Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-08, 03:05 PM   #51
tnfisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

i will defend my guns and my religilon so i guess i cinge to them then,,, yea he is a musilem,the only reason he dont show that he is musilem much is b/c people wouldnt vote for him ,,,,,he says he gos to a basiptism church but have you seen it they hate american,,,,,
tnfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 04:21 PM   #52
doc
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnfisherman View Post
i will defend my guns and my religilon so i guess i cinge to them then,,, yea he is a musilem,the only reason he dont show that he is musilem much is b/c people wouldnt vote for him ,,,,,he says he gos to a basiptism church but have you seen it they hate american,,,,,

When you make a post take the extra time to click that abc check box in the upper right hand corner of the reply box. That paragraph hurt my head.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 04:34 PM   #53
Jim80

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Your mistaken, sadly things started going south when George W took office. I will re state my opinion on Obama since I just smashed George W. I dont like Obama will not vote for him, but George jr got us into this pickle not the dems in congress since 06

Our current economy is Clintons fault , Freetrade and others things were his doing which lead to most of the problems we are having , this is not my opinion it is a fact .

Jim
Old 09-16-08, 04:37 PM   #54
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim80 View Post
Our current economy is Clintons fault , Freetrade and others things were his doing which lead to most of the problems we are having , this is not my opinion it is a fact .

Jim
Free trade was a good Idea, untill companies loopholed it like everything else to get .14c an hour sweatshop workers to make baby gap jeans.
Old 09-16-08, 04:41 PM   #55
Jim80

Don't forget how many manufacturing jobs were lost to china , and Clinton is also the one that opened the door for stock traders to speculate on the price of oil .

Jim
Old 09-16-08, 04:44 PM   #56
Jim80

Also along the lines of manufacturing jobs going to china , their oil comsumption has gone through the roof with the boom of manufacturing jobs in turn creating a larger demand for crude oil which has also helped to drive the price we pay up , gotta love free trade .

Jim
Old 09-16-08, 04:50 PM   #57
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Jim80, let's not forget ENRON!! The Enron crisis began during the Clinton administration and was a direct result of allowing energy speculations
Old 09-16-08, 05:48 PM   #58
cassidyta

I have been reading this thread for a while and had vowed to keep myself quiet. The whole better to keep my mouth shut and be thought a fool concept.

This is not meant to be an endorsement nor campaigning for any candidate.

That being said, the free market to China thing began long before Bush or Clinton. The first attempts to begin trade with China were done by Nixon. He made the first presidential visit in 1972 and was a crucial part of the economic environment even after he left office.

The national debt has climbed every year since 1940. There is no "party" that isn't to blame for this. We have seen the effects on this with either party as president or ruling congress.

On gas prices, I know that I am not the only person here who remembers the crisis in the 70's or the housing crisis in the 80's. This is a cycle of events that will repeat themselves again and again. The exact causes may be different, but the results remain the same.

As far as the war goes. Our men and women who join the armed services do so knowing that it means being sent to locations and getting shot at. I have stood in many locations where I never imagined myself being. (Somalia, Iraq, and Afghanistan to name a few) I did not want to leave a family behind, but it was what I was paid to do. What I had volunteered to do. The only thing that concerned me was when I did not have a clear objective for being there. If we choose to stay, then let them be there to WIN! A stalemate might work in chess, but it serves no value in war.
Another thing on that topic. There will never be peace in that region. This has been a war zone for thousands of years and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Enron is no different than worldcom, adelphia, and even tyco. All of these companies did the exact same things at the same times.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarbanes-Oxley_Act

I do want to say that I appreciate everyone's ability to maintain themselves on this topic. It is almost humorus that more feelings were getting hurt in the college football posts than in the presidential candidate one.
Old 09-16-08, 09:31 PM   #59
lowrider

i agree C, no better way to blow up a board than to start talking politics, religon, or who's your favorite nascar driver.

btw. go car 18 !!
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-08, 10:25 PM   #60
flbassman

Like I said earlier, I find Obama to be the lesser of two evils. If I had it my way, we'd abolish welfare "If a man does not work, he shall not eat", and provide government jobs like Roosevelt did. I'm sick of a havin a big government tell me what I can and can't do. I like to ride around without a seatbelt, and I like to keep my paycheck instead of passin it off so Shaniqua can buy crack for her babydaddy. But the economy has had the piss beat out of it in the last few years. I realize that is not all Bush's fault, but how has he helped? Are you better off than you were 8 years ago? I'm also plum fed up with all the political correctness. Obama said "lipstick on a pig!" Oh my, I'll bet Sarah Palin hasn't even come out of her bedroom due to her grief and embarassment. Everybody needs to lighten the heck up. If I want to use a racial slur, I have a first amendment right to do so. I'm gonna come right out and say "I don't like gays, and my Bible explicitly prohibits homosexuality." Hope nobody calls the ACLU on me. I understand that that is not a Republican or Democrat issue, it's a government issue in general, and it just kinda pisses me off..... I realize I'm kinda goin off on a tangent, but if it wasn't for the fact that all this political mumbo jumbo was ending soon, I'd probly wind up hurtin somebody.
Old 09-16-08, 10:34 PM   #61
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

C....you are correct in every thang you stated my friend.on the matter of war in the middle east.. yes there will be wars there until the second coming. it will never end till then. and as for free trade...correct a mundo buddy. if we learn anything it should be this, history will repeat itself. over and over again. it doesn't matter what party is in control, rep. or dem. i never have and never will commit to 1 party. although i tend to vote rep. in all presidential races except for twice in my lifetime. yes i voted for ross perot twice. not because i thought he would make things better (that is what ongress and house of rep are supposed to do), but cause i thought that he would at least shake things up and let the people know what is happening in D.C. in my opion only now, we haven't had a REAL president since F D R. we have had some that came close a time or two. but no one really has LED this contry to date like F D R did. as for the companies failing. that is what i think happens when they get so big that they can't truly control themselves correctly. bif isn't always better ya know.it is very rare for huge companies to stay in control nowadays i think. and GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS!! even though they joined on their own accord, and yes they knew the risks when they joined, i still respect them. but they did join on their own. hats off to them for their efforts. and yes if we are to go to war, go to win not maintain or police others. we are NOT the worlds police force. somewhere in our history our fore fathers said that we would not expand our borders after we reached the west coast. at least they "said" that. looks like we are everywhere but home to me. we should help other contries, yes, but we should look after our OWN country first and foremost. i am STILL puzzled at how we can fight a billon dollar war on the other side of the world and not control our own borders. i am not against letting other people come here to be an american.....JUST DO IT LEGALLY PLEASE. ok, enough of that. now about football....................................
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 12:02 AM   #62
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbassman View Post
Like I said earlier, I find Obama to be the lesser of two evils. If I had it my way, we'd abolish welfare "If a man does not work, he shall not eat", and provide government jobs like Roosevelt did. I'm sick of a havin a big government tell me what I can and can't do. I like to ride around without a seatbelt, and I like to keep my paycheck instead of passin it off so Shaniqua can buy crack for her babydaddy. But the economy has had the piss beat out of it in the last few years. I realize that is not all Bush's fault, but how has he helped? Are you better off than you were 8 years ago? I'm also plum fed up with all the political correctness. Obama said "lipstick on a pig!" Oh my, I'll bet Sarah Palin hasn't even come out of her bedroom due to her grief and embarassment. Everybody needs to lighten the heck up. If I want to use a racial slur, I have a first amendment right to do so. I'm gonna come right out and say "I don't like gays, and my Bible explicitly prohibits homosexuality." Hope nobody calls the ACLU on me. I understand that that is not a Republican or Democrat issue, it's a government issue in general, and it just kinda pisses me off..... I realize I'm kinda goin off on a tangent, but if it wasn't for the fact that all this political mumbo jumbo was ending soon, I'd probly wind up hurtin somebody.
And you say OBAMA is the lesser of two evils? Everything you say you don't like is what he and the rest of the dems are FOR! Higher taxes, bigger government telling you what to do, and more social programs so Shaniqua can buy more crack, less freedom of speech, and more PC. You SURE obama is your guy? It sure don't sound like it.
Old 09-17-08, 09:20 AM   #63
Lilmoosecountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by flbassman View Post
As i said a vote for Obama is a vote for support of PETA. If you really care a about sportsmens right you better dig deep. He wants your guns & to take your fishing rights away. Every single PETA membor is a liberal Deomcrat. When you vote for him you only strengthen there radical base & give them more power. That statment about midwesterners clinging to there guns & religion is only the begining.
Old 09-17-08, 09:32 AM   #64
doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmoosecountry View Post
As i said a vote for Obama is a vote for support of PETA. If you really care a about sportsmens right you better dig deep. He wants your guns & to take your fishing rights away. Every single PETA membor is a liberal Deomcrat. When you vote for him you only strengthen there radical base & give them more power. That statment about midwesterners clinging to there guns & religion is only the begining.

I just dont think this statement holds water. No one will ever take away the right to bare arms. He can say what he wants but the american people will not allow it. It is however a good scare tactic and propaganda machine.

I dont believe a word that comes out of either of their mouths including Palin. She went from being Govenor of alaska to as scripted as the rest of them in 2 days. Hell she has yet to answer a single question at a rally, it's all scripted and ran from behind the scenes on both sides.

Nothing will change with this election whomever wins, If you drill more oil the prices will still go up, our economy is **** and will remain **** unitll we start moving away from oil and it's high prices.

T- BOONE PICKENS FOR PRESIDENT
Old 09-17-08, 11:48 AM   #65
tnfisherman

""""I just dont think this statement holds water. No one will ever take away the right to bare arms. He can say what he wants but the american people will not allow it. It is however a good scare tactic and propaganda machine. """"""

yea they may try but they will not get mine,,,but they can ban the sales on them thought
Old 09-17-08, 11:53 AM   #66
Lilmoosecountry

Well that may be case. But last i looked Sara brady was pitching for the Democrats. That loon that runs Peta is a staunch Liberal Democrat. A vote for Deomcrat is a vote for there cause. No matter what you say.
Old 09-17-08, 12:32 PM   #67
Whup
BassFishin.Com Member

I just want to say that if [B]flfireman[B]runs for office he has my vote.

Like Bamabassman I too am not a dedicated Rep.They're just the party that is speaking my language atm.Macain is a little to liberal for my liking(I was pulling for Huckabee)but,the thought of Obama getting the office scares the hell outa me.
If ignorance is bliss then the liberals live in a constant state of euphoria.I really don't think they're in touch with reality and to be honest seem almost lunatic.I truly believe that they won't stop until the government is controling every aspect of our lives.

George Bush may not have been the best prez we've ever had but,he was the best choice of what was offered.

I have several friends back from Iraq and Afganistan (including my nephew) and they truly believe in what they are doing.They tell me all the time..."Whup,don't believe what the liberal media is trying to sell the US.We ARE making progress."

We cannot be reactive in the war on terror but proactive.Take it to the terrorists.Let them know there will be no politicking or whatever.If you do harm to us or our allies you are going DOWN!

I recently seen on the news how actor Matt Damon thought Sara Palin was a joke.How could she possibly go up against the likes of say Vladamir Putin with her small town/hockey mom experience?
I think that is EXACTLY what we need facing down someone like Putin.A fresh, no B/S perspective from small town America rather than more political posturing.

just my $.02,
i'll hush now
Whup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 01:31 PM   #68
tnfisherman

yea sara brady is for demcracts and if one goes in the brady bill is in affect too
Old 09-17-08, 02:31 PM   #69
jmartin

You know when this thread got started I thought it would end very badly, but I guess it goes to show no matter what your political views are fishermen are all around a GREAT bunch of guys thanks for keeping it decent.

Thanks again

Jerry
jmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 02:34 PM   #70
lowrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whup View Post
I recently seen on the news how actor Matt Damon thought Sara Palin i'll hush now
can you imagine the number of idiots that actually listen to a celeb for political advice and opionions? that was my beef with the whole dixie chics debacle a few years ago, who in thier right mind cares what a celebrity says or thinks? matt damon, shut up and act like you're somebody else...thats what you get paid for.
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 02:42 PM   #71
jasonfish320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whup View Post
I recently seen on the news how actor Matt Damon thought Sara Palin was a joke.How could she possibly go up against the likes of say Vladamir Putin with her small town/hockey mom experience?
I think that is EXACTLY what we need facing down someone like Putin.A fresh, no B/S perspective from small town America rather than more political posturing.

just my $.02,
i'll hush now
I saw that too and completely agree...I don't think they understand that they should really not publicize their political beliefs....seriously, the Bourne movies will never be the same...
Old 09-17-08, 04:43 PM   #72
doc

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartin View Post
You know when this thread got started I thought it would end very badly, but I guess it goes to show no matter what your political views are fishermen are all around a GREAT bunch of guys thanks for keeping it decent.

I don't know what your talking about, I've already got my drill charging and my 1 1/2 in circular bit in place to drill ventilation holes in all the boats with whom owners I do not share the same political views at the next get together.
Old 09-17-08, 05:45 PM   #73
MississippiBoy

And I've got a truckload of bananas to hide under their consoles, too.
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-08, 07:21 PM   #74
Rebbasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
can you imagine the number of idiots that actually listen to a celeb for political advice and opionions? that was my beef with the whole dixie chics debacle a few years ago, who in thier right mind cares what a celebrity says or thinks? matt damon, shut up and act like you're somebody else...thats what you get paid for.
Amen, lr, amen!

The hollywierd elites are so out of touch with reality it would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.
Old 09-17-08, 07:48 PM   #75
rangerryan

does any one know what it costs to drill and complete and oil well?...............anywhere from 450,000 to 1,000,000 or more for onshore drilling. and the democratic media are all over the oil companies for not getting busy. if that well is a dry hole it could cost them up to 1,000,000 that is written off as a loss. these people are uneducated idiots that need to come spend some time in the patch before they make these idiotic comments.
rangerryan is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.