Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-10, 09:16 PM   #1
keithdog
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default Lowrance X135 depth finder, need your opinion.

Well, as many here know I'm out to buy a depth finder. I'm sure some here are tired of my posts! lol But I appreciate your input. This comming saturday Bass Pro near my home will be selling the Lowrance X135 depth finder. It's going for $199.00, normal price is $400.00. I talked to Zooker tonight and he told me his opinion was that the X135 is a hell of a good unit and better than anything Hummmingbird offers in that price range. Sounds good to me. But thought I'd check with the rest of you fellas and see what you think? By the way, Zooker sounded much better today. He's looking foreward to getting back on the water again. Keep your phone calls to him comming. Seems to help the old boy!
keithdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 09:26 PM   #2
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I recently purchased a new fish finder myself, I was looking to spend about 200 dollars to upgrade an older hummingbird fish finder. I did look at the X135 and it is a solid unit, I ended up purchasing the hummingbird 570, it has a little higher resolution dispay and the transducer has dual frequencies. Might be something to look at if you are still undecided.
Tavery5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 09:40 PM   #3
bassboogieman

Lowrance X-135 is a good unit - I have that one at the bow. $200 NEW is a great price. They were going for that, not long ago used.
bassboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 09:52 PM   #4
nofearengineer

That is definitely a great price, Keith. If you don't plan on doing any deep water fishing, and don't need a dual frequency, I'd snap it up.
Old 02-28-10, 10:01 PM   #5
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
I recently purchased a new fish finder myself, I was looking to spend about 200 dollars to upgrade an older hummingbird fish finder. I did look at the X135 and it is a solid unit, I ended up purchasing the hummingbird 570, it has a little higher resolution dispay and the transducer has dual frequencies. Might be something to look at if you are still undecided.
Funny you mention that. The hummingbird 570 is the other unit I'm looking at. But the X135 has double the watts of the 570, and with a resolution of 480 X 480, I think it's pretty comparable to the 570 which is 640 X 320. But that dual beam on the 570 is a nice feature. Anyone know the cone degree of coverage on the X135? Is it 20 degrees, 60 degrees?
Old 02-28-10, 10:05 PM   #6
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
Funny you mention that. The hummingbird 570 is the other unit I'm looking at. But the X135 has double the watts of the 570, and with a resolution of 480 X 480, I think it's pretty comparable to the 570 which is 640 X 320. But that dual beam on the 570 is a nice feature. Anyone know the cone degree of coverage on the X135? Is it 20 degrees, 60 degrees?

Yeah, I wrestled with the fact that the Hummingbird was a 2000 watt, and the X135 was 4000, I guess it just all boils down to personal preference. I was already use to the Hummingbird menus, so I think that is what pushed me in that direction.

Good luck, sounds like your gonna end up with a nice toy.
Old 02-28-10, 10:10 PM   #7
Bender

I don't remember the cone angle Keith, but I had an X125 and X135. I used the X125 for quite a while and it was a great unit until it got waterlogged. It was very accurate and had very good separation, you could see a tine drop shot in 30' easily. LEI send me the X135 as a replacement and upon initial power up it was a bad unit, so no report on it but I believe it is similar to the X125 with more power and a different backlight.? Linda took care of it right away at the time and upgraded me again.

I think for $200 that is a steal, they are pretty expensive units and should work well. I don't remember how much, but I know I paid a lot more than that for my X125.
Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 10:46 PM   #8
basstech
BassFishin.Com Active Member

It is a steal at $200.00.
Old 03-01-10, 11:17 PM   #9
carolina-rig-01

http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishin...highlight=X135

Like I said back when you search for a graph started, I would look no further than the Lowrance X135. I paid full retail for mine and have never looked back. I also agree that Humminbird doesn't make anything in that price range that can hang with the X135, although the higher end models Humminbird has in my opinion are better than Lowrance and customer service is better by a land slide with Humminbird. Dude at $200 that X135 is a heck of a buy and you would be really happy with it.
Old 03-01-10, 11:24 PM   #10
keithdog

I have a feelin I'll be standing at the door at BPS sat morning waitting for them to open. Thanks for the input fellas.
Old 03-01-10, 11:26 PM   #11
everettvet
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

That is the unit that came on the front of my boat and I have loved having it. The only down side is the lack of GPS. I wish I had a GPS on the front for ledge fishing, but for that price I would get the unit. I have not had any problems out of my unit. Go for it!!!!!!!!!
everettvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-10, 01:55 AM   #12
keithdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
Well tonight while I was at Gander Mountain I was able to actually compare the Lowrance X135 and the Hummingbird 570 side by side for the first time and I'm glad I did. I was all ready to buy the X135 untill tonight. While it is a great deal for that X135, the Hummingbird 570 menu options were simpler to use and the 570 also has a brighter picture that is easier to see. Even after playing with the picture settings for brightness and contrast, the X135 was never as clear and bright as the 570. Another thing was that really loud beep the x135 makes every time one pushes a button. Tried dialing it down to no avail. The 570 was much quieter. While the X135's menu options are greateer than the 570, many of them I would never use and they are somewhat harder to access and change than the 570. I'm glad I had the chance to compare the two.
Old 03-06-10, 09:18 AM   #13
Tavery5

I happy you were able to compare the two and end up with what worked best for you. Both units are solid in my opinion and I dont think you could have went wrong either way.

Congrats, now get that thing mounted and catch some fish!!

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.