Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-11, 03:48 AM   #1
bluebasser86
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Talking I'm on fire!

Well I fished the Wednesday nighter at the local lake again. Wife couldn't fish it with me but a friend said he would fish it. Started off pretty good with 2 keepers in the boat in the first hour flipping water willow. Caught several shorts on a variety of baits before we hit a spot I caught a near lake record smallmouth on about a month ago. Fishing the same bait I stuck a heavy fish. Got it close and was just hoping it wasn't a drum I saw color and could tell it was long and brown. I thought it has to be a good smallmouth! Until I saw the whiskers. AHHHH! freaking flathead. Oh well, toss it in the livewell so I can tell my buddies I got a 20 incher in the livewell to scare them a little bit. Little further down the bank I get keeper number 3 on a buzzbait. Caught a couple more shorts and lost a keeper on the buzzbait. Not many fish brought in, a couple of my friends had 2 and 4.27 pounds and 2nd place and my 3 went 5.06 for first place for the 3rd week in a row! I honestly almost feel bad about winning the thing 3 weeks in a row but then again I'm fishing the same lake they are and somebody has to win it! My buddy was a little down about not catching a keeper but it's tough to catch a fish out of the back of the boat when fish are hard to come by anyways! I'm afraid if I keep this pace up nobodies going to want to fish with me anymore!
bluebasser86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-11, 06:48 AM   #2
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Congrats on win #3. Sounds like you have a good thing going there.
Old 06-30-11, 10:56 AM   #3
bassfisher325
BassFishin.Com Member

Hey Bluebasser what lake are you fishing?
bassfisher325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-11, 07:10 PM   #4
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Nice! Please send some of that heat over here.
Old 07-01-11, 04:30 AM   #5
bluebasser86

Guess I forgot to mention the lake. It was the Wednesday night tournament at Wyandotte County lake. Fishing has been even tougher than usual with dirty water, fish in the post spawn transition, and the shad having just hatched there are now lots of fish roaming open water chasing shad schools around. We've really had to grind it out to catch our fish until it gets late and they start hitting a buzzbait but this week I had my first two keepers in the first hour so it made it a little easier to relax and fish.
Old 07-01-11, 05:13 PM   #6
bamabassman

THROW SOME WATER ON THIS MAN!!! HE IS ON FIRE!!! HAHAHAHAA!!! great to read oyu are doing so well blue. but hey, how about posting some pics for us man? we love seeing pics ya know.
Old 07-02-11, 02:23 AM   #7
bluebasser86

Yea I thought about taking some pictures but with 3 bass weighing barely over 5 pounds they didn't really seem picture worthy. Then again we were one of 3 boats that weighed fish so I guess they probably looked pretty big to everyone that blanked! I'll be out there again this week so if I do well again I'll make sure to take a picture so you guys can see the monsters I've been catching!
Old 07-02-11, 12:50 PM   #8
bamabassman

WHAT?!?! NOT WORTHY? HAVE OYU SEEN MY CATCHES? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! POST THEM PICS MAN. hahahahaa!!!
Old 07-08-11, 11:21 AM   #9
Old Hooker
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I have caught 2 flatheads on cranks this year and I had never caught one of those ugly devils in my life.

Sounds like you are doing well Blue. Sure better than I have been. I don't think I had a strike my last two trips out.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.