Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-08, 12:45 PM   #1
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Tired of Obama!

At first, I have to admit I was intrigued by his speeches. He is afterall a gifted and talented showman, but lately I'm just annoyed. I haven't been that crazy about McCain either, but he has made a very clever move getting Sarah Palin as his Vice. After watching some of the most recent footage of McCain, Obama & Palin...I can only relate to one of them..Palin... love the fact she is an outdoors(person) (gotta be politcally correct!) The last time I watched Obama I felt like someone was talking at me trying to tell me how great he was and how bad of an American I am.

McCain isn't much better, he repeats things over & over, his speeches are mundane and full of general ideals. He's been in the senate for 2 decades and he really hasn't been part of any positive changes. However, I gotta give to the guy for serving his country and paying for it big time(5 long years in a prison camp) but not sure that entitles you to the presidency of the US

We don't know much aobut Palin, which is the part I'm beginning to love the most....rumor has it that Obama fired some of his entourage in order to hire up to 30 attorneys in Alaska to dig up dirt on Palin....and I honestly think the only reason he's doing it is because she's stealing his thunder...she's like a freakin' celebrity..
Old 09-12-08, 02:53 PM   #2
jmartin
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Being a Conservative I wasnt to cracked on McCain or some of his views, but since the announcment of his running mate (Palin) I have gotten really excited about the upcoming election. I think she is very Conservative and thats what we need.

BTW.... I would have still voted for McCain regardless of running Mate.
jmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 03:30 PM   #3
tnfisherman

obama is a musilism i dont vote dem.
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 03:30 PM   #4
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Jason, I pretty much agree with everything you said. We have some interesting stories and personalities to vote for this year, but the choice is still fairly poor.
Old 09-12-08, 03:47 PM   #5
lowrider

musilism ?? is that a new word that fox news has started using?

i agree with y'all on the "tired of obama" i was never going to vote for him and i think my demographic basically feels the same way. (over 30, white, southern, working class male) i am, however, scared of the under 30 crowd. they will be out voting as never before and it may make a difference.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 03:57 PM   #6
jasonfish320

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post

i agree with y'all on the "tired of obama" i was never going to vote for him and i think my demographic basically feels the same way. (over 30, white, southern, working class male) i am, however, scared of the under 30 crowd. they will be out voting as never before and it may make a difference.
I'm part of that under 30 crowd, and you're right on the money! A lot of my friends are so brain-washed by the media and liberalism that they have lost touch with reality. I'm so sick and tired of hearing how I deserve this, and I deserve that...well get off your azz and get it...what's with this entitlement crap...you aren't entitled to anything....It's the freakin' pursuit of happiness...it's not a handout!!!
Old 09-12-08, 05:03 PM   #7
jmartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post

You think? Because when it comes down to it I think 95 percent of lazy @ss college kids will be hungover and still in bed when it comes down to it.
jmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 06:08 PM   #8
Fishbear

Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbear

I have done some reading lately of the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Federalist Papers, written by our founding fathers.....

You know,as hard as I look, I can find no where that you are entitled to government healthcare, government funded housing, or even the right to own a car or house.......

Thomas Jefferson said, and this is not a direct quote....

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also big enough to take everything away.
Old 09-12-08, 06:19 PM   #9
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Fishbear, it says explicitly in Federalist 13 that the free cars and health care idea will only work after they take away our guns....

Also, if you read Locke's second Treatise you will see very clearly that he finds that men are garanteed a free lunch through means of a social contract which also dictates that the top %1 percent of earners give back 75% of their income for the good of the people.

Of course, I am being pretty ****ing sarcastic here. I looked for a smiley which would show just how ****ing incredibly sarcastic I am regarding the federalist papers and 2nd treatise, but none such exists, so I am just gonna say it. Man I am sarcastic. Really ****ing sarcastic.

Last edited by WTL; 09-12-08 at 06:24 PM.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 06:21 PM   #10
Fishbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Fishbear, it says explicitly in Federalist 13 that the free cars and health care idea will only work after they take away our guns....

ummmmmmmmmmm not gonna happen in my lifetime!!!!!
Old 09-12-08, 09:10 PM   #11
tnfisherman

what guns i dont have any sold all them at the flea market last weekend need gas money
Old 09-12-08, 10:20 PM   #12
robertmee

I'm no conspiracy theorist, but if this thing ever got legs, what a mess it would be:

http://www.obamacrimes.com/index.php...uit-info-sheet

While it may border on wishful thinking, I'm amazed that it hasn't been at least marginally discussed on media TV. They made a big deal about McCain being born in Panama, so where's equal time?
robertmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 11:11 PM   #13
Sluggo Man

I don't really like Obama or McCain. Then again, I'm a libertarian myself
Sluggo Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 11:45 PM   #14
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Not really happy about any of the choices. But in order to get the lesser of two evils I will go with McCain. I like the maverick image he had, lately I feel he has waivered a little to please the republican party. Palin, she's hot and smart. Seriously, I heard her speak and watched her interviews. I like her, she seems to be in touch with reality. It's just a bonus she hunt's, fishes, rides 4 wheelers. My kind of woman.
Obama, he scares the SH$$ out of me. I listen, I even truthfully gave him the benefit of doubt. I don't trust him, Im afraid what he will try to do to the country. Watching him on TV over and over just solidifies my current view on him. I feel this country will be at an all time low if he wins and who know's how long it will take to recuperate.
Old 09-13-08, 08:17 AM   #15
Jim80

My main problem with Obama is most of his political promises made on the campain trail have been said to be jargin by his aids and just him playing the game so to speak and lets not forget the muslim minister who has been his friend and spiritual guidence for the last 20 years , in my eyes we have a terrible choice for canidates but I will vote for MCcain. I also do not think the bad press that Palin has gotten about her daughter will be enough to swing the vote for Obama and I think most of the votes he get will be because he is black and not because he is the better canidate but if he does get elected how great would it be to be able to tell a black man he sucks at his job without being labeled racist ..

Jim
Old 09-13-08, 03:45 PM   #16
flbassman

I like Obama. I know, I said it

I am a working class, young white male, and I am very conservative. But despite 8 republican years of government, abortion is still legal, and gays are gettin married for the first time in U.S. history. And we've got a war we can't end, 4.00 gas, crappy job market, and more foreclosures than ever before. I like Obama's ideas about cutting taxes for the workin man, and taking up the slack with windfall taxes on big companies. Right now, I'm 17 years old, and I can't find enough hours a week to pay my insurance, help out a little for the family, and put gas in my truck. I ain't too good for any type of work, there's just no work available. I've got two jobs, on a farm and in a restaruant, and I can only get about 12 total hours a week. I've applied at McDonalds, supermarkets, jiffy lubes, and everybody is totally dead. So watching my own economic interests, I'm pullin for the democrats this year. The McCain and Bush families have more money than they know what to do with, and they have no idea what its like to be a middle class American. Obama grew up in rough neighborhoods, with a single mother, so at least he knows what it's like to struggle.

As for gun control, A-Obama doesn't support anything except limits on assualt rifles (I'm an NRA member, but I still don't think everybody, including felons and lunatics, should be able to buy an ak47 with a banana clip over the counter......)
and B- nobody is gettin my guns. End of story. I have a constitutional right to own a gun, and I won't give that up.
Old 09-13-08, 03:52 PM   #17
buddy_fuentes
BassFishin.Com Member

I am very conservative and feel that Government is too big. In my opinion, you need to work for everything you get and if you make more than me...you should be able to keep it. I pay for my insurance (health, house, cars, boats, and others) and I don't think I should pay for yours or you should pay for mine. A flat tax sounds fine to me, but it will never happen.

I have no choice but to vote Republican. There is no way that I can vote for a man that refuses to pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States and removes flags from his airplanes. I always vote for the person not the party, but lately the Democrats have gotten so liberal and partisan that I may never vote for another Democrat.

I think most of the young people of our country are smarter than given credit for. I think they see through Obama and realize how hollow he really is.

That is just my opinion. I know opinions are like noses...most people have at least one.

Buddy
Old 09-13-08, 04:16 PM   #18
buddy_fuentes
BassFishin.Com Member

flbassman

The President of the United States has no power to do anything without the help of Congress and with a DEMOCRATIC Congress, his hands are tied. Did you notice a big change in things after a Democratic Congress was elected. You sure did. Granted President Bush has made some poor decisions (in my mind) but many times he has tried to appease the squeaking wheel, not the silent majority. (offshore drilling...did the Speaker of the House Nancy Peloski stop the vote? Hmm, is she a Democrat? You bet!)

If Obama puts large taxes on large corporations then they will lose moneys to spend on growth and that reduces employment. And where is the line to see who is the "big corporations"? Is my company close to being a large corporation? Maybe I should slack up on production to keep from crossing that line and being taxed more.

I know you are young, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion, however, America was built on freedom. If I have to pay for your school because you cannot or will not (spending your money on partying and fishing) afford it...I am not free. Believe it or not, some folks worked several jobs and many hours each week to get their education. Life is hard and if you work for what you have you will appreciate it more.

Enough politics...lets catch some Bass!

As for guns, I shoot competitivly (United States Practical Shooters Association {USPSA} and Internatinal Defensive Pistol Association {IDPA}. I shoot from 300 to 1,000 round of pistol each week and shoot at least one match a week and as many as four. Obama doesn't feel we need firearms. Read some of his books and see the true side of the man and his wife.

Buddy

Last edited by buddy_fuentes; 09-13-08 at 04:27 PM. Reason: spelling
buddy_fuentes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-08, 04:29 PM   #19
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbassman View Post

I am a working class, young white male, and I am very conservative. But despite 8 republican years of government, abortion is still legal, and gays are gettin married for the first time in U.S. history. And we've got a war we can't end, 4.00 gas, crappy job market, and more foreclosures than ever before. I like Obama's ideas about cutting taxes for the workin man, and taking up the slack with windfall taxes on big companies. Right now, I'm 17 years old, and I can't find enough hours a week to pay my insurance, help out a little for the family, and put gas in my truck. I ain't too good for any type of work, there's just no work available. I've got two jobs, on a farm and in a restaruant, and I can only get about 12 total hours a week. I've applied at McDonalds, supermarkets, jiffy lubes, and everybody is totally dead. So watching my own economic interests, I'm pullin for the democrats this year. The McCain and Bush families have more money than they know what to do with, and they have no idea what its like to be a middle class American. Obama grew up in rough neighborhoods, with a single mother, so at least he knows what it's like to struggle.

As for gun control, A-Obama doesn't support anything except limits on assualt rifles (I'm an NRA member, but I still don't think everybody, including felons and lunatics, should be able to buy an ak47 with a banana clip over the counter......)
and B- nobody is gettin my guns. End of story. I have a constitutional right to own a gun, and I won't give that up.
One of Obama's aids was quoted as saying that his plans were all campain jargin and he had no intension of following through on any of them . Obama is the worse of two evils beyond any shadow of a doubt and think what it would be like to have your president given his address to the nation with a 40oz of Steel Reserve in his hand .

Jim
Old 09-13-08, 04:46 PM   #20
Bo Dale James Jr.

flbassman wrote:

"Obama grew up in rough neighborhoods, with a single mother, so at least he knows what it's like to struggle. "

Obama grew up in Hawaii, went to private school, and lived with his grand parents. His grandmother (white) was VP of a bank!
He has never struggled , he went to frickin' Harvard!!!

He made something like 402 million dollars last year from his parsed biographies (2 books).
How many bios do you need?
Read The Obama Nation by Jerome R. Corsi PHD

Check out Obama's brother in Nairobi who lives on 1.00 a year...But Obama says "We are our brother's keeper".
If he won't help his own brother he won't help you.

Also taxing people who make 250K plus a year equals many small businessmen who file taxes on their companies in their own name.
I have been there and believe me you are not rich when you figure in social security, overhead, salaries, risk, insurance, etc etc etc....

Besides that people who do make high salaries are the people who take risks and create businesses and jobs.

Last edited by Bo Dale James Jr.; 09-13-08 at 04:56 PM.
Bo Dale James Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-08, 05:04 PM   #21
barkelypup

I tell you what is amazing about this election. A gun totting, moose hunting, child bearing, hockey mom, barrauda pit bull govenor from Alaska of all places has made b.o. not know wheather to poop or go blind. Gov. Palin could be the most brilliant political move in my 32 years. b.o. promises all these Government handouts but the only way he can possibly achieve them is by raising taxes on the main tax base. The middle class. Obama says he is going to get us off oil. Won't allow for no new drilling but I've yet to have a wind powered or an electric car pass me on the way to work every day. flbassfisherman the supreme court is really the only people who have the right to overturn roe vs. wade. Then it would be a decision of each individual state. I for one would like to see it go on a ballet and let the people decide. Do you think b.o. will nominate conservative judges who will over turn this. I don't. I think but I may be wrong but at least 3 of the Judges that set on that bench are getting up in years. I for one don't want obama putting in someone who is more liberal. If he does Gays marriage will almost surely go nation wide. When I was your age Bill Clinton was Pres. I could have cared less who was president but now that I am out in the real world working for not only insurance but feeding my family I know the values of needing a conservative pres. b.o. has too many shady type unanswered relations in his past. I don't trust him. I'm just glad you can't vote this election being in the battle ground state of Florida. Hopefully in 4 years you will see what people on this board and most around the country are talking about. Ohh I almost forgot one thing. If taxes are raised on big coorperations the only thing that will happen is jobs will be lost because of the loss of revenue and prices will go up. These big companies that the Main stream media has villified provide us with the life blood that makes this country run. I for one don't blame them but our own foolish selves who have elected politicians that have prevented us from drilling domesticly

Take care and God Bless

bP
barkelypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-08, 05:26 PM   #22
1/4 stick

I'm going with George Carlin's view on the election. He nailed it on the head in my opinion. (beware, strong language) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u6lCBnRoHQ
1/4 stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-08, 05:40 PM   #23
Fishbear

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbassman View Post

Flbassman, have you never heard that businesses and corporations do not pay taxes. They just raise the price YOU and I pay to make up for it. So do not complain when a gallon of milk is 8.00, or the soft drink you love is 2.50 a can, or that new fishing pole is 900.00. You will just be paying that companies taxes for them. The only way Obama can make anything happen that he is promising is a HUGE tax increase on the working class of America. 10% of the American population already pay 75% of the taxes. Do you think they are going to let the government have more???? NO, they will put it all away in tax free shelters, so that there is LESS MONEY in the sytem. The rich, whether you like it or not, make sure this country continues to run.... I do not know about anyone else, but I have never worked for a poor man. They just do not have enough money for them and me both.

As far as gun control, remember, Obama is being supported by the radical left wing of the democratic party. They would rather the UN be running our country and everyone elses country in a One World Government... However, until they disarm Americans, like they did the Aussies.... They can not accomplish their goals. You think Obama won't come after your guns?????? Think again.

Bush may not have done a lot of things right, but by God, he has kept us safe since 9/11. Have we been fighting a war? Yes, but to quit now, will invite more attacks like the ones that happened that awful day... You want to take that chance with your wife? Baby? Mother? Father? To say good bye one morning and have them blown up by some radical muslim terrorist????? Because we did not finish this war on terror????

Obama said of gas prices, I think they went up to fast, but the price needs to be higher, to FORCE Americans to alternatives... Now, I do not know about you, but I drive 30 miles ea. way to work. What alternatives are available to me? Horse and buggy? Bicycle??

sorry for getting on my soapbox, but I feel it is wrong to say you are conservative, but want Obama as President... That is wrong on so many levels.
Old 09-13-08, 06:19 PM   #24
tnfisherman

i agree with fishber we will rember you when the taxes on every are so high that you cant buy anything ,,,,,obama really struggle yea he couldnt make up his mind if he wanted to use the 50 or 100 as toilet paper ,,,,,,,,

do you even know the term for "assualt" rifle or where it come from,,,,,,,,, and thats not all -he is for ---he is for the ban on all pistol sales,carry permit,,semi-auto guns,,,,,,

a felon cant buy a gun any where they do background cheeks,,the felons dont buy guns legal any ways they get them off a guy off the corner.. the gun laws dont have a thing to do with them,like i said they dont buy them legal anyways,, all the gun laws will be doing is keping good citizens from buying them

Last edited by tnfisherman; 09-13-08 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-13-08, 08:07 PM   #25
rangerryan

im under 30 and im not going to vote for that kind of person. and if osama im mean obama would get a grip on reality i might be able to stand to listen to the guy. and im also an oil man and a conservationist and im willing to sacrifice a little tundra for some oil. his tax cuts are rediculous and unrealistic. if you want to see some real turmoil in our country just vote obama. and another thing id like to add is......... everyone accusing to oil companies for not producing enough energy is stupid. first of all they are oil companies not alternative fuel companies that would be like asking Sam's to sell bass boats wholesale. second, if the government would quit worrying about tax cuts for the poor, and use those taxes as incentives for oil exploration the price of oil would not have to be as high as it is [even though i like it
(job security lol)] and third, if they would let us explore other areas we would not need alternative fuels because there is plenty of oil in those protected areas. and if youre wonder if the drilling companies would ruin the habitat of a deer it wont because my favorite deer stand is right next to an oil well that is going up and down.

thanks for letting me get that out.
ryan

Last edited by rangerryan; 09-13-08 at 08:28 PM.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.