Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-08, 04:24 AM   #1
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Trying to keep busy during the winter doldrums

I must say that fishing hasn’t been easy this year and as a matter of fact for those shore bound like me. I’m batting 0 for 3 and I am trying to remove the funk of not catching a fish in winter. It’s perhaps my biggest fishing related peeve right now and it irks me that I hooked and lost what would have been:

1) The first fish caught in 2008
2) First bass caught in winter and
3) First fish caught on a jig.

Oooohh that gets me steaming like Yosemite Sam.

Fortunately, I have found comfort in making some lures that will be auctioned off at my daughter’s school auction. I made two sets of five inline spinners. Here is one set:

This set of 3 I made tonight:

I love my “Patriot” pattern of Red, White, and Blue bucktail.

Too bad they wouldn’t fare well as a Valentine’s gift!
Old 02-14-08, 12:54 PM   #2
rondef
BassFishin.Com Member

I feel for you. I almost caught my first Lmb of the year last weekend but it came off right as I was pulling it out of the water.
rondef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-08, 01:08 PM   #3
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

My first largie will be a'comin' soon (I hope)! We're still in the "Hard-Water" pattern, but I think it'll be changin' soon enough. Anyhow, I still need to save for my T-Rig rod and lines!

-Lunk-
Old 02-14-08, 11:05 PM   #4
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Hey island, sorry to hear about your fishing misfortunes, but making those spinners to auction off at your daughters school auction is a great idea and gives me thought. We have a mental health facility in town here who has a fund raiser like that every year. I've been asked to enter some photographic work in there in past years, but maybe I'll also make some spinnerbaits to auction off.
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-08, 06:36 PM   #5
links_man2
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I live pretty far south and I am getting tired of cleaning reels and rearranging tackle bags. Finally broke my winter/2008 funk last Mon & Tue with limits each day 2# to 6#. Was beginning to think winter would never end, now think i can see that light, just hope it isn't a train.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.