Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-12, 02:08 PM   #1
USMCbassman
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default Mono backing on braid....

As probably like some of you all I took advantage of TW's Sunline sale and have stripped that horrible P-Line floroclear off of my DS rig. Now it's time to re-spool it.

With that said I've been contemplating putting a 10lb braid on my DS with a nice leader of flouro.

Is there a need to put a mono backing behind braid on spinning gear? For the amount of line used I understand that concept and I understand the concept of it on a bait caster, just not sure if it worthwhile on spinning gear.

Shoot is it even worthwhile to put braid on my DS set up? I use it for shaky heads and light swimbaits too.

I like the sensitivity I get out of my braid.

My only major concern is it seems like when you have 3 different types of line spliced together it give you one more point of failure.

Thoughts, suggestions

Am I over thinking this?

Thanks guys and Gal
USMCbassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.