Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-07, 12:34 AM   #1
flamez
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Default cold front toho bassin (pics)

Thought ide give it a go anyway ending up only catching one im sure i could of caught more if i stuck around the area but i thought ide paddle over to the canal that leads into lake runnymede to see if i couldnt get a big fish but that idea quickly left my head when i saw these on the banks

sorry for the blurriness of the gator photo had to zoom to the max
(kayaks and gators just dont mix) and that made any slight movement blur the phto
i dont mind fishing with a gator in the water but i really dont like it when they are on banks so i gave up on that area and went inside lake runnymede only to see NOTHING not a single lillypad completly cleaned out the whole lake was like 2 or 3 inches of water and everything else was just really nasty muck i never really caught any good fish in lake runnymede but this one time i was gonna commit to trying only to see that =/ ill go out again sometime this week and get a photo of a real toho bass
Old 04-09-07, 12:37 AM   #2
flamez

once the water level gets back up to a decent level ill be happy its atleast 2 feet low right now one more thing that gator was atleast the size of my kayak and my yak is somewhere in the range of 9 foot not a monster gator but a big enough size that i was watching my back the whole way out

Edit: this is East lake toho not to be mistaken with West lake (what locals call it) also known as just lake toho
Old 04-09-07, 12:41 AM   #3
Rebbasser
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Hoss, you have one beautiful place to fish. Watch them gators, though-we have some bigguns in a lake south of here and give them a wiiiiiide berth.
Old 04-09-07, 04:16 AM   #4
flamez

that bank that gators sunning on is just FULL of hardwood all along it

funny thing about toho is it always changes if you leave for a year and come back and fish the same area every things new changed around the last round of hurricanes were my favorite some chunks of marshland washed onto the beach and went out about 10-20 feet into the water every morning and evening nothing but fish blowing up on minnows and what not just an awesome time ive never seen them school so close inshore
Old 04-10-07, 08:27 AM   #5
flamez

well i want out again had a horrible hook up ratio only caught 2 out of the 6 or so each and every time theyd pop off at the boat had 2 3lbers on a white bomber crankbait fishing in lillypads near dusk nice and slow (actually came through better then a spinnerbait in weeds) and then a 4lber on a chrome and blue rattle trap again thrown in my face at the boat i guess medium heavy rods are just to stout, or was i just having a really bad day =(
Old 04-10-07, 04:11 PM   #6
jooleyen
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jooleyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamez View Post
Then a 4lber on a chrome and blue rattle trap again thrown in my face at the boat i guess medium heavy rods are just to stout, or was i just having a really bad day =(
I have a medium spinning rod and a medium heavy baitcaster. Not too long ago I kept thinking I was having bad days until I realized my rod was too stout. I really don't like using spinning rods, but currently I am being forced to, because fish like to throw crankbaits at my face when I'm using a Medium Heavy rod. That's why I'm getting a Medium baitcaster. I can guarantee it will help.

P.S.-Beautiful lake and beautiful fish.
jooleyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-07, 08:20 PM   #7
flamez

i will get atleast a 5lber before this week is up now that the cold front has moved on lots of rain too so the water level is getting back to where i like it and this years pepper grass is growing aswell perfect mat fishin

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.