Bass Fishing HomeBass Fishing Forums

Go Back   BassFishin.Com Forums > Serious Conversation Only > General Bass Fishing Topics
FAQ Community Members List Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-09, 02:08 PM   #1
Captmikestarrett
BassFishin.Com Super Veteran

Default Fishing with the FUNK's

In my second year of bass guiding I ran an advertisement in the Washington Post. It produced some odd results. Some of which I will touch on later in another story.

One day I get a call and the gent says he and his Dad would like to go fishing and we coordinate a date. He calls the night before and tries to cancel the trip but due to the loss of his deposit decides they will be there in the morning. A big front was due late the next day and the fishing at that time was crazy insane with fish taking lures as fast you could cast. I had a 60 fish day today and I knew with the tides just right they where going to have a 60 fish next day too. So next morning they arrive on time and off we go to our first spot. Bam bam bam 12 fish just like that. YES!!! A five minute lull ensues and the tide pulses again and 10 more come to the boat. This time it is 15 minutes before the next tide pulse and the Dad is *****ing about the lack of bites. I mean he is up in my face asking to go to another spot. "Captain you must have more than one spot on this river?" and I said I do but why leave hitting fish?

His response was "I pay you to take me fishing and you work for me." Well then sit down and hold on. Off we go to another spot. Bam bam 10 more fish and then the 10 minute lull as the tide pulses. "Got another spot there Captain?" This little dance goes on till late in the day and we have now covered 42 miles of river and the front is upon us. I have warned him and his son that a front was due in and we should run back closer to the dock. He reminded me again it is there trip and they paid for it.

Waves about three feet beat my little Gambler to a pulp. Jack plate all the way down and the engine tilted out to keep the front end up and from digging into a wave. It is a scary ride for those who know nothing about boat handling. I was secure and dry in my rain suit and I knew my boat very well. There was no danger but it required a slow ride with that nose way up. Up and down in the three footers we went. Then son turned green and blew lunch into his Dads chest.. Gross… So I just quartered starboard 12 degrees and a big wave cleaned him off. Haha.. Four hours later we arrive at the dock. It is 9 pm and darkness is setting in. The son pays me for there 60 plus fish day and no tip. Dad walks by and says "You’re a good Captain but the fishing is less than desirable here" "Good luck"

Three weeks later the son calls and apologizes for his Dad and wants to book another trip.
He tells me his Dad had a really good time too. I ask what date he wants. Such and such? Oh I am booked on that day. How about such and such? No booked that day too. Finally he gave up and stopped calling.

Capt Mike
Old 03-02-09, 02:42 PM   #2
MississippiBoy

What an idiot. I'd tell him sure, I'm open that date, then quote him $x (usual fee) + 200%.
"The Dept of Natural Resources increased the river usage tax recently, blah blah blah."

"Hassle factor" definitely comes into play here...
MississippiBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-09, 02:47 PM   #3
jig fisherman
BassFishin.Com Active Member

What a jack***, to catch that many fish would take at least 4 days for me.
jig fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-09, 03:08 PM   #4
3dkicker

Somebody needs to take Capt Mike out fishing cuz he's telling stories again!!! This one plus stinky sock stories and new state records. He's got it bad!!!
Old 03-02-09, 03:13 PM   #5
Captmikestarrett

5 days 10 hours and 14 minutes till shakeout..

Capt Mike
Old 03-02-09, 05:36 PM   #6
zooker
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

lol your right kicker.. the captain has done got cabin fever....

zooker
Old 03-02-09, 05:48 PM   #7
brushhog

When I read the title I thought the capt. went fishing with these guys... Now that would be a story!

That's Dory and Terry FUNK - old time pro wrasslers!
Attached Images

Last edited by brushhog; 03-02-09 at 09:30 PM.
brushhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-09, 06:35 PM   #8
bamabassman
BassFishin.Com Premier Elite

it'll be okay capt......i promise that it'll be okay. (as i look over my shoulder slowly walking away). i am just gonna go get a drink capt, i promise that i'll be back. (when out of sight.....RUNS.) HAHAHAHA, kidding capt. some folks are not happy unless they are an a hole ya know? for real, you can take me out anytime you can produce 60 bass in a trip.
Old 03-02-09, 06:57 PM   #9
aikenyounggun

yeah that guy was an idiot .... you definately should of been like normal price + 450% .... and said ohhh the tax and my boat insurance has gone up .... just a list of things..... got to hussle idiots

Disclosure / Disclaimer
Before acting on the content posted, you should know that BassFishin.Com may benefit financially and otherwise from content, advertising, links or otherwise from anything you click on, read, or look at on our website. Click here to read our Disclosure Policy and Disclaimer.