Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Bass Boats, Trailers & Setups
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-06, 11:35 AM   #1
Cmac
BassFishin.Com Member

Default Wiring Help

I know this topic has come up before & I have searched previous treads but have not located what I needed, so I apologize if this is a repost.

I have a 2001 Javelin Venom & I need to find the wiring layout for the boat, the guy I bought the boat from lost his copy of it (imagine that). I am trying to re-wire the navigational lights from the Nav switch to the bow lights. Somehow I had a length of rope get caught around the light while it was plugged up & it snapped the base off, but when I tried to just re-pull ithe base back to the general area the wiring came apart & fell where I cant reach it. I have pulled the panel off so I can see the navigational switch & wiring around it, but there are 6 or 7 little plug-ins that I know nothing about that plug into the navigational switch

Anyways any suggestions would help Greatly. I have also been in touch With Stratos, the boat mfg & they are slower than snails I have left 4 messages since Monday & have sent them 2 e-mails & have heard absolutely NOTHING

Any suggestions???
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-06, 06:06 PM   #2
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

take a picture and post it.. then i can help the 6-7 plug ins is odd.till i see it..

zooker
Old 05-13-06, 06:37 AM   #3
1FASTLASER
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Ok simpler than what it sounds like. First off on any device ina boat remeber that you have to have a ground and that you are breaking the power going to the device to shut it off or to turn it on. Keeping that in mind you should have a central grounding point. The nav switch should be double pole double throw. The middle position should be off. Get your wires pulled and figure out which is the - and the + for both front and rear lights. Connnect your grounds to the central grounding point. You will also have a 12v constant power wire. That will go onto a pole that should be in the middle of the switch and when you throw the switch one way or the other it should supply 12v to either side of the switch. Use a meter to be sure. The rest is simple. Connect the front light to the switch in the desired direction. Then hook up the rear and the front with the aid of a small jumper to the left over portion of the switch. Should be good to go. Got any more questions just ghive us a holler.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.