Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-11, 06:59 PM   #1
dave0943
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default New Baby in the stable!

I just received a new combo from Cabela's. I pulled the trigger on a new Lew's Lazer Tournament TS1H Speed spool / Speed stick in 6'6 MH. 6.4.1
The reel retails for 140.00 and the rod 90.00. The combo was 139.99.
The reel is sweeeet. The whole combo is really top notch for the price.
I'll let you guys know how it is after the week end on the water. Anyone looking for a top notch combo at a budget price---. Look at Cabela's online under rod and reel combo's. I think some are on back order. I'll probably buy the other two speeds if it fishes like half of what I think it will. It also has dual brakes like my favorite reel PQ. My Revo's have competition!
dave0943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-11, 07:08 PM   #2
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Sounds sweet man! I've heard nothing but great stuff from Lews, and they will definitely be my next reel!! Let me know how ya like that rod, I've heard nothing about them.
Old 05-28-11, 09:52 AM   #3
jjjbluray
BassFishin.Com Member

I love coming across those sweet combo deals! Congrats and let us know how it is on the water!
jjjbluray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-11, 01:25 PM   #4
dave0943
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Well I had a chance to put this combo through the drill this weekend. I was out on the water three days!. I went out on my favorite Smallie water. I used the Lew's extensively. The reel was flawless. I left the internal centrifugal brake stock. I made the usual lure changes with the magenetic brake and cast control. The 3" to 5" swimbait was my go to this weekend landing over thirty smallies. Most were 1 Lb to 3lb and a few up over four pounds. I also tossed spinnerbaits from 1/4 thru 3/4. I also used the combo with jigs and crawls. Moving between baits and weights was effortless. The reel is as good as any of my model Revo's and Shimano's. I will say I was very impressed with the reel. The reel size is just so lite and palmable! The Lew's Lazor Stick rod that came with the combo felt good, is made with quality componets and matches the reel perfect. We all fall in love with new gear and like to give good reports. This combo I didn't have to look hard to give it a good report card. I just can't beleive that you can buy a combo like this in the 140.00 price range. I'd pay full price and be happy I bought it! I should add that I don't see any reason you couldn't through lighter weight baits in the 1/8 range.
There is loads of room to adjust this reel.
dave0943 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.