Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-12, 12:54 PM   #1
olboy4
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Large and small in the midwest

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site and trying to find out as much as I can about fishing spots in IL, and all of WI, and southern, MI

I have fished up in Phillips, WI on the chain of lakes and Have a trip in the planning stage for May/June. Any tips from locals, or guys who fish up there during the spawn, on stained water, and gear would be a great help. I will be focusing on bass but we might want to hit up a couple Muskies if they get in our way. lol
Old 01-31-12, 01:02 PM   #2
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

olboy4 welcome to the site!

I live Southern Wi. Fished all over the state. Lots of water around Phillips! And WOW what a beautiful area! Great fishing too!
I'll let some of the locals tell you more about up to date info. Else I'll come back and share my thoughts and experiences.
Again, welcome to the site!
Old 01-31-12, 07:04 PM   #3
olboy4
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks joedog. WI is my favorite place. If you have any suggestions of lakes closer to IL I would really appreciate the info. Don't worry I promise to catch and release. lol
Old 01-31-12, 08:34 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

welcome to the best site on the world wide web buddy. joking here, but ain't ya'll fishing HARD water bout now? lol! kick off yer shoes and loosen up the belt. don't have a mouthful of something in your mouth when reading some of this stuff......computers are expensive. oh yeah, have fun.
Old 01-31-12, 09:56 PM   #5
MallenManson
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to MallenManson

Welcome olboy!
I can't be any help to you on southern michigan, but a couple of the guys here should be able to give you some advice
Old 01-31-12, 10:05 PM   #6
joedog

Quote:
Originally Posted by olboy4 View Post
Thanks joedog. WI is my favorite place. If you have any suggestions of lakes closer to IL I would really appreciate the info. Don't worry I promise to catch and release. lol
oleboy4, PM me when you want. I actually know a couple right on border. Muskie, SM, LM, Pike, full of great panfish. More Il., land owners than Wi. Boat lot is usually 3 to 1, Il. vehicles. You'll feel right at home!

Theres a one bass 18 in. size limit., 3 18in. or larger Walleye. One has record Rainbows too. Do you have boat or shore fish? Lot of wealth in this area so people aren't to generous with land access. From boat it's like a Mansion tour in L.A..
Well managed waters.
Old 02-03-12, 11:13 AM   #7
olboy4
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks, Everyone.

JD I will PM you. I shore fish for the moment. Plenty of friends with good sized bass boats. Though.
Old 02-03-12, 11:34 AM   #8
WatterBoy

Hey olboy, I can't give you any info on fishing spots, but I wanted to say welcome to this site and the forums.

Dean
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-12, 12:12 PM   #9
olboy4
BassFishin.Com Member

Thanks Watter Boy, and again to everyone.

This is my first forum and it feels so good to be able to communicate with other fisherman. The nonfisherman's just don't get it.

I was on Vacation this last summer and my first morning fishing session was a bust. AI got about 8 or 9 Hits I was trying to set the hook too fast on Top water and Texas rigging the Lillys. I was just too excited... When I got back to the house everyone who was on vacation to Water ski and relax was amazed that I had a great 4 hrs with out catching a fish. At 1130am one ski boat and two jet ski's going I caught a Northern 4' from the bank with a frog. I smiled and said today was a good day none of them got it. Well I take that back a couple other b*******s were with us and they understood. lol

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.