Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-08, 12:09 AM   #101
Fishnngolfn
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
now f&g...you ain't one of dem auburn fans i know. you said you rooted fer U A B, right? and you know what that stands for right? U OF ALABAMA B. right? com on now. we are the states only hope this year. i ain't saying we will win or nothing. but ya gotta root for the home team ok? i haven't been bragging bout how good we are cuz i am still being cautious. gonna say it anyway......ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!
UAB stands for University of alabama at Birmingham. UAB started as a satellite to alabama at tuscaloosa but UAB has held it's own as a university for a long time. I just know too many ignorant, too cocky for their own two teeth, redneck alabama at tuscaloosa fans. The problem with those type of people is that they put such a bad taste in people's mouth that people they encounter cheer against alabama even when they couldn't care less about alabama at tuscaloosa. Too many alabama at tuscaloosa fans (that I have run across) have their priorities way out of whack.

I used to cheer for alabama at tuscaloosa when my friend went to school there. Even my sister went to school there. Now, I really don't care. But it does make me smile when they lose, just so the ignorant ones stop talking about it like it for 5 minutes.
Fishnngolfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-08, 12:10 AM   #102
Fishnngolfn

Most Auburn fans I know are very pleasant to be around (win or lose). I wish I could say the same about the UAT fans that I know.
Old 11-24-08, 12:32 AM   #103
cassidyta

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankybait View Post
Let's go baby! run the rest of the schedule! Cranky needin a new bag o' senkos...lol

If you run the table, i will send you two, one to pay off the bet and one just because I have no faith that it will happen
Old 11-24-08, 01:45 PM   #104
Fishnngolfn

The only way it happens is if you guys help him by sitting players.
Old 11-24-08, 04:45 PM   #105
cassidyta

It isn't a fantasy bet FnG. It is based on the raiders needing to go 8-8 for him to win
Old 11-24-08, 08:08 PM   #106
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

f&g, there are fans of BOTH schools that are that way.....trust me. i ain't mad at ya pal. and i wish auburn would win every game till the last. makes a fantastic IRON BOWL. actually i wish it was still played at a neutral field. legion field was a neutral site. but auburn fans it wa bama's home number 2. the reason bama played there in the past was cause it held more fans than what was then denny stadium. more fans, more money. i know from first hand news that auburn had the SAME contract offered to them. they refused. i went to my first IRON BOWL back in 1971. pat and beasley for auburn, musso for bama. bama's record was 10-1, auburn was 11-0. bama won 31-7. pat sullivan had won the heisman that year. anyway, the stadium was split 50/50. it was AWESUM! back then it was a REAL IRON BOWL. but trust me... there are arogant fans on both sides. i have family who graduated from auburn. and some from bama. and auburn fans can be down right rude too. as well as bama fans. i ain't like that, i LOVE bama. but i have a little more class as i like to say, than some others.
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-08, 08:09 PM   #107
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

oh yea, i never missed an IRON bowl till they decided to play every other year in ga,hehehe. joke there...get it?
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.