Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-06, 04:09 PM   #1
brandonjames
BassFishin.Com Member

Default What do you all think?

I went fishing last weekend at a state park and did very well fishing the scum with a scum frog. This lake is not very big but on the east egde of the lake was all of the scum, well I was by there today and noticed that the lake get very mixed up do to a really nasty storm that came through. This lake is only about 15ft deep at the most, but average about 2-5ft. Through out this lake is nothing but stumps and trees that are not visible. Since the scum is no loger like it was what do you all suggest I use to fish around all the stumps. Thanks. I will post pics sunday after I get back. I didint have a camera last weekend.
brandonjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-06, 04:35 PM   #2
3dkicker
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Since the scum may or may not have been the reason the fish were there the only way to tell is to throw the same bait and see if you get similar strikes. If not, try something else like a shallow running crankbait then go to a little deeper crankbait. If that doesn't work try a different topwater bait. Keep on trying things until you 1) run out of baits 2) give up 3) run out of time or 4) catch a fish or two and then you have solved your problem.
Old 08-03-06, 05:07 PM   #3
bigboss
BassFishin.Com Member

Send a message via AIM to bigboss

when i fish stumps i have the most success using a willow leaf spinnerbait. i reel the spinnerbait and once it hits a stump i let it sink so the blades "helicopter" .
bigboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-06, 10:05 PM   #4
brandonjames
BassFishin.Com Member

3dkicker, like I said above that has been eliminated pretty much because of the nasty storm stystem that came throught last night, if the scum ends up comming back together like it did last weekend I will do that but if it doesnt I was wanting advice on what to fish the stumps with, but thanks for the advice.
brandonjames is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.