Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-10, 11:25 AM   #1
Justin2729
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Whats goin on?

Hey guys, been fishing a lot not been on much but this summer pattern is throwning me a curve. I guess its were we actually had a spring this year in KY lol, It usually goes from winter straight to summer here but im having trouble geting on a consitant bite. im catchin fishin but id like to get a bit more consitant so i was just seeing wat some of you guys were doin to land some in the summer.
Justin2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-10, 12:03 PM   #2
carolina-rig-01
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Summer time can be tough! Your best bet is to study your maps and electronics to find key areas. Points that drop of into a channel or run along a channel are really good. So are hummps and ledges. Attack these areas with jigs, carolina rigs, and deep diving crankbaits.
Old 06-22-10, 09:21 PM   #3
tim4081
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Another key can be the shade element. Try mats and/or pads if present....frogs can be great producers in such areas....look for open spots that a fish will use for an ambush point....be sure to cast well beyond your target area so as not to spook the fish by dropping the frog right in the opening.

A second pattern regarding shade would be to fish docks. Flip jigs, senkos, tubes and even cranks in and around docks that provide good shade while also being near to deeper water. Also, on cloudy days, if I spot baitfish breaking the surface near docks I will throw cranks as this is often a sign of actively feeding fish....did this last Sunday and was rewarded with several decent largemouths and a three plus smallie.
tim4081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-10, 06:07 PM   #4
Cavs1123
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Summer seems to be my strength. I enjoy fishing in the heat and i found a couple of techniques that work for me. One of them is working a Senko VERY slow. Cast it out let it fall to the bottom. Give it 10 secs and then give it one or two hard twitches. Another is just slow rolling a natural colored spinnerbait. Hope this helps!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.