Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-08, 09:22 PM   #1
lizardsrule
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default 2nd Tourney of 08

Well, after getting skunked, last Sunday 1/6/08 and not happy at all. Me and my partner decdied to fish another tourney this past Sunday 1/13/08 in a different division. I worked all 6 days since the last tourney, and had no time to prefish. I had only fished this area once about 9 months ago. My boater said he knew the are pretty well, from previous fishing, but hadn't fished it in nine months either. The last time I did fish it I hung a 7lber on a spinnerbait though. Anyway, to the tourney. Blast off at 7am +or -, fog as usuall, but not very bad. My boater headed south, while every other boat headed north LOL. I caught the first keepr at approx 9:30am, about 15" on a t-rigged Yum dinger in Junebug fishing Lilly pads. He had caught a couple of dinks previous to that. Then I had a nice fish bump my blade, but didn't take it. At about 1:30pm we only had the one keeper, and we hit 3 keepers in about 10 minutes, all around 15-16" size(2 for him 1 for me) He caught his on a weightless senko, I caught mine on a weightless Trickworm, again in Junebug colors. I did catch another dink and then that was it in that location. We then moved back to the main river, and I again had a nice fish bump my blade, but just didn't hit it good. I continued fishing blades, and cranks mostly as he was fishing senko's. Finally at about 2:55pm, aprox 50 yrds from the entrance to the launch I hung the biggest fish of the day on a blade, about 2.5lbs. We threw it in the LW, and ran to the check in . We only had 9.75 LBS for the day, but at least we had a limit, and caught some fish. With no prefishing or ideas other than just go fishing I was happy with the results. The winner however brought in over 2.5 times our weight at 27+lbs, with a 8.93lber as big bass. They of course were fishing the beds, and had some good success obviously. The day before the same guys won the ABA tourney doing the same thing. We finished 5th out of 8 boats rotflmao. Well probably gonna be a couple of weeks before I get out again, since work, and a trip to SC this coming weekend are on the agenda.

Lizards
Old 01-14-08, 10:25 PM   #2
lunker-lander
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to lunker-lander

At least you're catching fish. My boats in the garage, and there's no ice to ice-fish.

Good job, Lizards...

-Lunk-
Old 01-22-08, 10:40 AM   #3
BassAddict
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Goal number one is to put a limit in the boat and you guys did it. Congrats! I'm dying to fish another tournament but the weather has turned cold here now. My first scheduled tourney is March 29th. The Fishers of Men Trail on Lake Anna. I wish Spring would hurry up and get here!
Good luck Lizard on the next one!
BassAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-08, 01:00 PM   #4
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

i agree with bassaddict, can't wait till springtime. and happy birthday bassaddict, you still have about 10yrs till you catch me on them birthdays, lol. i don't do the tourney thing, too hectic for me. but i love to hear all about the fish caught. good luck in all your tourneys guys. if it ever thaws here i am gonna clean up the boat and get the reels ready. 34 today here near scottsboro....brrrrrr!
bamabassman is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.