Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-09, 12:33 PM   #1
Wags
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Wags Send a message via Yahoo to Wags
Default new problem of the day...ughhhh

OK...Fished our first tourney with new-very used 18'Ranger, when we come back for weigh-in, 28 boats and 1 launch ramp, so everyone beaches the boats next to ramp. We had a slim spot we were shooting for so we chose to use troller to creep into the spot on the beach. Unfortunatley, we did not get the troller up fast enough and and the troller got caught in the muck and the momentum of boat bent the pole underneath the boat. The troller still works fine, but something is bent to the point where we couldn't load-fold it back up to the deck of boat. By looking at the troller, no obvious bent poles or anything, but something is now in the wrong position for sure. Has this ever happened to anyone...and how would you suggest trying to fix it. I dont want to try to bend the wrong thing back into place and risk tearing the mount off the deck!! HELP !!! lol thanks By the way Motorguide..107#thrust
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-09, 01:20 PM   #2
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

If it's a motorguide, take a look at where the motor itself is held by the mount. There should be two big knobs on each side of the mount there. If you loosen them slightly, you should be able to push the motor out from under the boat again. Then re-tighten the knobs.

If this is indeed the problem, there is a kit that is sold that adds springs to the mount so it will still give when you hit something, but then springs back without having to undo the knobs.
Old 06-07-09, 09:04 PM   #3
Wags
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Send a message via AIM to Wags Send a message via Yahoo to Wags

nofear......you are da man..... thanks a boat-load for the easy fix...I ran over to the storage yard where I keep the boat and just as you stated, two knobs on top and back in business!!! First time owning a full-sized bass boat so I am a work in progress with some of the common problems that arise. Thanks again!!!!!!!! I do like the idea of that spring-back kit though
Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-09, 01:10 AM   #4
nofearengineer
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Wags, don't mention it! I am pretty much in your shoes myself, having just bought my first bass boat this March. I am not that knowledgeable on boats in general yet (at least to my standards), but you had the exact same problem I had one day and since it's fresh in my memory, you got the benefit of it!

Funny thing is, I am STILL getting all the kinks worked out of my trolling motor. Woody on the boards here has helped me out a bunch with mine, but it's still gonna be a long fight with that ornery critter, I tell ya.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.