Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-11, 05:41 PM   #1
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Talking heard the "HOKIS" are coming to TITLE TOWN for their bi-tri- yearly stomping.

yes folks, the HOKIES are coming to ALABAMA in 2013 to play the CRIMSOM TIDE. done talked to ol bcklash....yeppers, he wants revenge on me. WE GOT THE SAME BET AS LAST TIME. HAHAHA, I told him by then i'll need a couple more shallow cranks and he can get me some AFTER the game. let's see what he says HERE. is he coming? is he gonna bring he77 with him this time too? only time will tell folks. so stay tuned, same bat time..........same bat channel. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

the bet is loser buys the winner baits up to $10.00. i got 2 of his favorite shallow cranks last time. wonder what his favorite crank is now?
Old 07-01-11, 05:58 PM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Now John, you're not going to send back those same two crankbaits when that arse whoopin is over are ya!!!!!!!
And don't turn it around and say no because the tide ain't going to win.
Old 07-01-11, 06:06 PM   #3
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
the bet is loser buys the winner baits up to $10.00. i got 2 of his favorite shallow cranks last time. wonder what his favorite crank is now?
I bet his favorite crankbait is the free ones he is about to win off of you
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-11, 10:44 PM   #4
keithdog

You might want to get a TIDE stamp you can stamp on a red/white plug. haha Thats what I'd do.
Old 07-01-11, 11:32 PM   #5
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
You might want to get a TIDE stamp you can stamp on a red/white plug. haha Thats what I'd do.
He already has one, all it catches is dinks.
Old 07-01-11, 11:34 PM   #6
bamabassman

kory.......you saying BAMA is gonna lose? BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

and keith.......hhhmmmmmm.....got me thinking man. that DOES sound like a good idea. only it ain't RED keith...it's CRIMSON AND WHITE BUDDY. big difference there ya know. lol!!
Old 07-01-11, 11:48 PM   #7
3dkicker

I believe the bet should be the loser buys the winner a crankbait but has to pay to get it custom painted with the winning teams color and logo with the date and score......that would make things interesting!!!!
Old 07-02-11, 08:36 AM   #8
bassboogieman

Holy crap there 'bassman - trash talk TWO YEARS in advance? ALABAMA may not even be able to play in the SEC by then they may be forced to move up to the NFL to find some competition.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-11, 09:07 AM   #9
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
I believe the bet should be the loser buys the winner a crankbait but has to pay to get it custom painted with the winning teams color and logo with the date and score......that would make things interesting!!!!
I could that, but after the HOKIES put a whippin on the pink tide, John would quit fishing and become an Auburn fan.
Old 07-02-11, 09:17 AM   #10
3dkicker

But the Hokies can't even beat a 1AA team in the CAA let alone contend with a SEC powerhouse......
Old 07-02-11, 10:48 AM   #11
WTL

I thought they were playing in atlanta again....
Old 07-02-11, 12:58 PM   #12
bamabassman

i think oyu may be right billy. either way it's HOME FEILD for us, hehehehe. WE OWN DEM HOKIES!!!

bruce, nothing like talkn trash EARLY. and i really think that there are SEVERAL teams in the S E C that can beat a few teams in the No-Football playing-League. heck, even some other teams outside the S E C can beat my FINS i bet.lol.

ron and i jsut LOVE talkn smack. heck i love talkn football smack with anyone. ain't heard from the SHORTHORN boy yet. or anyone else in the SMITH family. adam is still hoping to feild a team with a dooly of a coach, hehehe. and ol keithdawg is wondering what kind of IRISH bad-LUCK he is gonna have. i can go on and on..........BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

FOR THOSE OF OYU WHO ARE NEW HERE, this is a running joke that me and several guys have every year. no harm, no foul. good hearted fun.

now...............RRRRRRRROOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL TIDE ROLL!!!!! LMAO!!!!!
Old 07-02-11, 05:30 PM   #13
MississippiBoy

That's all I got to say.....
Old 07-02-11, 05:50 PM   #14
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
I really like this idea only because I want to see the finished product!
Old 07-02-11, 07:08 PM   #15
bamabassman

we got a $10.00 limit though. so i doubt if we could get someone to paint a crank that cheap for us. nice idea though.

and daniel............not nice to do that to an ELEPHANT. get stomped flat real quick. lol!!!
Old 07-02-11, 09:29 PM   #16
keithdog

Quote:
and ol keithdawg is wondering what kind of IRISH bad-LUCK he is gonna have. i can go on and on..........BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Hate to break it to ya pal, but it's going to be 1973 alllll over again!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-11, 10:41 PM   #17
bamabassman

BWAAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA waht.....you gonna bring in ol ara back from the old folks home? we got another linebacker that's gonna do what cornelius did to oyu qb, remember that? knocked him out COLD!!! LOVE THIS!!!! smack talkn is the best with oyu guys!!!
Old 07-02-11, 11:34 PM   #18
3dkicker

Quote:
we got a $10.00 limit though. so i doubt if we could get someone to paint a crank that cheap for us. nice idea though.
You get me the crankbait and the Hamilton and I'll get it done for you no problem.......I think you're looking for excuses
Old 07-03-11, 12:26 AM   #19
WTL

Quote:
i think oyu may be right billy. either way it's HOME FEILD for us, hehehehe. WE OWN DEM HOKIES!!!
Really, you must not remember the 99 music city bowl. One of the ugliest games alabama has ever lost was to VT.
Old 07-03-11, 05:56 AM   #20
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Really, you must not remember the 99 music city bowl. One of the ugliest games alabama has ever lost was to VT.
Yea John you still owe me two crankbaits from that game. A 38 - 7 WHOOPIN.....( google is a wonderful tool )
Old 07-03-11, 08:22 AM   #21
bamabassman

BILLY.......SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOW!!!! i DO remember that game. but it was before i ever met ol ron. so that one don't count. ron didn't even remember that one......had ot "google" it. now he is googling EVERYTHING. lol!

smitty......let me and ron talkit over. but still...$10.00 lure PLUS andother $10.00.....i CAN ADD and that brings it up to $20.00. but we got 2 years to mull it over, just might do that.
i still say we own dem hokies. gotta keep ol ron on his heart medicene, hahahahaha!

and also billy......you supposed to have my back on this mannnnn. am i alone now? BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 07-03-11, 10:26 AM   #22
WTL

I dislike trash talk buddy. Our actions speak for themselves, we don't need to massage the truth to be known as an awesome football program.

For instance, we beat VT 77-0 in the 1970s.

A retrospective on the series can be found here;
http://www.rollbamaroll.com/2009/8/3...irginia-tech-a

Regarding the 1973 Bama VT game....
Quote:
VPI came into Tuscaloosa boasting the explosive air attack masterminded by head coach Charlie Coffey. Arriving in Blacksburg in 1971 the former Arkansas defensive coordinator ruffled a lot of feathers with his unorthodox pass attack. Although, the team had struggled to start the '73 campaign, Hokie fans were believers after "Explosion ‘72" when the gobblers managed to upend 19th-ranked Oklahoma State and quarterback Don Stroc’s 3,170 yards passing was the fourth-highest total in NCAA history at the time.

Coach Bryant introduces the '73 Seniors
Bama, meanwhile, was using the wishbone offense and crushing defense to return to national prominence. Heading into the VPI matchup, the Crimson Tide were ranked the No. 2 team in the country (behind Ohio State) and favored heavily. But Coach Bryant was taking no chances, telling his players, "we need to prepare for this game like it was the Rose Bowl."

So it came to pass that just more than 57,000 filed into Denny Stadium on Oct. 27, 1973 to behold one of the most dominating wins in Alabama football history. The Crimson Tide won the game 77-6 racking up a staggering 833 yards on offense in the process- an NCAA record at the time (eclipsed on Oct. 21, 1989 with Houston's 1,021 yards versus SMU).

The 63 runs for 748 yards the Crimson Tide tallied against the Hokies that afternoon remains the NCAA record for highest average gain per rush (minimum of 50 rushes). No less than four backs, Corky Tharp, Jimmy Taylor, Wilbur Jackson and Richard Todd broke the 100-yard mark that game (an NCAA record shared with four other teams).

Afterward, Coffey told the Associated Press, "We knew we were going to have a lot of trouble stopping them, but we hoped they would make more mistakes than they did."

But Bama was so dominating that even the mistakes didn't matter. Turnovers turned out to be the only thing that could keep the Crimson Tide offense out of the end zone the entire afternoon. Alabama scored on 10 of 14 possessions and never punted.

After the game Coach Bryant went out of his way to explain he wasn't trying to run up the score, but that his team simply faced a tremendously outmatched opponent.

"The last thing I wanted to do was embarrass young Charlie Coffey," he later recounted. "The first team only played 12 minutes, and we were shoving in the reserves as fast as we could... I couldn't do anything to stop it. We played 74 men."

The Alabama Record Book still groans with entries from this contest - a testament to how lopsided the contest actually was. The single game yardage total of 833 remains a team record and it's allied with a host of complimentary statistics. The game marked the highest average gain per play (11.9 yards) as well as the highest average gain per rush (11.9 yards) in Alabama history.

Taylor rolled up 142 yards on five attempts to give him an impressive 28.4 yard average gain per rush which puts him in second place in the Bama record book for the category for runners with a minimum of five touches. The impressive effort wasn't enough to eclipse Harry Gilmer's 36.0 mark which was tallied in 1945 contest versus Kentucky.

Taylor's companion in the backfield, Tharp, had a record night as well garnering 11.6 yard average gain for a player with a minimum of 10 attempts (163 yards on 14 carries). That puts him at fifth in that category of the Crimson Tide record books.

The game also saw Calvin Culliver rip off an 87-yard touchdown run that stands tied for fourth along with Billy Jackson's run against Florida five yeas later. Tharp's 83-yard touchdown run in that same game places him at No. 8 (tied with two others).

And, if that wasn't enough, Jimmy Taylor had an 80-yard TD scamper that stands tied with eight others at 14th in the Bama record book. It was such an overwhelming performance that Jackson's 51 yard touchdown run on the fifth play of the game turned out to be just a footnote.

Finally, kicker Bill Davis tied the team PAT record going 11 for 11 on that day. He shares the record with Harold "Red" Lutz, who also hit 11 against Delta State in 1951 (although it took him 13 attempts).

Alabama would go on to an 11-1 season and win the National Championship. Virginia Tech would tally a 2-9 record and Coffey would be invited to leave Blacksburg by the end of the year. To replace him the powers-that-be in Blacksburg turned to the Capstone, tapping Jimmy Sharpe, an assistant under Coach Bryant at Alabama for 11 years, for the job.
Old 07-03-11, 10:55 AM   #23
3dkicker

Quote:
smitty......let me and ron talkit over. but still...$10.00 lure PLUS andother $10.00.....i CAN ADD and that brings it up to $20.00. but we got 2 years to mull it over, just might do that.
i still say we own dem hokies. gotta keep ol ron on his heart medicene, hahahahaha!
I'm sure you've got a good crankbait lying around gathering dust in one of those tackleboxes that you can give away......You only fish once or twice a year and catch dinks anyways so you might as well use one as a trophy
Old 07-03-11, 06:02 PM   #24
bcklash

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
For instance, we beat VT 77-0 in the 1970s.
"We" got lucky. I didn't know you played back then. That's cool.
Old 07-03-11, 06:28 PM   #25
keithdog

By the way, what exactly is a "Hokie" other than a word that describes something that would cause one to shove a finger down their throat?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.