Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Additional Categories > Bragging Board & Monkey Talk
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-11, 11:26 PM   #1
Bassboss
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Default G.Loomis price drop?

Anyone else notice that all the loomis rods at tackle warehouse have dropped in price?

7'1" MH GL2 - 160.00
7' MH GL3 - 184.00
7'1" MossyBack - 196.00
7' MH IMX - 216.00
7' MH GLX - 308.00
7'1" NRX - 380.00

Pretty significant price drop, thought I'd let you guys know! Seems like Loomis (shimano) finally woke up and saw that people where buying other rods that were just as good, or better then theirs, for less.
Old 12-21-11, 11:48 PM   #2
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

20% off all Loomis rods... Brings them down to what they should cost, lol... While Loomis rods perform great, they are being outdone when it comes to components and craftsmanship by quite a few companies.

I'm pretty sure this is one of TW's unadvertised sales that they run occasionally. Wouldn't be surprised to see prices back to normal before the new year.

BB
Old 12-22-11, 02:11 AM   #3
ETXbassassassin
BassFishin.Com Member

I'll take 6 of the 7' 1" NRX's and overnight them please Aw heck make it 8 @ that price who can resist.
Old 12-23-11, 04:12 PM   #4
islandbass
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Thanks, BB. But even at that price I wouldn't pay that much for a GL2. There are simply more rods at that price point that IMHO give you more bang for the buck. Are you biting on any of those offers?
Old 12-23-11, 09:36 PM   #5
Bubba_Bruiser
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Bubba_Bruiser

Just like anything else you buy. They have made a name and fan base for themselves. Just like a Coke, keep driving the price up until no one buys them anymore or they price themselves out and have no choice but to lower them. I was reading somewhere, maybe here, that they run such a high price to pad their warranty. No doubt though, they are making good money on them.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.