Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bass Classifieds

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-15-09, 11:44 PM   #1
guido_24
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Any reviews for the Pro 16?

Hello all,
Just curious if anyone owns or knows someone that owns a Bass Tracker Pro 16? You know the one that is advertised for $7,995. My wife and I have been in the market for a while now and think that this boat would be a good starter for us.
We have been renting a boat every other weekend or so at $160 + the cost of fuel every time we rent. Hell that would be a monthly payment on a boat. If there is something that is comparable I would be willing to listen. However; there is one stipulation. I’m in the Army and would need to make sure it’s not too big as we typically rent an apartment or town house so parking is tough to come by at times. I will be moving to Fort Polk, Louisiana soon and I know I will die without a boat at my disposal.
Thanks in advance.
guido_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-09, 12:28 AM   #2
bcklash
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

First let me welcome you to our site and feel free to join in, now to the boat I would think it would be a great starter boat, beats renting one. The only thing I didn't like about it was how low the riding seats were to the floor, but I'm a big guy. I don't think you can go wrong with this boat. Let us know what you decide.
Old 03-16-09, 09:22 AM   #3
Basscrazie
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Eveyone i know with a tracker say they love it.
Basscrazie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-09, 01:09 PM   #4
lowrider
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

go for the engine upgrade, i think the one that is advertised is a 25hp. you will want more power
lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-09, 07:01 PM   #5
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
go for the engine upgrade, i think the one that is advertised is a 25hp. you will want more power

The upgrade is only 500 bucks until april 15th.
Old 03-16-09, 07:04 PM   #6
bamabassman

as lash said, welcome to the site buddy. and thank you for your service to our country. as for the tracker boat.....it is ok in my opion. but you can get a better quality boat for about the same price if you look real hard. the g3 rigs are extremly nice i think. and there are more out there. research it throughly before you commit ok?
Old 03-16-09, 08:03 PM   #7
MallenManson

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Guess I shoulda paid a little more attention to your post Guido.
I'd like to welcome you to the boards as well, and as a former vet myself, I'd like to thank you for your service to our country.
Old 03-16-09, 09:39 PM   #8
Denny_K

Default Mine

I have a Bass Tracker 1996. I'm very happy with it, I got a great deal on
it for 4,000 about 7 or 8 years ago. The only thing is it has a 25 horse
merc on it, don't get me wrong it's KILLER on gas, but I wish I had some
more ponnies back there. If I was you i think i would go with the up grade

Check for used Tracker's out there, You can get some killer deals + people are losing there job's and some will be in a pickle to sell there boat.
It's sad to hear something like that, but you could really make out,keep an
eye out. Check the trader mags....GOOD DEals. goodluck Denny
Plus first boat, brand new, first sratch = freak out
Denny_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-09, 10:06 PM   #9
guido_24
BassFishin.Com Member

Default I hate salesmen!

Thanks for the input guys! I looked into the G3 boats and like what I see on their website and the price is fair as well. There seems to be a small disconnect at the dealership though. I went to look at the Angler V167c in person and it looked just like advertised on the web. Talked to a very hyperactive salesman about the price and that is when I felt like I was at a shady dealership. On the web it is advertised with a motor and all the bells and whistles for $12,195. Well not at this place, what the salesman told me was “Hell, that’s just the price for the boat and that is it. You have to buy all the fun stuff separately.” He chuckled as if I would be amused by the comment. After a few deep breaths I asked what the price would be with all the stuff it shows on the web. He came back 15mins later with a smile on his face and a sheet of paper in his hand. In usual salesman fashion he tells me “The boss thinks I look like a good person and wants to give me a good deal.” And the final out the door price is………. $19,295! WTF OVER!!! After about 2 seconds of thought, I decide not to punch the guy in the face for saying such things as “good deal” or “look like a nice guy”. I tell him politely I will have to think about it and will get back with him at a later time. I took his card and left as quickly as I could without losing the shirt off my back. I think I will wait till I get to Louisiana to buy a boat the dealers here in Texas are just to money hungry.
Sorry for the rant but I had to get that off my chest. On a better note I think the G3 is a great option. It has a few more creature comforts than the Tracker, like rod storage, and dash gauges. I think it has a lot less storage space than the Pro 16 and with all the over kill I like to bring (wife) I need storage space. Overall VERY good recommendation Bama, but if that is what the price is I will have to take the Pro 16. I can get that out the door for $9,890 and just over $10,500 with the motor upgrade. Thanks again for the input guys I will keep you all posted as my boat saga continues.

Last edited by guido_24; 03-16-09 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-16-09, 10:33 PM   #10
Jim80

welcome aboard jump in and make yourself comfy , and good luck in finding a boat .

Jim
Old 03-17-09, 09:27 PM   #11
bamabassman

GOOD FOR YOU PAL! i do NOT blame you one bit for walking out the g3 door. and if oyu want the tracker, by all means go for it buddy. i hate salesmen too. they THINK we are a bunch of idiots. i just laugh at em. when we meet i'll tel ya a story aobut me and my wife buying a new car. i don't mess around with em (even my brother in law and his son are car salesmen,lol, and THEY know better than to mess with me on price). i tell him flat out what i think of em. it's a dog eat dog world ya know? i mean i know they need to make some money, and i'll pay em alittle, but not gonna "haggle" for 4 hrs and buy something i can't afford. i just walk away. go for the tracker if it suits ya pal. it too is a good setup rig.
Old 03-17-09, 09:56 PM   #12
Tennessee

Default Ok I will say this

hands down tracker makes the best metal boat on the market. I own a small older one and 3 other family members own new ones 07 or better...They ride well fish well and last better than other boats..Also the options they come with are great I will list pros and cons

PROS

Great price for the boat
Very Roomy
Rod locker
Good electronics ,finder, trolling ect
Metal (best for first time buyers)
Trailers are nice with break away front
Nice layout with great seats

CONS

Need locks on all lids or storage
Lids need shocks
Could use a finder up front or be pre-wired
The boat plug sucks I like the threaded screw in type

I will say this too my cousin bought the 170TX with a 40 hp 4 cyc and loves it so quite and great on gas and matience I think my uncle would have gone this route if he had second chance

Later Will
Tennessee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-09, 09:59 AM   #13
bcklash

guido 24
check this boat out http://www.wmi.org/bassfish/bassboar...ale/T99465.htm
Old 03-18-09, 04:55 PM   #14
flfireman

Love my tracker. Even happy with 90 vs the 115. The pro's and cons above are pretty dead on. I do have locks on all my front lids though. My only problem they should have put lights in the compartments. The shocks would also be great, thinking about putting my own in anyways. I have a 2008 Pro Team 190. Did look at the others, I needed mine for the main reason- My family is 5-needed the room.
Old 03-18-09, 07:49 PM   #15
ejvesper
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey man...you got a budget and you've got to stick with it for your sake and your familys sake too...the Tracker is a very good choice....I mean you could spend 10's of thousands on a boat to get all the toys and power....I know I could...I have a Proguide 16' with a 50 Merc...04 and it's OK....it gets me out on the lakes and I've caught some nice fish....the boat is awesome....you'll like it....
Old 03-18-09, 08:33 PM   #16
guido_24
BassFishin.Com Member

I really appreciate everyone’s input you have given me for the boat. I have made contact with a boat dealer in Louisiana and they have a few models new and used under $10,000. The guy said they always have a selection of low cost options, plus they offer $2,000 off for active duty military members!! It all sounds like a dream dealer on the phone so I will hope for the best and expect the worst when I get there. I will keep you guys posted when the time comes although I don’t leave Texas for a month or so. Anyhow you guys are the best and hope you always have a line in the water and beer in the cooler.
Guido
Old 03-19-09, 01:46 PM   #17
pabassin
BassFishin.Com Member

Buy a Ranger! They are by far the best made boats out there.
pabassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-09, 02:30 PM   #18
jasonfish320

pabassin, sorry to burst your bubble, but rangers are not the best boats out there...IMO.. A lot of companies make great boats! There's a Pantera on bassboatcentral for $8500, it's been on there for a year so I'm sure he's willing to take a lot less if he's still got it..

Guido, not sure about your price range..from your previous posts it looks like under 10k..If you search on bassboatcentral.com or craigslist you should be able to find some good deals on used boats. I don't think I could bring myself to buy a new boat, the values depreciate so quickly..
Old 03-19-09, 10:27 PM   #19
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Guido, welcome, and thank you for your service. That is around bend country. I don't know if you have your heart set on a new one, but last time I checked ebay, there was a ton for sale with 250 miles of there. Also with the the oilfield booming last year and now a bust around Shreveport and in the Gulf of Mex, you can probably find a good one at every other house in any residentual neighborhood. I hate to recommend a guide on the misfortunate, but a lot of people are probably needing to get out from under a note.
Old 03-19-09, 10:33 PM   #20
bamabassman

i agree with bubba here. unless you are dead set on a brand new aluminum rig and don't want a glas rig for your first boat. but you are wanting to get a great deal on a glass rig. this is an excellant time to do so. check out the used boats on the market if want a glass rig. if not, no problem, go with the aluminum rig ya got picked out. either way,you will be happy with a rig of your own.
Old 03-19-09, 10:52 PM   #21
ky southern

i have a new tracker pro team 175 and i am very pleased,in fact i think i made a great choice.it has all i need,it rides great,easy for a beginner to learn to drive,fishes real good,very safe,good fuel mileage,etc.i know it is not the pro16,but it is in the same family.i also agree you can find a good deal on a glass boat right now,but be very careful as you can also get your butt burned too,i know that first hand.im tickled to death,and wouldnt do a thing different.
Old 03-24-09, 02:06 PM   #22
MarcBorger
BassFishin.Com Member

My advice is buy EXACTLY what you want and do not settle for anything less, especially in this market. A boat is a big purchase and regret lasts a while, especially with so few boat buyers out there to unload your old one on. BassBoatCentral should have tons of awesome boats for you to choose from. If you have the truck to tow it then look at late 90's and early 2000's 18-20 foot boats, you will be glad you did!
MarcBorger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-09, 05:46 PM   #23
stmorin
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Tracker Pro 16

Just bought the new 2009 bass tracker pro 16 with the upgraded 30hp mercury motir and electric tilt and trim very nice boat looks sharp cant wait to put in the water
stmorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-09, 08:35 PM   #24
obsessed

Bought new an '07 PT170 w/25hp 4 str. - kept to the 25 mainly because of hp restrictions here in central IL. New is pricier than used, but full warranty and, something special about "new". I know it is under powered, but allows me to get away from the big boat traffic.
Practice C&R so live well is generally empty (actually, not that good at catching - so it would likely be empty anyway).
Dealer says 6 gal. gas will last all day - he's right. Filling to 18 is a waste. This and an empty live well keeps the weight down in the back end. Imprtant when under powered.
The 25 is slow to plane, but does and tops out - GPS - at 21 mph. No speed records here, but is really quiet, easy on gas, no 2-stroke odor (been there) and trolls down nicely for crank baits (12-1600 rpm). Will use the bow mount for live bait trolling or jigging.
Anyway, this boat is slightly wider and slightly heavier than the new Pro 16 - so you could expect a little better performance with the 25 4 str and considerably better with the 40 or 50. Also, the 2 stroke would likely be much quicker to plane.
This is my first Tracker. Make no mistake, there are better boats - there will always be better boats, but I have always wanted a Tracker, and after two years, am still happy.
Dealer was helpful, is close, and I new exactly what I would be paying - no hidden fees. Would do it again.
Good luck with what ever you decide, just thought a little performance info might help -
And - Ditto on the serving our country thing - you should be very proud.
Old 04-03-09, 05:06 PM   #25
Lancer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido_24 View Post
Hello all,
Just curious if anyone owns or knows someone that owns a Bass Tracker Pro 16? You know the one that is advertised for $7,995. My wife and I have been in the market for a while now and think that this boat would be a good starter for us.
We have been renting a boat every other weekend or so at $160 + the cost of fuel every time we rent. Hell that would be a monthly payment on a boat. If there is something that is comparable I would be willing to listen. However; there is one stipulation. I’m in the Army and would need to make sure it’s not too big as we typically rent an apartment or town house so parking is tough to come by at times. I will be moving to Fort Polk, Louisiana soon and I know I will die without a boat at my disposal.
Thanks in advance.
Guido,

Tracker's "Bargain packages" are woefully underpowered. You'll save gas on Vernon and Anacoco lakes (and money in the long run,) by maxing out the HP. You'll do better when you sell/trade the boat as well.
If you like football get out and support the Fighting Leesville Wampus Cats!
I was an Army brat there a loooonnnnnnggggg time ago and still have fond memories of the nice folks, the outdoor opportunities, and "Old Ironsides"...the First Armored Division. My dad was an Artillery Battalion CO but I hung with the tankers and that influenced me to take my commission in Armor when I finished college ROTC. Good times!
Be VERY careful as to where you opt to live in Leesville OR DeRidder. Things aren't like they used to be. If possible, obtain post housing unless you can afford upscale civvie spots.
Here's an "intro" to Leesville... via their newspaper.
http://www.leesvilledailyleader.com/
Re the boat: Shop around for financing and PLEASE try to make a substantial down-payment and choose as-short-as-you-can-manage period of payments. You don't want to be "upside down" or anywhere near it on the note. Don't jump at the financing offered by Tracker!

Lancer6...Out.
Lancer6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.