Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-07, 07:53 PM   #1
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144
Default Plano FlipSiders

Anyones ever used them? They good? I am planning on getting a new tackle bag soon and buying separate utility boxes to suit my needs. I am thinking about getting the 3714 for spinnerbaits and the 3734 for larger baits (spooks, jimmy's, longer Rapala's, etc)

So what's your opinion on the Flip Siders?

BB
Old 12-23-07, 08:44 PM   #2
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

Never used 'em. Just try the Falcon V12 Speedbag with all the different trays that come with them. The bag holds twelve trays...

-Lunk-
Old 12-24-07, 11:45 AM   #3
BigBassin144

The Falcon utility boxes are nice. but they ar epricey and will not fit in normal tackle bags. I am actually looking at one of the Cabela's advanced angler tackle bags. Probably the the one that holds 12 3700 boxes. but, like i said, i am going to buy my own boxes so I can get what I need.

BB
Old 12-25-07, 10:17 PM   #4
lunker-lander

The Falcon Utility Boxes(i.e. -- Large, Medium, Small Crank, Jig Organizer, Universal Prganizer, etc...)fit only in the Falcon V12 or V6 Speedbags. I know this because I personally own one andwould reccommend the Falcon V12 Speedbag to any fisherman with lots of tackle, or just looking to organize tackle.

$59.95 may sound a little pricey just for a bag, but it has everything and anything! This bag even has a rain cover which will open and fit over the bag within seconds. I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything.... Well, maybe except a brand new St.Croix Slop-N-Frog matched with a Shimano Curado()...

If you're really getting into this pursuit of bass as hard as I am BB144, I would highly reccommend this bag. It seems well made and holds a boat load...

-Lunk-

Pee. Ess. -- Make sure to pick up the Falcon Magnum Wormbag for $9.99 as well. It holds up to 20 packs of 8'' worms all in one, handy case. It beats the Cabela's Worm Bag which holds less packs for $11.99...

Find it all at: WWW.TACKLEWAREHOUSE.COM
Old 12-26-07, 02:01 AM   #5
vagabond
BassFishin.Com Active Member

The only flipsider I have is the 3378. It's ok. Great for cranks but the main zipper is always a strugle. I'm still looking for the perfect system. I keep trying new things. The flipsider is the best I've probably used yet but I still am not overly happy with it.
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-07, 11:17 AM   #6
BigBassin144

Well thanks for the input guys. I think I'll stick with the flipsider utility boxes.

BB
Old 12-26-07, 11:24 AM   #7
Hef
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Hef

I've had two and both of them the "flipside" orange top broke at the hinge. Thought the first one was a fluke, but after the second one did the same thing I was done.

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his"
- Gen Patton
Hef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-07, 03:18 PM   #8
lunker-lander

Falcon, Falcon, Falcon! My buddy has a Flipsider and his is nice, but doesn't hold anywhere near my Falcon V12 Speedbag...

-Lunk-
Old 12-26-07, 04:40 PM   #9
jasonfish320
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

I use 3 different bags and one is the Flipsider (orange foam, not sure on #). It would be a great bag if the front clips held together. I busted them off in the first few weeks. I wish they made one a little more rugged, that front design makes it easy to get your favorite set-ups and the foam keeps the water out, not to mention it FLOATS. I've managed to fix the front for now, but to be honest I have a Wal-Mart-brand Okeechobee green/black tackle bag that I've had for a few years and it's tougher than nails and plenty of room w/pockets galore. I'm probably goin' to get a lot of crap for this post...hahaha!
Old 12-26-07, 08:42 PM   #10
BigBassin144

LL, forget it. I'd want to buy my bags separately so I can get what I want, and Falcons are just too expensive.

I've noticed most of youare talking about the Flipsider Tackle Bags, I looked at them, and forgot about em. I'd like to know about the utility boxes.

Thanks,
BB
Old 12-26-07, 10:22 PM   #11
zooker

the boxes are ok but prone to break out on the sides if dropped.-gee like i never have dropped an 90 pound tackle bag into the bottom of a boat- i will stick with my plano pro latch boxes. a bit higher priced than plain plano boxes but WELL worth it.. the only box falcon makes worth a crap is the spinnerbait box.. the rest don't hold enough baits for my taste..

zooker
Old 12-28-07, 06:56 PM   #12
BigBassin144

Thanks Zook. I've been waiting to see if someone likes them. I am going to get them when I get my new tackle box.

BB
Old 12-29-07, 06:21 PM   #13
lunker-lander

Make sure you do to Cabela's or BPS' Website, and check the ratings first!

-Lunk-
Old 12-30-07, 11:15 AM   #14
BigBassin144

I've checked the ratings, I check them on everything I buy before I buy it. The ratings for the Flipsiders are OK, but I think I'm still gonna get them.

BB

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.