Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-11, 09:53 AM   #1
Handlebars
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Power Fishing....

Not what I thought it was gonna be. When I first reviewed this video I thought it was going to be the latest KVD tactic on power fishing but boy was I wrong. Maybe its a joke I thought as I was waiting for the punchline that never came. I think I'd have to give up fishing first.......

I just can't see a realistic use or am I blind?

http://www.powerfishn.com/video
Old 10-05-11, 10:01 AM   #2
Dogmatic
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Blaaahhhhaaaahhhaaa! What a joke, just what I need, more weight on my rod.( But seriously, it might be helpful for someone with disabilities???).
Dogmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 10:37 AM   #3
F16 1UB
BassFishin.Com Active Member

I'm sure some of our wounded warriors could use them. I've been the boater for PVA anglers in the past. Although they had the strength to crank the reel some were fatigued easily. Guy has a good idea for those with disabilities.
F16 1UB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 05:29 PM   #4
Tavery5
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Good idea , poor marketing. Needs to be a lot smaller, but would be great option for some of our wounded warriors.
Old 10-05-11, 06:06 PM   #5
F16 1UB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavery5 View Post
Good idea , poor marketing. Needs to be a lot smaller, but would be great option for some of our wounded warriors.
I agree the design may be somewhat cumbersome. I especially dislike the screw sticking out near the handle. I can see ME raking my knuckles across it....but poor marketing?
F16 1UB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 06:54 PM   #6
boloson

"why fish with the power fishn???" because we're fat and lazy?

but with someone with arthritis or the disabled can surely benefit. all they need to do now is to make it entirely out of carbon fiber so it'll weigh only an ounce
boloson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-11, 08:13 PM   #7
Tavery5

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post
I agree the design may be somewhat cumbersome. I especially dislike the screw sticking out near the handle. I can see ME raking my knuckles across it....but poor marketing?

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any serious angler ever giving this thing a second thought. IMO the obvious marketing should have been for people with disabilities, but I had to watch 41/2 minutes of some actor, telling me it was AMAZING, without any reason as to why.

I do think it has possibilities, and is even a good idea, put it on a better reel, and make it about half its current size, market it to the correct group and you might end up with a winner.
Old 10-05-11, 08:26 PM   #8
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Quote:
I do think it has possibilities, and is even a good idea, put it on a better reel, and make it about half its current size, market it to the correct group and you might end up with a winner.
As a product marketed for serious bass fisherman, it was hilarious. But I completely agree that it would be great for wounded or disabled people if it was more refined.

Regardless of who this could be useful for, it was funny to hear them talk up the Shakespeare reel.

BB
Old 10-05-11, 10:00 PM   #9
Bassboss

Quote:
Agreed.

It'll NEVER catch on, guarantee it. Only thing I can see it being useful for is disabled anglers, and trolling (if it had a bigger spool capacity).

And hey.. it's only 200 bucks!
Old 10-06-11, 02:33 PM   #10
doc

I have a 7 year old son with cerebral palsy, he loves fishing but can't master the whole hold with one had reel with the other, and has thus far been limited to "helping" me land a fish or fishing with a jig pole. We even tried the "Rocket fishing rod" and beside being a total piece of chit, it was too heavy for him. He can somewhat cast his spiderman rod good, but the retrieve frustrates and tires him. This thing "tho I admit looks silly as hell" might actually benefit him. I wonder how strong the motor is, and if it capable of reeling in a fish.
Looks like this might be on his christmas list
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-11, 04:49 PM   #11
Crankbait

haha i thought it would be a good kite winder.....till i saw the price
Crankbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-11, 05:40 PM   #12
carolina-rig-01

I agree that it's an idea that has some possibilities for a small group of anglers. Like has been said above, I can see it being a nice tool for someone that is handicaped. I also agree that it's horrible marketing. They never really even touched on what benefits it offers. He just said stuff like "it allows you to enjoy fishing more by giving you more choices". Are you serious? That's the best sales pitch they could come up with? Like we don't have enough choices in fishing already. Hell we tend to make fishing harder than it has to be because we complicate it with too many choices, and now lets throw more choices into it just for the sake of choices? Or maybe it's really great because you can eat a sandwhich while the reel does it's thing. For crying out loud it's like they just came up with it for a science project or something and then tried to use it for a solution to problems that don't even exist, except for one possible problem which they totally neglected to mention in the video (handicapped anglers).

On the other hand it comes spooled with 10lb line so that's a plus lol.

Just think of how easy it would be to spool with line though.
Old 10-07-11, 05:43 PM   #13
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
I have a 7 year old son with cerebral palsy, he loves fishing but can't master the whole hold with one had reel with the other, and has thus far been limited to "helping" me land a fish or fishing with a jig pole. We even tried the "Rocket fishing rod" and beside being a total piece of chit, it was too heavy for him. He can somewhat cast his spiderman rod good, but the retrieve frustrates and tires him. This thing "tho I admit looks silly as hell" might actually benefit him. I wonder how strong the motor is, and if it capable of reeling in a fish.
Looks like this might be on his christmas list
Doc I think this is the exact situation where this idea has some traction. I don't have any idea for sure what it weighs but it looks like it might be heavy. However it be worth the extra weight for aiding him with reeling.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.