Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-09, 08:40 PM   #1
usngsm2
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via Yahoo to usngsm2
Default Can you save me some money?

I have an lowrance X135 on on the bow and its black and white. I have the Lowrance 522c igps on a ram mount on the driver console. What I would like to do is put the b/w unit in the console as it was originally and get a color unit in the bow. I am not sure if I should get another 522 or a better one? I was thinking that the best unit should be on the bow but after looking on the lowrance website I am lost. I don't know the difference between a dual signal and single. I am lost as to features in these units that I need and don't need and power. I have been web surfing to try to learn more but there is limited info out there. Any suggestions ?
usngsm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-09, 09:39 PM   #2
Jim45498
BassFishin.Com Member

I might be able to help a little. The duel is like have a 50-200 transducer. You would use the 50 for really deep water and the 200 for the lakes. Unless you were going to fish 100' deep, you don't need to use the 50 side of the transducer. Just for normal bass fishing, the 200 is what you use. If the unit comes with a duel that is ok. They are nice units.
The 520c is really great for the price.
Jim45498 is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.