Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-10, 03:58 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Arrow Kory, Anthony - Making jigs (Jig head, skirt, rattle)?

Hey guys, I'm looking around on TW, and am beginning to think that it's gonna be more economical to make my own jigs. Not starting from scratch though, like pouring my lead and making the skirts. More like buying the jig heads, and than the skirts and rattles. And assembling them from there!

Having a bit of a hard time finding some good stuff though.

I wanna get a jig head that's 1/4oz or less, has a good hook, as long it wont rust, and is sharp enough. It's also gotta be able to come though grass well - NO FOOTBALL HEADS! I'd like to find a good Arkie head as well.

I like the colors of Naked Bait Starflash skirts, and I like the fact they're round rubber. Omega Replacement Skirts are also nice, love the colors!!

They've also got the little bands on them to add Skirts Unlimited Jig Rattles. How do those stay in place though during a fight?

I may have this all wrong, and if I do, please tell me! What components do you make you jig makers have in your jigs?

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.