Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > Techniques, Strategy & Presentations
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-05, 02:10 PM   #1
kid

Default Whacky rig etc.

Me and one of my friends fish alot together and he always fishes the whacky rig.But all he catches is maybe one or two dinks in about a 3 hour period.I just recently bought a bag of stick worms and i was just thinking of using them on a drop shot or maybe just texas rigged.

Any recomendations?

kid
Old 08-23-05, 04:30 PM   #2
angelus40
BassFishin.Com Active Member

well you can do a texas rig or carolina rig
angelus40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-05, 05:08 PM   #3
bassthumb32
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to bassthumb32 Send a message via MSN to bassthumb32

Weightless Is My Favorite
Old 08-23-05, 05:09 PM   #4
JB
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I started out in may with the wacky rig and did fine, till they quit hitting it, so I then went texas rigged with a 3/16 weight bullet, or texas rigged the tiki with no wieght more often, Ya have to experiment with the mood of the fish and find out day in and day out, it changes
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-05, 06:30 PM   #5
kid

Yeah, they all probably work just depending on what time you throw them or the colors you use.
thanks,
kid
Old 08-23-05, 08:37 PM   #6
KH.
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

well your friends got the right idea but on a tiki he only got one fish in 3 hr????
thats just wrong,i dont care if the fish are hitting it or not thats pitiful
espicially on a tiki stick
Old 08-23-05, 09:16 PM   #7
454ss
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

Definitely find colors they like and rig that tiki weightless and u should git-r-done.
454ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-05, 01:52 AM   #8
River stumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid
Me and one of my friends fish alot together and he always fishes the whacky rig.But all he catches is maybe one or two dinks in about a 3 hour period.I just recently bought a bag of stick worms and i was just thinking of using them on a drop shot or maybe just texas rigged.

Any recomendations?

kid
I don't know if this will up your odds any as for catching more fish. But I use it instead of the Texas rig. And it works for me as far as making my soft worm baits last longer. I cut a tube bait into 1/16in bands. And I use a 3.0 weed guard hook, pull it in between the worm and band and fish it wacky. The worm will last alot longer. Good luck and Happy Fishing.
River stumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-05, 09:25 AM   #9
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by River stumps
I don't know if this will up your odds any as for catching more fish. But I use it instead of the Texas rig. And it works for me as far as making my soft worm baits last longer. I cut a tube bait into 1/16in bands. And I use a 3.0 weed guard hook, pull it in between the worm and band and fish it wacky. The worm will last alot longer. Good luck and Happy Fishing.
Sounds very good idea! I'm gonna try it. Any way, which kind tube did you use? what is the size of your tube? Did you match the color? Thanks.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-05, 12:35 PM   #10
River stumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O
Sounds very good idea! I'm gonna try it. Any way, which kind tube did you use? what is the size of your tube? Did you match the color? Thanks.
I have a bunch of Gitzits that I use and I try to match the color. Stretch the worm a little to get it started through the band, it should go on fairly easy, and It shouild fit like a tight ring on a finger..
River stumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-05, 01:56 PM   #11
H2O

Quote:
Originally Posted by River stumps
I have a bunch of Gitzits that I use and I try to match the color. Stretch the worm a little to get it started through the band, it should go on fairly easy, and It shouild fit like a tight ring on a finger..
Thanks a lot, buddy! I believe it works well. I have tried to use robber band, which I used a lot to tie baits on hooks when doing still fishing. However, it didn't work well on Tiki, cuz the salt cankered the robberband, and it became pretty messy.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.