Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-13, 08:59 PM   #1
Panthrosan
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Good Day at the Yard Sales=New to Me Boat

Haven't posted in here in a long time with my little girl and work taking up all my time but just wanted to get a quick post in here.

Got a call from my mom this past Saturday while I was at work to swing by one of her neighbors yard sales because there was a boat there in the driveway. Swung by around 2pm and took a look, it was in decent shape and made an offer of $300 cash money. Lady said someone had come by earlier and offered $500 but had to go get the approval of their dad and come up with the cash. I told her my offer was still $300 cash in hand and left my cell # and left. Around 5pm I still hadn't gotten a call but figured, what the hell lets swing back by. For once I am glad this current generation is a bunch of slackers because I got there and the boat was still in driveway and all the other assorted yard sale stuff was being packed back up. I backed the truck in and said......$300 and it is out of your driveway. She took it and her husband went inside and got the title, and helped me load in in the back and secure it. He goes, you need some oars? Sure. How bout some life jackets? Sure. How bout a battery and case? Sure. How bout a new in box anchor? Sure. I got these kinda new seats, want those too? Sure. He then just throws them in the cab, says "Its all yours", shakes my hand and I am on my way.

I call my mom back and thank her for the tip and she says how much did you get it for? I tell her $300 and all the extra stuff and she says next time we have lunch I will have $300 for you......Happy Birthday.

What a great Saturday.

Panthrosan is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.