not only do I use them in increment weather but when I run some boats. Some of the boats I pilot are capable of running up to and including triple digits. The fish headz are a good idea and a great product but one thing they dont do is protect you in case of a mishap. Getting the dry side wet (flipping the boat at speeds) is nothing to take lightly and a fish headz or similar product doesnt give you the protection a helmet does. I agree that a boating accident doesnt happen everyday and you normally dont think it will happen to you but trust me the faster you go the more of a chance it will happen. The main thing to remeber is that it can happen to ANYONE at ANY time. Less likely to get hurt at slower speeds but think about this .......you and your buddy clipping along at say 50 and a steer cable breaks or you hit a slightly submerged log. It aint pretty and from experience at 65 plus IT HURTS!!!!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.