Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-11, 10:37 PM   #1
joedog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default 2 for 1

Ok, first how many of you came to this thread anticipating a good monkey deal. Just messing with you.

The real deal is I have two questions.
First, when setting the hook when drop shotting do you use a sweeping set or like a circle hook (let them set thierselves)or like a jig set (ram it deep) or a worm set (kind of a combo, a hard sweep) or other?

Second, when casting, do you cast similar to a carolina rig or like a jig cast (not pitching and flipping) or what?

Ok I lied. Third question, I'm casting and using a 1/4 oz. finesse jig for weight (Wi.'s a 3 line/hook/lure state) and a 5 inch finesse worm for dropshot bait. So should I have jig and trailer(rage chunks) and finesse worm the same color and or shade or complete opposite like black/blue jig and white/pearl/crystal you know whiteish worm. While I'm at it, I'm lookig for good DURABLE finesse worms or shakey head worms (one in the same to me). I know Strike King has that line of like lizzards and such made with cyber flex but do they have finesse worms. And thiers got to be others. The sunnies and the dinks just do a number on normal thin worms. No success on 4in. sticks. Hey, and those who can't fish a rig like this, what would you do if you could?

Came looking for a 2 for 1 and got a 4 for 1, you all can thank me later.
Thanks and good fishing to all of you!
joedog is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.