Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Non-Fishing Related Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-10, 06:21 PM   #26
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA gang. what i was refering to as for as the DOUBTERS was mark ingrams knee for real. now like i said at the START of the season, i am VERY,VERY doubtful that we can go undefeated as WTL stated. 6 teams will have 2 WEEKS to prepare forus before we play them. no i am worried about arkansas some, the QB is awesum, no doubt there. BUT, i saw weeknesses on their defense. should be a good AIR show for both teams. look for some big throws in htis game.
now as for florida........i am wondering if they are holding back so as not to give any REAL images as to where they are sl far. they look real sloppy don't they? NOT an urban myer team looing sloppy like this UNLESS it is to fake out folks.
THEN we have who i think COULD win the east side of the S E C outright......SOUTH CAROLINA. this team is FOR REAL GANG. they got it all together it looks like. garcia is looking sharp, running back is pro quality. and their defense can make some folks cringe with pain just watching them. gonna be one of the games i think we could lose if we don't bring our A-GAME. jsut like the florida game.
ol miss should be a pretty good recovery game for us. they are rebuilding, but if we overlook em................sad day in t-town. they have done it to us before, can do it agian.
and we have the third saturday in october.... ALWAYS a blood feud. we should win this game, even if it is in knoxville.
next we had dem BYOU begals. miles seems ot have gained conrtol of his senses this year and has a pretty good team also. balanced all across the place. another shoot out?
and my good friend in MISS STATE is gonna be rooting for his DAWGS. IF WE aren't too banged up, this should be a win also. may not run up the score, but a w none the less.
and we have a warm up game with ga state. our third string will play this game while our starters (wahtever is left of them,lol) will be resting for the final show down of the year.
AUBURN.or as we like to say "that team on the ga side of the state." this should be a big game. them kitties are building a pretty good squad, IF they are ALL healthy. they will play us like there is no tomorrow.....CAUSE THERE AIN'T FOR THEM. this is their last hope to slavage a season. bragging rights are all that is left for them this year. they will have lost some close games (almost did last sat, should have really, but i am glad they won). i look for another IRON of a game on this one. no holds barred on this gam, no call either.

so there ya'l have it. have fun with it like me gang.
Old 09-20-10, 06:28 PM   #27
flfireman
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Must refrain from comment....must refrain from comment.......must refrain from comment!
Old 09-20-10, 10:17 PM   #28
bamabassman

com'on hose holder.......SAY IT!!! SAY IT!!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 09-26-10, 05:50 PM   #29
walkeraviator

Do I even need to say anything???
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 06:47 PM   #30
bamabassman

such as??? lol, it was a GREAT GAME WASN'T IT? i never said on here we would win, but i didn't say we would lose either. now we got florida in T-TOWN. gonna be another nail biter i think.
Old 09-26-10, 07:35 PM   #31
carolina-rig-01

Alabama was out played for 3.5 quarters. If it weren't for 2 int. by Mallet Bama would have been beaten by Arkansas. Alabama is no where near the caliber of team that everyone keeps claiming them to be. Until they lose they will remain ranked #1, that's just the way it works. But there are teams out there that are a lot stronger than Alabama.
Old 09-26-10, 08:54 PM   #32
Chancho
BassFishin.Com Member

Ok, Mr. Johnson, I'll bite. Who would you say is stronger than Alabama?

Disclaimer- I'm not an Alabama fan, per se, but I love college football. Wake Forest and UVa are my teams and it's already been a frustrating year.
Chancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 09:10 PM   #33
walkeraviator

I as a Wildcat fan just fear playing more teams in the SEC... will be lucky to win 6 games... Florida sure thumped us good sat...
walkeraviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 09:59 PM   #34
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancho View Post
Ok, Mr. Johnson, I'll bite. Who would you say is stronger than Alabama?

Disclaimer- I'm not an Alabama fan, per se, but I love college football. Wake Forest and UVa are my teams and it's already been a frustrating year.
First off I am a believer in Boise State. I think they could possible be the best team in the top 25, and although their schedule is on the weak side I think that if they are able to back into the title game they can play with or quite possibly out play anyone, Alabama included. I also think Stanford might be able to beat Alabama, TCU too for that matter. In fact I honestly think that the more talented team didn't win yesterday. If you take the two late mistakes by Mallet out of the game then Bama geats beat then. And those mistakes are very uncommon for him.

One thing is for sure, Texas doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a top 10 team after the egg that they laid yesterday. That was a freaking joke.
Old 09-26-10, 10:07 PM   #35
Ebbetsguy
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Yea and if my aunt had testicles she would have been my uncle,GEEZ!!!!
Ebbetsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 10:20 PM   #36
bamabassman

hahahhaa.......well mallet DID throw the interceptions. and we won. not saying that we wern't outplayed, we were. the hogs out manned us for 3 and a half quarters. should have won the game? yes. but that is the way the ball bounces.

AGAIN, I NEVER HAVE NOR WILL SAY WE ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY! but we are number 1 for now. until we lose, we will remain there....i hope,lol.

now as for boise state. they are good. great even, but they play a VERY weak schedule and that will ALWAYS hurt them. they need to play tougher teams outside their conference to gain ANY type of faith with the folks that vote for championship games. i think that they could play anyone and i mean ANYONE int he top 10 and you would see a true test of how good they are.

TCU is another good team, but not as good as you may think kory. oklahoma is better than them i think.

stanford................hmmm. not sure about them. got a lot of weeknesses on defense.

as for ol texas......their coach said it best so i won't add to the embarressment of their fallout. they are too good to lose a game like that. they know it, we know it too. jsut wasn't their day.

now i am a die hard ALABAMA fan. always gonna be. gonna root for the crimson through and through. IF...AND I SAY IF (capitol letters) we do run the table. we COULD have 3 peat. cause the defense is gonna be better NEXT year than this year. defense is our weakness, i said it in the beginnning of the season. the hogs showed our weakness. and we gotta work our tails off to get better.

nw continue with your regular programming.lol.
Old 09-26-10, 10:38 PM   #37
Bubba_Bruiser

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Nothing better than some fun razzing.
Old 09-26-10, 10:46 PM   #38
WatterBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina-rig-01 View Post
... But there are teams out there that are a lot stronger than Alabama.
So you named 3 teams below that you say "could possibly" and "might be able to beat" Alabama. That seems totally different than saying "there are teams out there that are a lot stronger than Alabama."

Quote:
First off I am a believer in Boise State. I think they could possible be the best team in the top 25, and although their schedule is on the weak side I think that if they are able to back into the title game they can play with or quite possibly out play anyone, Alabama included. I also think Stanford might be able to beat Alabama, TCU too for that matter. In fact I honestly think that the more talented team didn't win yesterday. If you take the two late mistakes by Mallet out of the game then Bama geats beat then. And those mistakes are very uncommon for him.

One thing is for sure, Texas doesn't deserve to be anywhere near a top 10 team after the egg that they laid yesterday. That was a freaking joke.
Saying that Boise State's schedule is "on the weak side" is a rather large understatement. I think they're a quality team and could play with anyone in the country, but their schedule is nothing like the other top teams in the country.

And I'm certainly no Alabama fan. In fact, I root for them to lose almost every week. But they deserved to win that game yesterday. Let's not forget they were on the road in front of a hostile crowd, they committed early turnovers and put themselves in a 13-point hole with just over a quarter left to play. Then they did what national championship caliber teams do...they found a way to win. They forced those interceptions by Mallett and turned them into points when they needed them. They did what they need to in order to win and head into another pair of tough match-ups (FLA, SC) still undefeated and #1.
WatterBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 10:47 PM   #39
CamG
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Quote:

You can't be serious.
CamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 10:53 PM   #40
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamabassman View Post
hahahhaa.......well mallet DID throw the interceptions. and we won. not saying that we wern't outplayed, we were. the hogs out manned us for 3 and a half quarters. should have won the game? yes. but that is the way the ball bounces.

AGAIN, I NEVER HAVE NOR WILL SAY WE ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY! but we are number 1 for now. until we lose, we will remain there....i hope,lol.

now as for boise state. they are good. great even, but they play a VERY weak schedule and that will ALWAYS hurt them. they need to play tougher teams outside their conference to gain ANY type of faith with the folks that vote for championship games. i think that they could play anyone and i mean ANYONE int he top 10 and you would see a true test of how good they are.

TCU is another good team, but not as good as you may think kory. oklahoma is better than them i think.

stanford................hmmm. not sure about them. got a lot of weeknesses on defense.

as for ol texas......their coach said it best so i won't add to the embarressment of their fallout. they are too good to lose a game like that. they know it, we know it too. jsut wasn't their day.

now i am a die hard ALABAMA fan. always gonna be. gonna root for the crimson through and through. IF...AND I SAY IF (capitol letters) we do run the table. we COULD have 3 peat. cause the defense is gonna be better NEXT year than this year. defense is our weakness, i said it in the beginnning of the season. the hogs showed our weakness. and we gotta work our tails off to get better.

nw continue with your regular programming.lol.
I agree that Boise States schedule is their worst enemy. However they rise to the occasion week after week. Yes it's typically against lesser quality programs but not much they can do about it now. The fact remains that they are one of if not the best teams in college football and I honestly believe they are good enough to win a National Championship if they get the chance, if they don't get the chance it has nothing to do with how they played but who they played.

Yeah Mallet did throw the two INTs. And yeah Bama did win, however you know as well as I do that the best team doesn't always win. I just honestly don't think that Alabama is better than Arkansas (and I am not an Arkansas fan by any means).

Time will tell I guess
Old 09-26-10, 10:57 PM   #41
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamG View Post
You can't be serious.
UMMM yeah I can

We all know that Boise States schedule is weak, in fact that has been mentioned quite a bit here already. But give me one reason why they aren't capable of competing with anyone in college football.

Last edited by carolina-rig-01; 09-26-10 at 11:05 PM.
carolina-rig-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-10, 11:04 PM   #42
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatterBoy View Post
So you named 3 teams below that you say "could possibly" and "might be able to beat" Alabama. That seems totally different than saying "there are teams out there that are a lot stronger than Alabama."

Saying that Boise State's schedule is "on the weak side" is a rather large understatement. I think they're a quality team and could play with anyone in the country, but their schedule is nothing like the other top teams in the country.

And I'm certainly no Alabama fan. In fact, I root for them to lose almost every week. But they deserved to win that game yesterday. Let's not forget they were on the road in front of a hostile crowd, they committed early turnovers and put themselves in a 13-point hole with just over a quarter left to play. Then they did what national championship caliber teams do...they found a way to win. They forced those interceptions by Mallett and turned them into points when they needed them. They did what they need to in order to win and head into another pair of tough match-ups (FLA, SC) still undefeated and #1.
Ok let me put it this way. I believe that Boise State and TCU are both better than Alabama. As for Stanford, well I'm going to stick with my first statement when I said that they might be able to beat Bama.
Old 09-27-10, 10:36 AM   #43
WTL

C-rig, its very easy to say that if Mallet hadnt thrown the INTs, Arkie wins. And its true.

But you could just as easily, and perhaps more easily say if McElroy doesnt throw those 2 picks before halftime, Bama leads down the stretch and wins going away.

Turnovers and blown assignments ultimatly do happen, and do count. What will determine, as the season progresses, how good this Alabama team is whether they limit the turnovers and especially the mental mistakes on defense. If they do, then they are the great team people are talking about.

If they don't, they lose 2-3 games.

PS, the only reason Boise wins games is because they dont turn the ball over. Physically, our 2nd team is bigger.

2nd Ps,
I didnt see you mentioning TCU being better than alabama. You must be fishing. They could have lost to SMU.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-10, 12:00 PM   #44
CamG

Quote:
UMMM yeah I can

We all know that Boise States schedule is weak, in fact that has been mentioned quite a bit here already. But give me one reason why they aren't capable of competing with anyone in college football.

You are right, it has been said that they don't play anyone. That is the whole point. No one will never really know if they can compete at the top level.

Boise State SOS over the last 10 years - 98.9 (out of 112 Teams)

They beat Virginia Tech with a last minute TD...and VT gets beat by...(drumroll please)...JAMES MADISON????

I will never dispute the fact that Boise State should be a ranked team. But I will never agree that they should be in the top 10. They simply do not have the depth of talent of any of the other top 10 teams.
Old 09-27-10, 06:42 PM   #45
3dkicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamG View Post
They beat Virginia Tech with a last minute TD...and VT gets beat by...(drumroll please)...JAMES MADISON????
You had to go there didn't you . More disrespect. IAA football is a lot better than you realize. Where did Ohio St's coach come from???? Youngstown St. How many National Champs did Y St. win under him??? 2 or 3 in a short period of time. App St, a top IAA team, upsets Michigan last year or year before. JMU beats Tech. JMU won National Championship not too long ago. And so did UMASS and they took it to Mich this year too. The top 8 IAA teams are good football programs and could compete in any IA conference.
Old 09-27-10, 08:33 PM   #46
CamG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dkicker View Post
You had to go there didn't you . More disrespect. IAA football is a lot better than you realize. Where did Ohio St's coach come from???? Youngstown St. How many National Champs did Y St. win under him??? 2 or 3 in a short period of time. App St, a top IAA team, upsets Michigan last year or year before. JMU beats Tech. JMU won National Championship not too long ago. And so did UMASS and they took it to Mich this year too. The top 8 IAA teams are good football programs and could compete in any IA conference.
Sorry I struck a nerve.
Old 09-27-10, 08:48 PM   #47
bcklash

Boise States schedule is weak, when you play a weak schedule, the bump, bruises and mental game is not same. You can prepare in a totally different fashion. Could Boise State get over the bumps, bruises and be mentally prepared each Saturday if they played Notra Dames schedule or Alabama's? I don't think so.

I think the polls and rankings are total BS. If we had a playoff system, we could have a true National Champion like they do in every other college sport.
Old 09-27-10, 11:05 PM   #48
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklash View Post
Boise States schedule is weak, when you play a weak schedule, the bump, bruises and mental game is not same. You can prepare in a totally different fashion. Could Boise State get over the bumps, bruises and be mentally prepared each Saturday if they played Notra Dames schedule or Alabama's? I don't think so.

I think the polls and rankings are total BS. If we had a playoff system, we could have a true National Champion like they do in every other college sport.
Granted, Boise States schedule is going to be really weak from here on out. But the first 3 weeks were as tough as Alabamas in all honesty. I mean in the first 3 weeks Boise State has faced 2 ranked teams (same as Alabama), one ranked in the top 10 and one not (also same as Alabama). Now I can see people not wanting to give Boise State credit for the rest of the season because their schedule is weak, but don't take anything away from them for the first 3 weeks because that much of their schedule was not weak. At this moment in the season how can anybody say that Boise State doesn't deserve respect because of their schedule when to this point their schedule has more or less mirrored so many of the schedules of teams that are considered to be some of the best teams in the nation (Alabama included)?
Old 09-28-10, 10:13 AM   #49
WTL

C-rig, all I have to say is, if Arkansas loses to James Madison next week, you would be correct.

But as a point of fact they have not. Virginia Tech has.

And so, to compare schedules between Boise and Bama and say they are about the same, even at this point would be to make a very lousy comparison. Penn State is better than either Oregon State and Virginia Tech, and Arkansas could be better than Boise State. And we even played Arkie in a true road game.
WTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-10, 01:54 PM   #50
carolina-rig-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTL View Post
Penn State is better than either Oregon State and Virginia Tech, and Arkansas could be better than Boise State. And we even played Arkie in a true road game.
Not sure how you are able to give Penn State that much credit. They haven't played anyone yet either really, with the exception of Alabama who beat them. The did beat a undefeated Temple team but Temple had beaten who? Villanova? Central Michigam? UCONN? I'm not saying that Penn State isn't better than VT or Oregon State, maybe they are. But I'm not sure they deserve much credit yet.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.