Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-09, 02:39 PM   #1
bingham
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via Skype™ to bingham
Default Lake Jordan

has anyone been fishing in lake jordan here lately? im going on saturday and i was wondering what to fish with and maybe where to fish?
bingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 05:15 PM   #2
aikenyounggun
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

how warm is it ... find the water temp and see if they are prespawn or if they are going to be bedding... never fished there but hope you have sucess and have a good time
Old 02-26-09, 08:41 PM   #3
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

jordan i tend to avoid like the plague...i live 1.5 hours away.. if i am draggin the boat that far i am turning right and hittin harris..

zooker
Old 02-26-09, 08:45 PM   #4
WTL

If he is in cottondale, he is probably talking lake Jordan on the Coosa river in Alabama.

I have no experience there other than stopping at a ramp one day and throwing a trap in the lake from the dock a few times, but I have heard a few things.

1, find out the dam schedule. It could be very important, all of those lakes when they pull water are different fisheries

2, dont think they are quite on bed yet in that part of the state.

3, I believe there is a very healthy spot population. I hate spots, so I never targeted them, but shaky heads are popular amongst those that do.
Old 02-26-09, 10:16 PM   #5
bamabassman

if i am correct and the fish are like here at guntersville. the bass are starting to come to the bed sites, picking em out and all. some are on bed here already i heard, these warm fronts are messing with em i think. but good luck and keep us posted ok?
Old 02-27-09, 12:23 AM   #6
bingham

Send a message via Skype™ to bingham

i am talkin about the one in alabama. i have fished there alot before and thrown all sorts of soft plastics and lures at them and had alot of luck. ive actually never fished this time of the year though, only dead summer and believe me i know what to use then but i am going saturday and ive had it planned to be 64 and sunny but this cold front coming in isnt helping anything. its about a 2 hour drive so i didnt want to have a waisted trip. and thanks wtl for remindin me about the dam schedule i know that in this lake it either fires them up or shuts them down. and how can you not like catchin HAWG SPOTS!!!!
Attached Images

bingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-09, 09:44 AM   #7
bamabassman

well it started raining last night arond 10 pm here. storming some too. gona really mess em up cause they are calling for SNOW SUNDAY NIGHT. snow....here......sunday night......DABNABBIT!!!!!! i am so sick and tired of this winter weather. raining cats and dogs and cows and hosses, not to mention it is gonna get cold and roads are gonna freeze over and folks here panic on the roads. fight over the bread and milk cause it's iced over for ONE day. idiots. anyway, hope it don't mess up your fishing pal.
Old 02-27-09, 04:08 PM   #8
wareagledc

yeah bama better make the wal-mart run you know how we get snowed in here. hahaha i love the panic when they say flurries. only when they say blizzard do i get anything and haven't heard that word since 1993.
wareagledc is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.