Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-10, 10:47 PM   #1
CMorg
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Looking 4 Trolling Motor RAM

I was watching PAA on tv the other day and noticed a pro had this metal rod that connected to his trolling motor , when stored it sat on the deck to hold up the motor weight. Anyone got any idea's on who makes it ?
CMorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-10, 01:17 AM   #2
Bender
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I've seen regular RAM mounts used but this one looks pretty slick: http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/RMC_T...e-TRLOKML.html

I have half of my project done on mine. I put a locking strap up towards the head as far as I could to hold it down. Now I just need to get a piece of plastic rod to go down to the deck for support. I'll bolt the rod to the metal back plate of the TM and stick a chair leg rubber bumper on the end of that. I should have it all done for about $20.

One tip is that if you are running rough water you should raise your TM before stowing it. On MKs when it is set low, as it usually is in rough water, the motor part will rest on the curved part of the support. When you are driving it bounces on this curved part and tries to pull apart the shaft. It eventually will work that bearing so hard that you will get slop in between the part of the shaft that turns and the part that doesn't. I'll get some pics of this if I ever get home.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.