Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-09, 02:21 PM   #1
fish4942
BassFishin.Com Active Member

Default Anybody use SpiderWire Invisi-Braid?

I was at Dick’s and the sales person was just raving about it. Says uses it exclusively for everything from Crappie to Walleye.
It’s pricey thought so I thought I’d get some feedback before I spool it on my next new reels. (Yes, tackle Monkey is still in effect)
fish4942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 02:32 PM   #2
rodnreel

LOL...I have to laugh at this because the exact same thing just happened to me. I've been having problems hooking up with fish using the conventional moss green braid. I know its the line because I'll throw the same bait into the same spot with floro and get the bite I was looking for. I haven't heard a whole lot of good things about it. BPS reviews says it's not as "invisible" as it is marketed. But, I had to buy some and check it out for myself. Let me know what you think after you give it a few uses and I'll do the same.
Old 09-22-09, 02:46 PM   #3
BigBassin144
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigBassin144

Sounds like a hoax to me, unless it isn't really a braid. If it is a fused line like fireline Crystal, then it may be more stransparent. Either way, I'll stick with my fluorocarbon.

BB
Old 09-22-09, 03:10 PM   #4
DaveW731

Exclamation True that!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassin144 View Post
Sounds like a hoax to me, unless it isn't really a braid. If it is a fused line like fireline Crystal, then it may be more stransparent. Either way, I'll stick with my fluorocarbon.

BB
Fireline Crystal is a JOKE! Looks absolutely like a neon tube! You cannot make either a fused or a braided superline as transparent as mono, let alone flouro.
DaveW731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-09, 03:14 PM   #5
rodnreel

I agree with both of those statements. I typically use the moss green for braid, but it seems to be very visible in the water I fish. So I figured I'd try a different color. The Invisi-Braid is white and I also picked up some red Power Pro. We'll see what happens....
Old 09-23-09, 05:50 AM   #6
dodgeguy
BassFishin.Com Veteran Member

it sucks.get fireline braid and color the end black with a sharpie.it becomes much harder to see.
Old 09-23-09, 12:14 PM   #7
DaveW731

I have found PowerPro in moss green to have about the lowest visibility of any of the superlines that I have tried (Spiderwire, Suffix, Fireline), braid or fused. I still use about a 5' flouro leader with it, if I am concerned about visibility.
DaveW731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-09, 06:20 PM   #8
WTL
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

I dont understand molecular chemistry. Science has been able to create things in my life that a short time ago unimaginable. That said, from my simple perspective, I dont see how they are going to make the superline material really translucent. It might be about like our military trying to make see-through planes. You're better off using tricks to disguise it than try to see through it.

I think the better the diameter/# test ratios get, the less visible the line will be. 8 pound power pro is already not too easy to see.

I also think the idea of camouflaging the line with alternative pigments might have potential with braid.
Old 09-23-09, 08:38 PM   #9
brushhog
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

I think the line visibility debate is a bit strange. As WTL said how visible is 8 pound power pro...

It maybe a little like an article I once read about engineers striving to devise a method to make the sharpest razors possible (apparently this was a very cool thing to engineers). At some point the razor does the job as well as need be and the improvement is superfluous.

How much more invisible can we make something that is inherently visible?
Old 09-24-09, 09:28 AM   #10
rodnreel

Tried this stuff out last night....dodgeguy hit it on the head, it sucks. The sensitivity was good and casting distance wasn't bad, but the visibility of that white line in the water is the worst I've ever seen. It looks like it's glowing in the water.

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.