Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-12, 06:41 AM   #1
kennethdaysale
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Thingmaker

I don't remember how old I was when (after repeated requests) I got one of these for my birthday. Maybe 9 or 10. When I saw the commercial I didn't see the results as something I'd scare my sister with or hang from the window, oh no......all I could see was something I might fool the object of my obsession with. Fast forward 40 years and I now know why when I started hand pouring worms in open molds it all seemed so familiar, kind of a deja vu thing. Somehow the memories of that year or two back in the sixties had almost faded away, I wonder how many childhood memories we all have tucked away just waiting for the right sight sound or smell to come rushing back?
http://youtu.be/FDfSoAG8cWA
Old 10-03-12, 06:53 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I had one of those! LOL Had a lot of fun with it, and yes, tried making lures out of the creepy crawlers too. haha Thanks for bringing back those memories.
Old 10-03-12, 05:48 PM   #3
bassinbob
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Funny you mention smell. I remember I was in a 5&10 store back in the late 50's looking at the gold fish. This older lady came walking by and smelled of a perfume from Avon. She had it on really thick. I don't know how many times I happened to smell it on other ladies through the years and it always reminded me of looking at goldfish.
My cousin's had one of those creepy crawler makers. The one toy I always have fond memories from my childhood was a Marx Civil War set.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.