Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-05, 10:17 PM   #1
bh51501

Default who is kevin?

know im new here so I do not know a darn thing about this site someone please tell me
Old 11-24-05, 10:52 PM   #2
Fishie
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Kevin VanDam duh!

Seriously don't know the guy but he has a awesome site!
He is also pretty nice.
Old 11-24-05, 10:58 PM   #3
rrw4258

yeah kevin is awesome, runs a great site, and donates prizes for the forum tourney!
Old 11-24-05, 11:02 PM   #4
Fishie

#1 fisherman in the world. Period!
Old 11-24-05, 11:05 PM   #5
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Nope, not KVD. Does a good job with this forum, though.
Old 11-24-05, 11:12 PM   #6
bh51501

good forum
Old 11-25-05, 09:45 AM   #7
pig n jig

He is Kevin S. I don't think he wears a cape with a S on it, but he is very knowledgable when it comes to bass fishing.Ranks right up there with the mighty Rebbasser & Others. Most of the time he remains in the shadows,but I wished he would contribute his views more often than he does.He is one who doesn't get enough thanks for keeping the site going for us to use.Its funny how we never show our appreciation, but are often too quick to complain about it. Well enough kissing up for now. P N J
pig n jig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 10:09 AM   #8
JB

lmao pnj, ya beat me to it..
young bh51501, let me express it for you in this way..
Since joining the on-line community a few months ago, I've chatted, posted, and emailed a lot of bass fishermen about approaches and techniques. We've long heard of Kevins impact on the weekend fishermen, but until you've talked to people all over the country, it's hard to appreciate just how big of impact Kevins forum has been. Lures, patterns, presentations, equipment, all have been adopted throughout the country and even the world based almost solely on Kevins members' success at any level. It has certainly been a great thing in uncounted ways and has definitely improved the level and success of bass fishermen everywhere. But there has been a trap many, and perhaps all fishermen have fallen in, depending too much on what the pros have done, learning by example instead of working out the problem based on knowledge and theory. We unthinkingly buy the latest hot bait, work the latest rage for a pattern or technique, approach a lake based on how a pro approaches it, generally rely on memory rather than thinking.
The thing the vast majority of fishermen forget is, this isn't how Kevin woud do it! They don't fish a body of water based on what is working for someone else. Kevin relies on his own knowledge and intuition, and you only see the results of what bassfishing forum member guessed right this week. Sure, information is shared among the us forum members, and the wise forum member would never overlook an approach that is beating his own. But for the most part, Kevins bassfishing forum members fish to their own personal strengths using what they think will work and relying on their own experience. And perhaps the most overlooked factor in our follow-the-leader world is, unless you are a touring pro, you will probably have better success doing something different than a pro, stick to what Kevins and members post about thier own personnal experiences...
Hope that helps..
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-05, 10:14 AM   #9
zooker

kevin s. is from the maryland/dc area he fishes the big rivers there has had this site up for 15+ years. if you look at the front page you will see a picture of him..

i also knew next to nothing about him till he added the chat room.

kevin still have newt problems???

zooker
Old 11-25-05, 02:04 PM   #10
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Dont know Kevin but hes the great guy who started this forum for all of us, and he sometimes graces us with his presence
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.